Print

Author Topic: Your Favorite "Big Collection of Games" games?  (Read 7276 times)

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2008, 03:34:53 PM »
No, Namco Museum on GBA has Pole Position. Like I said.

yeah but Pole Position would never be considered "Pac-Man style"

The 50th anniversary edition was on GBA too.
and it had all the games he mentioned. The game he couldn't think of was Galaga.
Ditto used Machop!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2008, 04:08:49 PM »
Yeah, "Pac-Man style" confused me but I never knew about 50th Anniversary.
That was a joke.

« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2008, 04:31:47 PM »
Is Kirby Super Star really a collection? None of them were previously released (Spring Breeze isn't a remake of Kirby's Dream Land).
I wouldn't make a selling point of it but I would say Spring Breeze is a 90% castrated remake of Kirby's Dream Land.

Quote from: http://themushroomkingdom.net/smb_nes2smas.shtml
In the NES version, Mario bounces back very quickly after breaking a brick block. When Mario jumps and breaks a brick in SMAS, he is pulled upward for a split second. Unfortunately, this small change wrecks the rhythm of the original game; in SMAS, instead of rebounding off a brick block without losing speed, when Mario makes a running jump and breaks a brick that is connected to another block, he'll bump into the adjacent block and fall straight down, resulting in a total loss of momentum.
Or "SMAS sucks".  I'd like SMAS if I didn't happen to dislike the new graphics and HATE the new sounds, which I can only guess was trying to sound as different from 2A03 as possible.

« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2008, 04:41:20 PM »
By Pacman style, I meant it had a main character (or Car, in this case) and 4 evil characters (.. other cars). I believe Rally-X and Galaga were the two games I couldn't remember. Thanks guys.

Kirby Superstar has a lot of psuedo-remakes: Spring Breeze is a remake of Kirby's Dreamland, Dynablade has a lot in common with Kirby's Adventure, and the fountain areas at the end of each planet (or level) in Milky Way Wishes are built similarly to the Dream Fountain from the previously mentioned Kirby's Adventure. I think the Dream Fountain trophy in Melee said something about other planets near Popstar having similar facilities.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2008, 01:53:37 AM »
Kirby Superstar: What's not to like? 9 Kirby games in one game pak on the Snes! Kirby's first game is re-imagined, a two player option is added, and all of them are fun! I still enjoy this one today as much as I did the day I first played it back when it was released..
Can't believe I forgot about that title AGAIN. Please shoot me in the face with one of those Cutter blades. Incidentally, the Cutter power is my favorite across the entire series, and I like the name "Sir Kibble". My favorite helper is Birdon just for his looks (made me smile when he clutched onto my legs while I was flying and I had to flap harder just to stay up), although I'm pretty bad with the Wing power.
Although I'm not always 100% thrilled with the levels in Kirby Superstar, the idea of several different games is pretty cool. I wager, though, that we all played it for the Great Cave Offensive. I was making a run through it just to eventually see the end of it, but I got stuck somewhere along the way and quit prematurely.
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2008, 02:10:23 AM »
The Great Cave Offensive is fun and all but it's really just not all that difficult.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2008, 04:52:54 PM »
Milky Way Wishes in it's entirety is one of my favorite moments in a video game ever.

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2008, 06:33:41 AM »
Sonic mega collection for the GC is my favorite.  But I also really like the Super Mario Advance collection too.
Probably likes Sonic games better than anyone else on the fungi forums.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2008, 12:12:27 PM »
That isn't a collection.
That was a joke.

« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2008, 12:55:13 PM »
My absolute favorite is Street Fighter Alpha Anthology. Arcade perfect ports + Hyper mode = the win.

Second is Super Mario All-Stars, even with raped SMB physics, it is what guided my childhood love of Mario games.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2008, 04:30:41 PM »
Super Mario All Stars + World. You can't go wrong with 5 classic mario sidescrollers in one cartrige that costs way less then all of the games originally did. :D
What is a mystery? Just go inside my head, and you'll find out.

« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2008, 04:43:50 PM »
Sonic Mega Collection+(PS2), Mario All Stars(SNES), Megaman anniversary collection(XBox), Ninja Gaiden Trilogy(SNES) and Kirby Super Star(SNES).

Runner-ups: Mega Man:The Wily Wars(Genesis), Sonic Gems Collection(Gamecube) and Street Fighter Anniversary Collection(PS1)

Print