Print

Author Topic: Pikmin 3 officially announced!!!!  (Read 22297 times)

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #60 on: October 09, 2008, 05:05:55 PM »
I meant now (or at least in the last few years). What did you think I was referring to?
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #62 on: October 09, 2008, 05:48:02 PM »
How often do posts get mod-edited anyway? Not very. An offensive image gets removed here, a ban-worthy comment gets removed there.* It's not like Stalin censoring the media.

*Which I think is way more lenient than just banning on the spot and deleting the post.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #63 on: October 09, 2008, 06:03:39 PM »
Preferable to how it looks now: like a Japanese history textbook.
(Somewhat in response to Glorb) Oh, I thought you were referring to NP.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #64 on: October 09, 2008, 06:19:32 PM »
How often do posts get mod-edited anyway? Not very. An offensive image gets removed here, a ban-worthy comment gets removed there.* It's not like Stalin censoring the media.

*Which I think is way more lenient than just banning on the spot and deleting the post.

But most of the time they're not ban-worthy, and definitely not censor-worthy. They tend to conflict with either the mod's moral beliefs *coughSapphiracough* or personal opinions *coughIScough*. I'm not saying that happens on a daily basis, and it doesn't happen as much as it used to, but it still happens, which is way too often.
every

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #65 on: October 09, 2008, 07:17:30 PM »

« Reply #66 on: October 10, 2008, 09:25:22 PM »
Like look: http://themushroomkingdom.net/board/index.php?topic=12066.msg523168#msg523168

Look at that. The post was self-removed 20 days later. That's ridiculous. Because of it, I couldn't even figure out where the topic of me picking a VP came from (I was going to make a joke about it).

This has to stop. Is there a setting to create a time limit? Like you can't edit your posts after 24 hours or something?

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #67 on: October 10, 2008, 11:21:42 PM »
Setting a time limit on post editing would break topics like this.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #68 on: October 11, 2008, 12:01:47 AM »
Break? Ever heard of... making a new post!

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #69 on: October 11, 2008, 09:46:00 AM »
It would still be broken. Weekly Releases was made so you could click on it and quickly see what was being released in the upcoming week. Having to make a new post every week (or more, in case you missed something or a release date changed) would make the topic messy and disorganized.

I really don't think it's worth it to take away yet another one of our powers just for the sake of Internet comedy. After all, can't you just call people out on editing their posts if it was done to cover up something stupid or embarassing?
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #70 on: October 11, 2008, 08:24:00 PM »
Here's how it happens: You catch 'em and quote 'em when it happens. That's it. If this case were any more closed it would implode.

« Reply #71 on: October 11, 2008, 08:35:02 PM »
It would still be broken. Weekly Releases was made so you could click on it and quickly see what was being released in the upcoming week. Having to make a new post every week (or more, in case you missed something or a release date changed) would make the topic messy and disorganized.

I really don't think it's worth it to take away yet another one of our powers just for the sake of Internet comedy. After all, can't you just call people out on editing their posts if it was done to cover up something stupid or embarassing?

Here's how it happens: You catch 'em and quote 'em when it happens. That's it. If this case were any more closed it would implode.

Okay, guess I'm going to have to quote everything said since my last post every time. How else am I supposed to save a post I had no clue I'd need twenty days later.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #72 on: October 11, 2008, 08:40:07 PM »
Or quit whining, live with it and just get annoyed with the people who do edit their posts rather than the fact that they can. You can't always get what you want.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Print