Poll

What is the best?

Singleplayer
Multiplayer Co-op
Multiplayer Versus
Print

Author Topic: Play With People?  (Read 6891 times)

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2008, 05:55:34 PM »
I contend that certain games constitute some of the finest works of fiction in recent memory, and are eligible for "alone" status the same as reading. I'm not going to agree that a lot of reading constitutes the sacred aloneness you seem to describe, either.
That was a joke.

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2008, 06:23:59 PM »
I suppose that I should have qualified that statement at bit more. You are correct, but I think that there needs to be a deep appreciation for the storyline and that there needs to be some element of truth conveyed in the storyline that contributes to the good of the person. We need to be careful not to allow the video games (be they alone or with friends) or even works of fiction take the place of real relationships and communication skills that contribute to a whole view of nature, not a merely permanent virtual (or literary) vacation.

But, yes, Chupperson is right to point out that video games can tell a good story and that there is much to be gleaned from good, well-told stories.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2008, 09:44:18 PM »
I agree with you all the way, actually (I hate it when I put a lot of work into a post and it still doesn't convey my genuine thoughts...).
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2008, 05:49:52 PM »
I play more singleplayer games more than anything else, but lately I've been playing tons of co-op in L4D. Versus, too, but it feels a little unbalanced some times.
every

« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2009, 11:36:50 PM »
I voted Multiplayer Verses. Because in my opinion, games are more fun when you're playing with two or more people. The feeling you get when you beat someone is "Yes! In your face! I won!" But it's different when you beat the computer. It's like "...whoopee...I beat the computer..."
Anyway, I enjoy playing with or without people.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2009, 11:38:51 PM by FlamingBlueMardio »
"It's vital to reflect occasionally on whether one is overdoing whatever it is one person is doing." ~Toadsworth

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2009, 08:08:56 AM »
When I do play against the computer, I can never fully enjoy it because I know it's just going through a pre-programmed pattern of fixed responses to the situation (then again, so am I if you want to get all psycho-scientific on me).
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2009, 08:55:54 AM »
I chose singleplayer. Mainly because, I have no one to play with here. Multiplayer Co-op, which I can normally only due on Wi-fi on my favorite games, is fun. Occasionally, my sister will play Truama Center: New Blood with me. As for Multi-Versus, Same spot as Co-op. My bro plays Mario Kart Wii with me from time to time. But thats basically it.

Print