Print

Author Topic: A suggestion for Forum Games  (Read 11955 times)

« on: January 24, 2009, 11:14:22 PM »
There should be a sticky thread in Forum Games where you must first post in before posting a new forum game. The suggestion for a new game would have to get 3 approvals from other members before you could post a new thread for a forum game. It would help regulate unwanted threads in Forum Games, not that we have a big problem with unwanted forum games, but it would help nonetheless.
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2009, 11:17:40 PM »
It would help regulate unwanted threads in Forum Games

Any of the threads in Forum Games are wanted?
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2009, 12:36:24 AM »
I appreciate almost all of the topics made in the Forum Games, no matter how stupid/pointless they may be.

Sorry, but I can't say I support this idea. I don't wanna have to get someone else's approval when I want to post a new topic. I trust myself to be mature enough to post a topic that's at least somewhat interesting and worthwhile, even if it's just a silly Forum Games thread.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2009, 12:42:03 AM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2009, 12:41:19 AM »
It's just a suggestion, it's not like we have a problem with bad forum games at all, though I know this would be neccesary on some other forums that I know of.
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2009, 12:43:36 AM »
Imagine using this sticky in "Not at the Dinner Table." Nothing would get approved or posted!

Hm...on second thought, that doesn't sound half bad.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2009, 12:46:06 AM by PaperLuigi »

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2009, 12:45:08 AM »
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2009, 01:31:51 AM »
I have to admit, some of the forum games are a waste of space (no offense). Here are some that I find a waste of time (no offense):

***Warning! FBM being brutally honest!***

Make a band: Why? Who cares if you can string together a few names and form a band that doesn't exist? It's not like that wish will be granted or anything.

MS Paint Story: I have bad feelings about this game...

The random video thread: I have no problems with this one...but if you want to see random videos, just go to YouTube.

Super Smash Brothers: WWE Style!: This seems more like a fanfiction and should be placed in Fan Creations.

Ask a stupid question get a stupid answer: Hm, you decide.

Random Stats: Pointless.

***Warning! FBM being brutally honest!*** (Sorry)

Let me just note that these games are "ok" and can be improved. And it doesn't mean that these members can't improve on future forum games ideas. After all, practice does make perfect. And I know even I will fail at some ideas, but trial and error, y'know? There's a lot more forum games, but I'm leaving it at that.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2009, 01:34:33 AM by FlamingBlueMardio »
"It's vital to reflect occasionally on whether one is overdoing whatever it is one person is doing." ~Toadsworth

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2009, 06:19:54 AM »
To add to that suggestion, I think that it should only apply to newer members.

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2009, 10:20:58 AM »
Why put restrictions on the Forum Games?!! The moderators (and about half of the active members) don't seem to care that it even exists anyway! Just leave the [darn] thing as it is. There is absolutely no need to put restrictions or regulations on it.

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2009, 11:45:09 AM »
I agree. Everything should be left alone. Some of the games aren't that bad, and some are starting to grow on me...
"It's vital to reflect occasionally on whether one is overdoing whatever it is one person is doing." ~Toadsworth

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2009, 12:57:46 PM »
They're just for fun. They don't hurt anyone.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2009, 01:12:33 PM »
Instead of approval for Forum Games, we need a guideline for Fan Creations: no more threads starting with "Gallery of".

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2009, 01:56:20 PM »
It really annoys you that much? Jeez....

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2009, 02:23:44 PM »
If you don't like a thread, don't post in it. Stringing up a bunch of red tape isn't going to improve anybody's perception of Forum Games. As the the "Galleries", fads come and go here. No biggie.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2009, 08:00:44 PM »
About fan creations...
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

Print