Print

Author Topic: Animal Abuse in video games  (Read 17097 times)

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #60 on: March 16, 2009, 07:37:15 PM »
KO? This isn't Pokémon.

In a rare counterpoint to video games promoting animal abuse, arcade btmup Growl has you saving animals from evil poachers and the like. However, the second form of the final boss is some inexplicable snake-monster, so I guess that cancels it out.

« Reply #61 on: March 16, 2009, 11:46:13 PM »
Star Fox 64/Lylat Wars; those bird-like creatures on Solar that you can shoot down (at least I think they're creatures?).
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #62 on: March 17, 2009, 10:12:33 AM »
Some of the bosses are "bio-weapons", so those sun dragon things might be too.

« Reply #63 on: March 17, 2009, 04:08:05 PM »
Adding onto that, you can kill rats, crows, and dogs in RE5. The dogs are excused because they're parasite infected, but the rest of the animals listed aren't.

Adding onto this, there's an old Umbrella (the evil cooperation) lab in RE5. There's an animal testing room. Since there's no freakin logical reason for them to still be alive after years of it being abandoned, I killed them all. That includes, a giant rat, a mouse, 2 dogs, and 2 goats.

« Reply #64 on: April 05, 2009, 01:34:52 PM »
I guess the beginning of animal abuse came before rated games and what not.  Perhaps it seemed like at the time that killing animals was a lot less violent than killing other people.  Or you could go the EarthBound route and just say that they became tame.

Print