Print

Author Topic: Pokemon Topic  (Read 368953 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #720 on: March 06, 2011, 01:29:49 AM »
ROMs were leaked. It doesn't apparently work in my R4 though for some reason, probably because it's too old/outdated and I'd need another patch to make it work. Super Scribblenauts didn't work either so I ended up buying a real copy.

'S coo'. I'll just wait till Game Freak finishes the game, I can do without playing White or Black

Edit: Not really, I updated my R4's firmware and now it works. The game is good; I'm just not going to pay for it twice--if the rumor that there won't be a Gray turns out true I'll buy White, but I rather doubt it.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 07:13:10 PM by BP »
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #721 on: March 08, 2011, 12:45:02 PM »
HELP THERE'S A TAMBOURINE ATTACHED TO MY DUDE AND IT WON'T COME OFF

« Reply #722 on: March 08, 2011, 09:44:57 PM »
WTD? Is this rigged or was there really some dude named "Lucas" playing right outside my house from the instant I got my C-Gear?

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #723 on: March 09, 2011, 04:59:07 AM »
If I ever catch an Arceus, I'm naming it Maxis.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Jman

• Score
« Reply #724 on: March 09, 2011, 04:48:24 PM »
I'm still trying to grasp all of the new quirks of Pokemon Black.  So far, I'm loving it (oh crap, now McDonalds is going to sue me).
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

« Reply #725 on: March 10, 2011, 01:35:50 AM »
I love all the playful stuff this game does with its music. I love the percussion that only plays when you walk. I love the NPCs that play instruments along with the background music, I love the phat-as-hell low health beep. I love that the Gym Leader's final Pokémon gets its own extra song. I love the song with the tinkling straight out of Vanilla Dome and I love the song with the whistles straight out of Super Mario Kart/Super Mario RPG. Thank you Shota Kageyama, for giving me something worthwhile in this game.

I hate that the names of Pokémon and moves aren't capitalized. It's incredibly disturbing.

What exactly is the point of the IR tech? Is it entirely to mess with pirates? If so that's awesome.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #726 on: March 10, 2011, 08:25:11 AM »
Not capitalized?  At all?  Or just not in all caps?

If the latter, it's about time.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #727 on: March 10, 2011, 03:38:29 PM »
As with items and character names in IV, Pokémon names are no longer capped by default. I was almost expecting them to go the full length and give the heroes' friends' Pokémon cheesy, lovable nicknames but nope.

And I wonder why not. NPCs with nicknamed Pokémon, though usually not battleable, have existed. Mr. Briney, anyone, including Gym Leaders, who would trade with you or appear in a contest, and others...
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #728 on: March 10, 2011, 05:10:02 PM »
I miss the days of all proper nouns being in ALL MONKEYFIGHTING CAPS.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #729 on: March 10, 2011, 06:28:15 PM »
The caps thing was stupid, and even though I'm not planning on getting Black or White, I'm glad it's gone. Now if only they'd stop doing about half a dozen other weird things with the text...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #730 on: March 10, 2011, 07:37:26 PM »
I love the song with the tinkling straight out of Vanilla Dome and I love the song with the whistles straight out of Super Mario Kart/Super Mario RPG.

I hate that the names of Pokémon and moves aren't capitalized. It's incredibly disturbing.

Mario music in the Pokemon series? Really!? Took them long enough. :p
There were enough references and such in the past..

Move names should always be ALL CAPS. How are we going to know what moves are being used? (is the first letter capitalized at least? ie: Psychic, Mewtwo)
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #731 on: March 10, 2011, 08:13:49 PM »
Yes, sorry, the first letter of moves and Pokémon names is capitalized. It looks horrible and is an abomination to everything Pokémon stands for.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #732 on: March 10, 2011, 08:19:34 PM »
Mind you, most of what Pokémon stands for really sucks.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #733 on: March 11, 2011, 01:24:17 AM »
A 10-12 year old beating up people's pets and taking their money.. wait, that actually sounds almost cool...
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #734 on: March 12, 2011, 12:41:03 AM »
Anything that advocates illicit animal fighting is A-OK in my books.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Print