Print

Author Topic: Pokemon Topic  (Read 369015 times)

« Reply #750 on: March 19, 2011, 02:55:46 PM »
People who can view your information on Facebook.

I wish I could get back into the Pokemon thing, but I'm still trying to finish up catching them all up through Pearl and SoulSilver.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #751 on: March 19, 2011, 07:57:23 PM »
The only Pokemon player I know IRL plans on getting Black on R4, so I doubt its local wireless would even be compatible with actual copies of the game.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #752 on: March 19, 2011, 08:50:59 PM »

God I hope not.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #753 on: March 19, 2011, 08:53:21 PM »

Doesn't that make Mark Zuckerberg everyone's best friend?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #754 on: March 20, 2011, 01:08:02 AM »
I doubt its local wireless would even be compatible with actual copies of the game.

Whatja mean, like, the kind of wireless stuff most other DS games are capable of? You can do that just fine on games running on R4s. I've done a trade with a friend on his real copy of White already. Wi-Fi works, too (not that I have it). But all the IR business is obviously a no-go.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #755 on: March 20, 2011, 01:22:50 AM »
Really? That's good to know.

As an aside, Bianca is just too [darn] :3.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #756 on: March 20, 2011, 10:46:33 AM »
I ordered White and I just got to play it a couple of days ago. They really did an excellent job on it; it has a much better pace than any other Pokemon game I've played, and you seem to encounter your friends more often throughout the story. Battles are much smoother and quicker, which is a big improvement from last generation, and I actually like the Pokemon I've seen so far. I'd definitely recommend it to any Pokemon veteran.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

« Reply #757 on: March 20, 2011, 05:36:08 PM »
Using Braviary (AKA Wargle AKA Pokemon's Embodiment of America) as my HM ***** is quite satisfying.

EDIT: Halfway through Victory Road, my starter is at level 60. Am I terribly over-levelled?
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 05:42:16 PM by Weegee »

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #758 on: March 20, 2011, 10:06:47 PM »
Yeah, my starter was only 53 when I beat the game. Though, I had made a concentrated effort to level three pokemen evenly-ish. The final battles were tough for me at this level, but should be a cake walk at your level.

EDIT: Also, Herdier/Stoutland are the best Pokemon (a.k.a Bidoof) of this generation. And the Lillipup sprite reminds me of GiftedGirl's art.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 10:09:34 PM by Black Mage »

« Reply #759 on: March 20, 2011, 11:48:04 PM »
What a hollow Elite Four victory that was. Each battle consisted of little more than a few applications of Swords Dance followed by Waterfall and X-Scissors; everything went down in one hit. Hopefully it'll be more challenging next time around. It was like losing my virginity to a cheap whore rather than in a meaningful relationship.

Don't you just love it when good Pokemon have their potential spoilt by bad natures? On that note, I'll trade anyone my Timid Zekrom for a Reshiram.

Also, I saw the attached thread on 4chan's /vp/ board earlier this evening. Would anyone else care to fill it out?

Gen I: Farftech'd and Kabutops
Gen II: Dragonite and Scizor
Gen III: Latias and [idunnolol]
Gen IV: Dragonite and Porygon-Z
Gen V: Sigilyph and [undetermined]
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 01:15:55 AM by Weegee »

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #760 on: March 21, 2011, 10:28:03 AM »
I was one of those kids who picked Charmander in Gen I, so my Butterfree and I were pretty close.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #761 on: March 21, 2011, 11:50:25 AM »
Aw man, first time playing through Gen 1 I got so attached to my Pidgeot and Stamie I almost cried when I found my old blue had been wiped. This was years later, mind. Bro tears.
Gen II would probably be Graveler and Espeon, but I didn't play it as much.
Gen III - Flygon and Crobat. 
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

Jman

• Score
« Reply #762 on: March 21, 2011, 01:30:13 PM »
I make it a habit to raise a Butterfree whenever I play a Pokemon game in which Caterpie are available. 

Oh, and Gen IV: Luxray and Lucario.  Shinx was the first Pokemon I caught after a long time away from the franchise (I don't like to speak of those days anymore), and Lucario is just awesome. 
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

« Reply #763 on: March 21, 2011, 03:54:55 PM »
Gen 1- I have a hard time deciding, but Eevee and Mewtwo were pretty good friends of mine. :)
(Squirtle and Bulbasaur were awesome too, but we can't pick starters..)

Gen 4- Shinx (any of it's evo line are awesome, also one of the first that I caught after a long time away from the franchise [outside of like the SSB games and such anyway]) and Spiritomb (I really like its design. It's extremely weird looking and hard to hit. It's awesome)

I don't know if I can have an opinion about Gen 2, since I am playing the remade version (HGSS are Gen 2 remakes, correct?)
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #764 on: March 21, 2011, 10:48:12 PM »
I think the first non-starter I put any heart into (read: raised from level 15 to 60) was an Altaria... I forgot what her name was...

My memory of Pokémon I'd be devastated if I lost is pretty much limited to everything I got in HeartGold (which includes my last Ruby party) so how 'bout I just name off two non-starter favorites from each game, each of which I currently have at least one individual bro

1: Lickitung, Raichu
2: Politoed, Furret
3: Altaria, Ludicolo
4: Lickilicky, Rotom
5: Emolga... for now, Stoutland, I guess. I haven't gotten my sixth badge yet, gimme some more time
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Print