Poll

Which prize is better?

Doc Louis's Punch-Out!!
Mario Hat
Print

Author Topic: The Platinum Problem  (Read 23876 times)

« Reply #75 on: July 02, 2010, 05:46:34 PM »
No problem this year: there's only one choice.

« Reply #76 on: July 02, 2010, 06:12:27 PM »
My desire for that figurine set is immeasurable. Unless I finally come across a working code generator Nintendo releases a flurry of first-party titles this year, it might not come within my reach.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #77 on: July 03, 2010, 12:41:51 AM »
You'll also need a timemachine since these are the rewards for this year which ended three days ago.

« Reply #78 on: July 03, 2010, 01:10:24 AM »
Oh.

[dukar].

I hadn't updated my account since ordering the Mario cap, so every thought pertaining to Club Nintendo slipped from my memory until now. I wouldn't have had enough Coins anyway, though, so whatever.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #79 on: July 03, 2010, 07:43:21 AM »
I'm digging that Samus calendar, but will one like it even be available this year/next year?  For that matter, how many games would I have to buy to get it?
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #80 on: July 03, 2010, 09:34:18 AM »
For goodness sake. The Luigi on that figure is in the exact same pose as an already existing Luigi figure. It's a nice pose and all, but...

As for me, I don't get games very often and, even with all the codes I got from family members, I wouldn't have enough. So I never registered a single game this year.
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #81 on: July 03, 2010, 11:13:45 AM »
You can still use the coins you'd get for the other items. Although there hasn't been anything particularly desirable yet.

« Reply #82 on: July 03, 2010, 01:48:18 PM »
For that matter, how many games would I have to buy to get it?

A Gold membership requires at least 300 Coins. That's ten DS games or six Wii games in one year. The only reason I could afford the Mario cap was because I registered two years' worth of games, including some whose codes were "donated" by my cousin.

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #83 on: July 03, 2010, 02:47:10 PM »
You can still use the coins you'd get for the other items. Although there hasn't been anything particularly desirable yet.
Well aware. I just meant getting enough to get gold/platinum.
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #84 on: July 03, 2010, 04:49:13 PM »
You could actually get Platinum status for about $270 by buying a DSi and 44 200-point games.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #85 on: July 03, 2010, 08:19:19 PM »
A Gold membership requires at least 300 Coins. That's ten DS games or six Wii games in one year. The only reason I could afford the Mario cap was because I registered two years' worth of games, including some whose codes were "donated" by my cousin.
So, if I registered every Wii/DS game I own, I could conceivably get a cool Samus swimsuit calendar.  If one is ever available again.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #86 on: July 04, 2010, 09:12:07 AM »
Cheer up. I'm sure someone will post images online after getting this years calendar. :)
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #87 on: July 05, 2010, 04:04:59 AM »
So, if I registered every Wii/DS game I own, I could conceivably get a cool Samus swimsuit calendar.  If one is ever available again.

Take a closer look. The calender includes various Nintendo characters, and this one is last years model anyway.

Also, I got my Mario trophy in the mail. I'm glad I held off from registering them last year.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #88 on: July 05, 2010, 02:52:21 PM »
I hate you so much for calling it a trophy. ;~;

Anyways, I've reached Gold membership for this year.

« Reply #89 on: July 08, 2011, 02:27:33 PM »

The site seems to be broken right now though; it errors when I try to click to accept.

Print