Print

Author Topic: New Super Mario Brothers Wii  (Read 161117 times)

« Reply #315 on: October 21, 2009, 06:37:53 PM »
My friends, I come bearing good news from Nintendo Power: First and foremost, the "auto-play" feature won't be accessible until you fail the level in question a certain number of times. Additionally, the Penguin Suit is just an Ice Flower/Blue Shell hybrid which combines the former's ice-chucking abilities with the latter's belly-sliding and enhanced swimming features.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #316 on: October 21, 2009, 07:05:36 PM »
So Penguins can belly slide in desert areas?

You learn something new every day.
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

« Reply #317 on: October 21, 2009, 07:25:42 PM »
My friends, I come bearing good news from Nintendo Power: First and foremost, the "auto-play" feature won't be accessible until you fail the level in question a certain number of times.
I heard it was eight, therefore in some cases requiring you get a Game Over.  I thought that had already been posted here, though.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #318 on: October 21, 2009, 07:57:22 PM »
Yeah, it had (well, a link concerning it), and yes, the "Super Guide" will only show up if you die eight times in a row. If it never shows up, though, you get... a different title screen.

As for that tidbit concerning the Penguin Suit, I could already tell that from the first videos.

Also, just for the record, "the Toad" = the Mario equivalent of the Picori now.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #319 on: October 21, 2009, 08:28:48 PM »
Having never played Minish Cap before (even though I really want to), all I know of the Picori is that they're some kind of mouse creature.
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #320 on: October 22, 2009, 06:28:46 AM »
The game explains that they're the ones who hide items and Rupees in bushes.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #321 on: October 22, 2009, 10:23:06 PM »
I sure am glad Nintendo decided to make Peach unplayable since the developers would need to program and animate her dress. I mean that's a ton of effort, how could a game development team ever hope to put in enough effort for something as complex as a dress? I wouldn't want them to stress themselves out.
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #322 on: October 22, 2009, 10:48:13 PM »
She's kidnapped.

So it would have to have been Daisy.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #323 on: October 22, 2009, 11:38:08 PM »
When I went back and actually read that interview for myself, Miyamoto was obviously joking about the dress.

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #324 on: October 23, 2009, 06:33:06 PM »
Looks like I was right about the Penguin Suit being used for swimming better.

But that's all the bragging from me.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #325 on: October 23, 2009, 08:34:04 PM »
When I went back and actually read that interview for myself, Miyamoto was obviously joking about the dress.
Possibly NSFW.

Oh, and

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #326 on: October 23, 2009, 08:43:29 PM »
Well, you don't want kids trying to eat coins like Yoshi is trying to do. They could catch Nickel Poison.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #327 on: October 23, 2009, 08:49:15 PM »
Maybe "small parts" refers to certain characters that only play minor roles in the game, a concept so complex for toddlers to grasp that they'll choke on the triangular exclamation mark-sign they're eating.

« Reply #328 on: October 23, 2009, 09:25:19 PM »
Actually, "small parts" refers to the exploded fragments of my head from seeing that Nintendo is actually using that hideous red box art.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #329 on: October 23, 2009, 09:27:35 PM »
Something tells me its for nostalgia sake... But just what is that SOMETHING o_O

Print