Print

Author Topic: Obligatory Zelda Topic  (Read 18692 times)

« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2009, 04:46:31 PM »
I think the only "Water Temple" I've really hated is the one in Majora's Mask.

I'm like a Zelda noob (Didn't beat OoT, never played MM) but I didn't think the one in TP was that bad...well maybe it was. I can't remember. ;_;

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2009, 06:41:13 PM »
That one was less about raising and lowering water levels and more about changing currents... then again, I can't quite remember, either.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2009, 07:49:39 PM »
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2009, 12:50:20 AM »
I got as far as the 2nd village in Twilight Princess, got sick and tired of being Wolf Link so much.
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2009, 01:16:51 AM »
And thus you missed one of the better and more thoroughly awesome titles in the series. Smooth move, Dexter.
That was a joke.

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2009, 10:58:29 AM »
Hey, I still have it.

Too bad though, my hands are currently full with Wind Waker, Metroid Prime Trilogy, SSBB now and then, and a SMW Hack I'm playing on Wii thanks to Homebrew.
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2010, 09:36:39 PM »
I've been playing A Link to the Past lately, and it's making Wind Waker look really unfinished by comparison, with its huge number of dungeons and upgrades and items and things to spend Rupees on besides Tingle's charts.  Don't get me wrong, Wind Waker is great, and I definitely like its visual style better, but I think ALttP has it beaten in other ways.

Also, the Dark World theme is awesome.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 09:39:12 PM by Turtlekid1 »
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2010, 09:58:35 PM »
What a coincidence: I too recently started playing ALLttP again, and was considering bumping this very thread to announce that I had finally beaten it.  In my opinion, A Link to the Past and Wind Waker are both overrated. The former is frustrating at times and direly needs a remake to revamp its primitive physics system, while sailing often makes the latter a chore to play. I enjoy both, but neither is as perfect as critics make them out to be.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2010, 10:20:21 PM »
Yeah, you can definitely get screwed over during combat by the physics... and the enemies' tendencies to get right up in your face and stay there, even during your period of mercy-invincibility.  Combine that with the fact that you start with seven hearts at the most, thus necessitating farming or wasting a fairy, for a good example of fake difficulty.  Almost as bad as the original MetroidAlmost.

« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2010, 11:25:50 PM »
Yeah, starting after a Game Over with barely enough health to restock at the nearest Fairy Fountain can be aggravating. Worst of all is how some Dark World foes can deal three full Hearts of damage with a single attack, and how enemies respawn the moment you move from one "screen" to another. I died 39 times in ALttP, versus once or twice in the other LoZ titles I own.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2010, 07:08:36 AM »
Anyone know a good N64 emulator?  I'd like to play OoT and MM on something that isn't Wii64 so I can have a good framerate with minimal sound/graphics glitches.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2010, 10:38:46 AM »
I would indeed like to see another Zelda game with... how many are there in ALttP? 12? Well, yeah, that many. It's important to remember, though, that they were pretty short in comparison to the ones in more recent Zeldas.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2010, 01:55:53 PM »
how many are there in ALttP? 12? Well, yeah, that many. It's important to remember, though, that they were pretty short in comparison to the ones in more recent Zeldas.

You're talking about dungeons, I assume?

« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2010, 03:49:21 PM »
I'm gonna be cool and now post exactly according to the thread prompt.
Sounds like a plan.

Favorite Zelda game: Call it an unorthodox choice, but I'm going with the Minish Cap. What it lacks in length and difficulty, it makes up for in charm and ingenuity. Its physics are fluid, the dungeons are never overbearing, weapons rarely become gimmicky or obselete, and the shrinking mechanic only increases the game's explorability factor.

Favorite weapon/item: Either Roc's Cape from the Minish Cap, or the Hookshot.

Favorite dungeons: To me, the best part of the series has always been exploring the overworld. While not a dungeon per se, my favourite area in any LoZ game is the Wind Waker's Hyrule Castle, and the path connecting it to Ganon's Tower. As for actual dungeons, the Minish Cap's Palace of Winds and Twilight Princess' Goron Mines take the cake.

Least favorite dungeons: Ocarina of Time's Water Temple was a nightmare (as admitted by Shiggy himself), and Jabu-Jabu's Belly was the most problematic area I've faced in any Zelda title to date. In the Wind Waker, constantly losing Makkar made the Wind Temple a rather frustrating ordeal for me.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #44 on: June 29, 2010, 09:32:31 AM »
Least favorite dungeons: Ocarina of Time's Water Temple was a nightmare (as admitted by Shiggy himself), and Jabu-Jabu's Belly was the most problematic area I've faced in any Zelda title to date.

I found the Water Temple to be very easy; I just found it annoying how you have to switch boots every now and then. I remember I used to think that it was the hardest dungeon ever, but I later found out that you can skip almost the whole dungeon through glitches. I also recently did almost the entire game without a sword, which made Dark Link and a couple of other bosses a pain to beat, but I still came through.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 08:58:42 PM by Kimimaru »
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

Print