Print

Author Topic: Twisted New Disney Game  (Read 17458 times)

« Reply #60 on: October 19, 2009, 10:15:10 PM »
Let's just agree that TV is wrong and be done with it.
Yes, enough of the tyranny of sports games and Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader, it's time to "drop it like a trig class"!
(actually, trigonometry was the easiest and most fun math class I ever had. Screw integrals, triangles is where it's at)

I too wish Toon Link would go away, he just strikes me as ugly. Those big eyes don't emote any more than the regular Link did (the only difference I see is that he moves a bit more than usual, such as his eyes moving when he's up against a wall - Twilight Princess had NPCs moving more than usual too). And I hate that that one lock of hair just dangles upward above his hat when he's running forward. And it looks weird that his eye is in front of his hair there - how does that work? You see that sort of thing in anime.
But it's a little better than the initial Toon Link design, and I guess he's more tolerable when he's at a distance like in Smash Bros. Brawl. But I'm annoyed that he's taken the place of Kid Link. There was nothing wrong with Kid Link other than a slightly-creepy face.
You didn't say wot wot.

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #61 on: October 20, 2009, 10:39:57 AM »
YI uses what I call "2.5D" graphics. PM is barely 2D, unless its SPM.
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #62 on: October 20, 2009, 01:21:56 PM »
I think you've got that backwards.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #63 on: October 20, 2009, 03:06:25 PM »
THREAD DERAILED

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #64 on: October 20, 2009, 04:59:55 PM »
Personally I think Obama should not be elligible for a Nobel prize because he's a Muslim.
every

« Reply #65 on: October 20, 2009, 05:41:51 PM »
And it looks weird that his eye is in front of his hair there - how does that work? You see that sort of thing in anime.

You answered your own question. I think it's ok for anime and games to borrow things from eachother. They've been doing it for years..

THREAD DERAILED

You know, after reading that post, my eyes saw Glorb's custom title. Made it kinda funny..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #66 on: October 20, 2009, 08:17:43 PM »
Personally I think Obama should not be elligible for a Nobel prize because he's a Muslim.

I'm not really for Obama, but I wish this foolishness would just die. The only piece of proof there is is him wearing a towel on his head, and for all we know that could have been a Halloween costume.

But I'm stopping right here :|
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #67 on: November 23, 2009, 02:56:18 PM »
Anyone ever heard of that game Epic Mickey? Yeah, pretty cool, huh.
Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind!

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #68 on: November 23, 2009, 03:49:25 PM »
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #69 on: November 23, 2009, 04:32:28 PM »
You know what, I'm not really expecting anything good from Disney + Nintendo.

« Reply #70 on: November 23, 2009, 05:00:39 PM »
Well, if this isn't going to be a Mickey Mouse version of American McGee's Alice, I'm out.
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #71 on: November 23, 2009, 06:47:27 PM »
This month's Nintendo Power featured a three-page preview on the game, which exposes it as merely a "Disneyfied" Nightmare Before Christmas. For instance, those sketches depicting zombie/cyborg-hybrid Mickey characters have given way to torpid-looking Disney icons with metal limbs. The only appreciable move they've made since those promising initial details was to feature a Steamboat Willie-styled Mickey as the protaganist.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #72 on: November 24, 2009, 07:56:42 AM »
In the game's defense, isn't it true that those original drawings were actually just something some guys with a really weird idea were pitching around, as opposed to actual, pre-dev concept art?

I don't know, I've heard multiple stories. The game still looks neat, though.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #73 on: November 25, 2009, 11:38:52 PM »

...compared to...

Which, ironically, has everything to do with ShadowBrain's post.
Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #74 on: November 26, 2009, 07:16:30 PM »
...I'm sorry, you're going to have to elaborate upon that a bit. I get what you're basically saying, though.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Print