Print

Author Topic: That Whole "Metroid Prime (Trilogy) is the Citizen Kane of Videogames" Thing  (Read 14845 times)

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #45 on: October 14, 2009, 09:58:27 AM »
Why I don't like humans in Pixar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vD2hu56MUNM
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #46 on: October 14, 2009, 10:54:31 AM »
Admit it, you're just jealous because your diapers weren't molded hard plastic.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #47 on: October 14, 2009, 12:00:11 PM »
Okay what. You're using a 21-year-old example of primitive CG as a reason you don't want to see modern, well-rendered CG? You totally fail at thinking. Forever. Die now.
That was a joke.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #48 on: October 14, 2009, 01:34:18 PM »
Tv_Themes is Francis, is all. Don't be hatin' just cos he be hatin'.
every

« Reply #49 on: October 14, 2009, 01:56:38 PM »
That is probably the sexiest baby I've ever laid eyes upon. The neck wrinkles and emaciated limbs just scream youth.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #50 on: October 14, 2009, 02:29:31 PM »
Man, that's an ugly baby. Maybe I'll admit the babies need a little work in the films (case in point: Jack-Jack):

But in general the humans look quite good. How can you say no to this:
You didn't say wot wot.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #51 on: October 14, 2009, 02:46:02 PM »
I'll bet Mr. Wiggles wouldn't say no.

Oh wait she doesn't have oversized eyes, snow-white skin, a revealing outfit, or a shy demeanor, my bad.
every

« Reply #52 on: October 14, 2009, 03:38:09 PM »
Aww, did your girlfriend implement another hands-off policy today Glorb?

As for Pixar humans, they look fine the way they are and usually don't take center stage so I can see why they're far more exagerrated than the other creatures in those universes. To claim Pixar should avoit rendering human characters because you don't like the stylized designs is just stupid.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #53 on: October 15, 2009, 03:58:59 PM »
Okay, I confess. Not only did I skip the Incredibles, I also skipped Cars, Ratatooie (or however you spell it) and Wall-E. During that period, I didn't like how Pixar was looking (Cars looked like one of the dumbest movies I have ever seen a trailer for). I DID want to see Wall-E but at the time I didn't live near a movie theater and when we went on vacation in July, my mom and Grandparents wanted to see Kingdom of the Crystal Skull more.

Btw, I dislike A Bugs Life due to Heimlich being such a stupid character.
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

« Reply #54 on: October 15, 2009, 04:30:42 PM »
I dislike the Fungi Forums due to Tv_Themes being such a stupid member.

Do you see how it sounds?
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #55 on: October 15, 2009, 04:47:06 PM »
I dislike the internet because PaperLuigi fails to realize the genius of Tv_Theme's genius.
every

« Reply #56 on: October 15, 2009, 05:26:11 PM »
Cars was pretty mediocre, but it had its moments.

Ratatouille was excellent, one of my favorite Pixar films. It's quite underrated compared to the other ones though.

Wall-E is the definition of overrated. It's not terrible but it doesn't deserve to be placed on such a high pedestal.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #57 on: October 16, 2009, 04:33:56 PM »
Cars looked very unappealing to me for several (fairly complex) reasons, but I did see some of it on one occasion and I'd just like to say that vehicular versions of Arnold Schwarzenegger, Jay Leno, and a Japanese news anchor were some of the funniest things I've ever seen in a Disney-related movie.

Wall*E was good--"message"-wise, it basically struck me as Idiocracy for kids (however, there is this one line in the movie that I still remember as being pretty stupid/funny). Have yet to really see Ratatouille (but it seems like there's something wrong with having a phonetic translation as part of your film's logo).
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #58 on: October 16, 2009, 04:40:19 PM »
"'Message'--wise"?
« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 05:11:37 PM by Turtlekid1 »
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #59 on: October 16, 2009, 05:06:15 PM »
Well, I guess in terms of it being a Brave New World-ish extension of modern society. Perhaps "theme-wise" would've been a better phrase.

Oh, and I have no problem with Pixar humans.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Print