Print

Author Topic: That Whole "Metroid Prime (Trilogy) is the Citizen Kane of Videogames" Thing  (Read 14772 times)

« Reply #60 on: October 16, 2009, 06:04:41 PM »
Wall*E was good--"message"-wise, it basically struck me as Idiocracy for kids (however, there is this one line in the movie that I still remember as being pretty stupid/funny). Have yet to really see Ratatouille (but it seems like there's something wrong with having a phonetic translation as part of your film's logo).
What's the one line that's stupid/funny? Is it the phrase "Stay the course" considering Bush was still president at the time? Is it the idea of pizza trees?

I tried watching Idiocracy, but I wasn't a fan of its brand of humor (although maybe that was the point). I'm under the impression that the first 15 minutes (stupid people reproduce more, the future is a garbage dump, everybody owns a 200" TV with ads lining every side of the screen, the only show is one where a guy repeatedly gets hit in the groin) are all you need to know. For me it's a better film in concept than execution.

The phonetic translation as part of the logo was only for the movie posters. You don't see it on the DVD cover. They put it there because no American was going to know how to pronounce it (I've never heard of the food, a moot point as I'm not saavy on French culture anyway), just to prevent people asking to see "rat-ah-too-ill" or too-will or whatever. I wonder how many people said "rat chef movie" instead.
You didn't say wot wot.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #61 on: October 16, 2009, 09:40:09 PM »
The phonetic translation is on all the covers for the video games.
Also I thought Wall-E was good at being the furthest extension of the people being lazy on their couches mentality. And showing how those people are stupid.
That was a joke.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #62 on: October 17, 2009, 08:40:52 AM »
What's the one line that's stupid/funny? Is it the phrase "Stay the course" considering Bush was still president at the time? Is it the idea of pizza trees?
It's the part where the Axiom is tipping and there's a bunch of babies falling towards this fat man and woman and I think the woman hollered "GET READY TO HAVE KIDS!"
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #63 on: October 17, 2009, 10:37:02 AM »
I thought the whole movie was a lot funnier and more clever than people give it credit for.
every

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #64 on: October 20, 2009, 07:42:46 PM »
I'm sorry, but I just have to do this...

Not only did I skip the Incredibles, I also skipped Cars, Ratatooie (or however you spell it) and Wall-E.

"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #65 on: October 21, 2009, 11:35:04 AM »
I lost to Bob Parr.
You didn't say wot wot.

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #66 on: October 21, 2009, 12:17:50 PM »
I lost to Bob Barr.
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

« Reply #67 on: October 21, 2009, 12:23:04 PM »
You didn't say wot wot.

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #68 on: October 21, 2009, 12:58:28 PM »
I lost to Lord Rataxes
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

Print