Print

Author Topic: ?Fawful?  (Read 6391 times)

« on: January 07, 2010, 09:14:10 PM »
After playing the 3 Mario and Luigi games, what do you think of Fawful?
Numions

foxmccloudfan

• Guess who's banned!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2010, 10:23:57 PM »
you already know this, but never seen 'im
Guess who's back!!!

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2010, 12:35:46 AM »
To me, Fawful is the best villain ever!
Numions

kirbyfan98

• trollerrific
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2010, 12:41:04 AM »
hes okay i guess... no but he looks cool
(_8^(I)

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2010, 12:57:56 AM »

He has chortles!
Numions

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2010, 01:00:13 AM »
There
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 04:02:20 PM by YoshiFansean1 »
Numions

kirbyfan98

• trollerrific
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2010, 01:02:36 AM »
I had chortles once.  I'll never forget it.
(_8^(I)

foxmccloudfan

• Guess who's banned!!!
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2010, 01:10:08 AM »
somebody better reply to this before i burst into flame!
Guess who's back!!!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2010, 07:55:28 AM »
To be quite honest, Fawful is extremely annoying.  For me, the broken English didn't do anything to add to his "charm," or whatever (you want an awesome character with horrible English?  Try Dimitri of the Sly Cooper games.  He's greasy sweet).  I suppose he's really just rather mediocre, as far as I'm concerned.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2010, 09:26:43 AM »
Although I said he's awesome, I have to agree that he's really annoying.
Numions

foxmccloudfan

• Guess who's banned!!!
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2010, 10:24:49 AM »
eww... dimitri...
(i like rajan)
Guess who's back!!!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2010, 10:31:40 AM »
Fawful is weirdly funny, yet menacing. And his final stand in BiS (are you sure you wanted to show that to everybody, YoshiFansean1?) is hella scary.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2010, 12:03:24 PM »
You mean I shouldn't of shown that for spoilers or cause it's scary?
Numions

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2010, 12:43:31 PM »
No, of course it's not that scary--I just figured that final boss screenshots from relatively new games are a questionable thing to throw around.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2010, 01:25:33 PM »
Yeah, I was a little annoyed at that. And also at Zelda Informer for having a screenshot of what I think is the final boss of Spirit Tracks on their front page this morning. Although it might be from earlier in the game; I don't know because I sent my DS in for repair a few days after Christmas and it got back to my house just a few hours after I left for college, meaning I have to wait at least until Monday for it to get delivered over here from home, and therefore have not been able to play any DS games for almost two weeks now, which is particularly annoying since it got repaired so quickly, like always.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

foxmccloudfan

• Guess who's banned!!!
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2010, 01:40:59 PM »
ya...?
Guess who's back!!!

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2010, 02:49:07 PM »
This thread is weird. It's full of people I've never seen and it's creeping me out.
every

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2010, 03:08:15 PM »
If none of you want to see the last boss spoiler, I take it you disregarded the first thing I said.  "After" playing the 3 mario and luigi games, what do you think of Fawful?  Emphasis on "After"
Numions

« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2010, 03:25:44 PM »
YoshiFansean1, you shouldn't really throw around images of final bosses like that.  As a victim of spoilers, I can attest how frustrating it is to see something you didn't want to see yet.  At least post a link and warn that the link will lead to spoilers.

As for Fawful, needless to say I love that bean dude.  From his first speech, I fell in love with his unpredictable speech patterns and delicious eccentricity.  Which is ironic, because when I first read about him in the instruction manual I went, "Psh.  Just another useless bad guy sidekick."  But it turned out that unlike useless sidekicks who's incompetence leads the villain to ruin, if it wasn't for Fawful, Cackletta would have fallen much earlier in the game.

I will say, though, that I didn't find him quite as funny in Bowser's Inside Story.  Maybe he didn't have enough fury.  Or perhaps I was starting to get used to his bizarre speech.  But he still shined through and added more great quotes to his repertoire, further cementing him down as the most quotable character in video game history.  And I truly did feel sad at the end of the game when he exploded and apparently died.

« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2010, 03:58:54 PM »
There, happy?
Numions

foxmccloudfan

• Guess who's banned!!!
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2010, 04:03:41 PM »
its still there on my computer...
Guess who's back!!!

« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2010, 04:05:19 PM »
Now it's not.
Numions

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2010, 08:09:25 PM »
If none of you want to see the last boss spoiler, I take it you disregarded the first thing I said.  "After" playing the 3 mario and luigi games, what do you think of Fawful?  Emphasis on "After"
In that case, what would be the point of posting the picture? (yes, I know you've removed it. Not trying to give you a hard time).

Print