Print

Author Topic: 3D Dot Game Heroes  (Read 9597 times)

« on: March 25, 2010, 11:50:28 AM »
This really needs a thread, even though it's been mentioned a lot elsewhere.

Here's a brand new trailer.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2010, 03:25:26 PM »
Meh.
every

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2010, 06:10:57 PM »
Seconded. The forced depth of field thing kinda bothers me... a lot.
Formerly quite reasonable.

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2010, 06:22:42 PM »
Well, it looks quite promising to me. I do believe that this title is one exception to my gaming axiom.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2010, 09:07:19 PM »
Your gaming axiom is the biggest load of Bantha poodoo I've ever heard and shows extreme lack of gaming experience.

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2010, 09:37:39 PM »
Yeah, I know. I'm just aware of my relucatnce to expand my gaming repertoire.

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2010, 09:55:24 PM »
My gaming axiom: If it's not first-party, it probably sucks.

Capcom

No offense, but you are a retard.

That's weak writing.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2010, 10:11:01 PM »
No way, man; I hilariously instantly followed up a pleasantry with a jarring semi-offensive insult. It was a great sentence.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2010, 11:14:02 PM »
There are third parties that can stand up to the first parties, but there's a metric buttload of third parties that completely suck. The axiom is at least statistically justified. Certainly on any given Nintendo console, a random Nintendo-developed game is more likely to be good than a random game selected from the entire pool of non-Nintendo games.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2010, 11:32:54 PM »
Okay, looking how the axiom was actually phrased (and ignoring my brain's loud howls from my math degree background about an "axiom" containing the word probably) I would agree its true. But man. Playing nothing but first-party Nintendo games is like never eating anything but pizza. Pizza is totally awesome, but you will be severely lacking both nutritionally and spiritually.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2010, 02:12:59 AM »
It'd be even unhealthier with Sony and Microsoft. Especially when you have stuff like Atlus publishing Demon's Souls in the US because of Sony not wanting to do so for whatever reason.

Unless we're not counting first-party-published games developed by other companies as first-party games, which would render Sony and Microsoft basically useless for someone following Weegee's "axiom."

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2010, 07:41:08 AM »
I'm tentatively excited for this game.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2010, 01:44:24 PM »
No way, man; I hilariously instantly followed up a pleasantry with a jarring semi-offensive insult. It was a great sentence.

Jerking it over your own choice of words is very weak writing.
every

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2010, 02:08:22 PM »
I would rather hear a mediocre album from a music artist I like than an artsy, critically-praised album by some indie group I've never heard of. I'm aware that my gaming ax motto is a gross, oft-incorrect generalization, but I still stand by it for the reasons stated by CrossEyed.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2010, 02:23:27 PM »
I presume you'd also rather hear an album that you'd want to listen to more than once.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Print