Print

Author Topic: DSI shoulder, d-pad, and reading trouble... HELLLLAP!  (Read 3308 times)

cosmic_c

• EAGLES SCREAM!
« on: August 10, 2010, 08:14:45 PM »
ok, my L and R buttons won't work unless I slam them as hard as I can. I can get them to work for a good while if I blow in them, what's with that?

Randomly the up on the d-pad gets stuck. It does it when I start up the DSI. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't.

Finally, my DSI wouldn't read my old cards at first. Sometimes I had to insert them like, 4 times before they read. It will also freeze at random. sometimes it will read and I start up the game but will just fallow with a black screen saying an error has occurred.

I can work pass this but if anyone has any tricks they know to help these problems, please help.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2010, 09:06:08 PM »
Yeah, the lites do the shoulder buttons thing too. On the Lite I would sometimes pull them up as high as I can and apply alcohol with a q-tip, but I'd be careful doing that because it could be dangerous.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2010, 09:21:19 PM »
Hella P indeed.

I've had the shoulder button problem with every Nintendo handheld since the SP. If it's still under warranty (look up your serial number at support.nintendo.com), send it in and get it repaired, and hope that the shoulder buttons go out again within a year so it'll be under warranty again (they re-warrantize them when they fix them). If not, it might run you $60 or so, but it's still worth it.

Once it's fixed, do make sure you're keeping it clean and not putting sandwiches in it (like my older sisters did with our NES), and maybe consider not putting it in your pocket all the time (I think that might be the cause of the shoulder button problem).
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

cosmic_c

• EAGLES SCREAM!
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2010, 09:24:04 PM »
huh I do keep it in my pocket all the time. But I don't wanna get a full repair just quick fixes.
and the acohol thing might work better then blowing I'll try those thnx.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2010, 09:27:00 PM »
If it's under warranty, the repair is free, and will extend your warranty by a year. Shipping will probably be free, too. And it'll probably be fixed and back to you in a week or less.

I'm probably sounding like a Nintendo PR guy here, but they really do have great customer service, and there's really no reason not to take advantage of it if you're still under warranty.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2010, 09:31:01 PM »
Yeah, Warranty is definitely the better suggestion.

cosmic_c

• EAGLES SCREAM!
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2010, 09:36:45 PM »
I dont know if I am, I just like people sharing there quick fixes, and yes... NINTENDO HAZ BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER!!! they once replaced this little kid's entire burned collection for free when all he asked if there was a way if he could buy replacements for them. microsoft basically says well.... "screw you"

Print