Print

Author Topic: Games that irritates you because of long loading times  (Read 6005 times)

« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2010, 09:26:24 PM »
Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly was good too! But yeah, now that I recall, both of those games had super long load times. But they sure didn't bother me!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2010, 05:55:15 AM »
Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly was good too!
You must have played the GCN version.  I've heard that one was a little better all around, but there's no way anyone could think that about the PS2 version unless...

Of course!

You never played the good Spyro games, did you?

SSBB
It's even more accentuated with Brawl+, with which you're supposed to wait for the noise to stop at the character select screen before you start the match.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2010, 11:08:12 AM »
No, I played the PS2 version, and yes it was my first Spyro game.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2010, 01:22:18 PM »
The best thing about early Spyro was the soundtrack. Definitely the best musical thing Stewart Copeland was ever part of.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2010, 04:45:17 PM »
The best thing about early Spyro was the soundtrack. Definitely the best musical thing Stewart Copeland was ever part of.
I don't think there was a clear "best thing" about the Insomniac Spyro titles.  Of course, each one had its own flavor.  The first definitely had one of the most unique and magical atmospheres I've ever experienced in a game (this may be nostalgia talking), whereas the second lost the atmosphere but polished the gameplay and aesthetics.  The third had this incredibly heavy and bittersweet feeling of conclusion and resolution.  I still have yet to play/watch a concluding installment of any series with the same sense of finality.  Yeah, the music was good.  But so were the gameplay and level design and almost everything about the series.

[/mini-review]
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Print