Print

Author Topic: E3 2010  (Read 25159 times)

« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2010, 01:18:26 PM »
a new game with those obnoxious Rabbi--

In Paper Mario 3DS, it looks as though Mario will be able to befriend regular, nameless enemies.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2010, 01:21:05 PM »
I hope so. I'd love for Paper Mario to have a customizable party.

« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2010, 01:48:04 PM »

WHY ARE THEY SO [darn] TALL
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2010, 01:52:29 PM »

I wonder what kinds of things you can sellllllect.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2010, 02:03:43 PM »

From what I've gathered, this will be a remake of KH1 with playable Riku and Nobodies.  Not that anyone but me cares.

EDIT: New Other M gameplay footage?  Anyway, using the Super Metroid intro theme without actually using the full theme like they do - just doing the background instead of the full fanfare - is disgraceful and I wish they'd stop.  First it happened in Metroid Prime during the intro cutscene, then every time you entered the cockpit in Corruption and now the trailer.  Where's that epic, victorious sounding horn section?  Also, and more to the point, earlier trailers (which gave us more/better glimpses into Samus' voice actor and the story in general) seemed better to me.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 02:13:45 PM by Turtlekid1 »
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2010, 02:07:27 PM »
Is Nintendo giving the 3D treatment to Zelda:OoT? 

Edit: This image along with others is from Nintendo: http://e3.nintendo.com/images/ctr/othergames/zelda/4.png , but it's not listed in the titles on the page: http://e3.nintendo.com/3ds/
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 02:09:50 PM by Luigison »
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2010, 02:17:03 PM »
Yes, it's been confirmed to be OOT.

Sorry Sony, you lose.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2010, 02:23:56 PM »
holy
That was a joke.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2010, 02:24:26 PM »
Jesus, the 3DS looks insaaaaane. Kid Icarus: Peener Boner and that one Splinter Cell screen with the old-style rifle and outfit has my hopes at an all-time high.
every

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2010, 02:26:15 PM »
I didn't see anything on the PSP to be worth the price of the system for me, but saw a lot of stuff about 3DS that makes it a day one for me.  On the other hand I've seen several PS3 games (so far) I'll get such as Heroes on the Move (Ratchet, Clank, Jak, Sly Cooper, & Daxter), Little Big Planet 2, and a few others I'm considering.  
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2010, 02:32:50 PM »
Looks like someone on IGN went insane right now and their top stories are amazing things like "tagging test for video - video: 12 hrs, 47 mins ago - this is a test" and "this - video: 12 hrs, 47 mins ago -  test this"
That was a joke.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2010, 02:36:46 PM »
Portal 2 surprise on Sony conference now...

Edit:  w/ Steam.

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2010, 02:43:07 PM »
I bet the Sly Collection on PS3 (WITH 3D) and Heroes on the Move (WITH MOVE!!!!!) got Turtle all excited.

Me, anti-hyped.

Sony's conference was pretty...not good. It had Twisted Metal which looks awesome, but on the other hand...

Marcus.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 03:04:38 PM by Captain Jim »
No! I don't want that!

« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2010, 03:57:09 PM »
No way. Marcus won my heart when he said his favorite snack was the steady stream of suckers he eats in multiplayer.

Now that I've seen all the conferences fully, I will present the following LD awards:

Tech That Looks Awesome: 3DS

Tech That Looks Like A Pointless Annoyance: Kinect / Move (tie)

People Making Cool Games For Them Anyway: Tetsuya Mizuguchi / Harmonix (tie)

Why Is Everyone So Excited, The People Who Made These Franchises Great Have NOTHING To Do With These New Ones: 1st) GoldenEye   Runner-up) Donkey Kong Country (at least Retro is trustworthy)

The Person Who Made The Franchise Great DOES Have Something To Do With The New One: Twisted Metal

Best Dialogue: Bulletstorm

Where Are You: The Last Guardian

I Want To See A Miyamoto Version Of This Comic Tomorrow: An Inside Job

Coolest Graphics: Kirby's Epic Yarn

Nostradamus Award:
<Lizard_Dude> "Epic Mickey" is the real name?
<Deezer> lolz Reggie said "Epic Disney"
<Deezer> blue shirt guy sucks at platforming
<Lizard_Dude> ooooh shi-
<Deezer> EPIC KIRBY
<Deezer> lol I was pretty close with that title
<Lizard_Dude> I thought your stream was ahead or something

Best Five Minutes of E3: Kevin Butler's appearance
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 04:02:05 PM by Lizard Dude »

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2010, 03:57:25 PM »
Youtube video that you can see some of the 3DS effect:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYnyBxVhK_c  Also, Pikmin!  These are just tech demos, but still...

Edit:  The link wasn't automatically clickable so I put the bbcode in for it.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 04:13:13 PM by Luigison »

Print