Print

Author Topic: Animal Crossing 3DS  (Read 3157 times)

Luigison

• Old Person™
« on: June 16, 2010, 05:32:35 AM »
Animal Crossing
• The world of Animal Crossing comes to life on the Nintendo 3DS system, complete with new game play and a new graphical look that, together with 3D visuals, breathe new life into the already living, breathing world of Animal Crossing.
• In Animal Crossing, players move out on their own to live a life of ease in a village of walking, talking animals. But this time around, unexpected circumstances suddenly put the player in the role of Mayor in a town they’ve only just arrived in. With the help of the many unique townsfolk and one eager secretary, players will enjoy making their new town a better place for all to live in.
• Animal Crossing will also take advantage of the enhanced wireless functionality of the Nintendo 3DS system.

“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2010, 07:44:15 AM »
I so don't want to want this. I haven't liked any Animal Crossing game since the first one, but I've still gotten them all.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2010, 10:59:59 AM »
Wait, so you get to be mayor? Well, whatever the case, it's going to take a heck of a lot more gimmicks than taller characters to make me care about this one.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2010, 02:43:57 PM »
As long as the grass doesn't wear away with every step (like in City Folk), I'm ok with this one.

The taller looking characters are kinda creeping me out, though.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2010, 03:08:18 PM »
Just thinking aloud: Is there any other game series that has been released with so few changes so many times?

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2010, 03:15:25 PM »
The characters are hideous, and I doubt that being mayor will make any discernible difference in gameplay. Do not want.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2010, 03:17:57 PM »
I don't have a problem with character renders so much as I do with them releasing what amounts to basically the same game four times. But, as with almost everything else we're seeing for the 3DS lineup, we're going to have to go through a lot of Wii-esque "HOLY [dukar] LET'S REDO EVERY AWESOME GAME EVER BUT WITH [gimmick]" before the original stuff can shine.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2010, 05:19:18 PM »
Just thinking aloud: Is there any other game series that has been released with so few changes so many times?
The obvious answer is Pokemon, but upon closer examination, there's been far more changes in the five Pokemon games over the last 15 years than the five Animal Crossing games in the last 10. Wild World was just Population Growing with hair and hats added and NES games and decent framerate removed, City Folk was just Wild World with all the new stuff moved to a different place and with the ability to have different patterns on the front, back, and sleeves of your shirt. And I don't know how much difference there was between AF and AF+, but AF+ was pretty much ported directly to the GCN. This looks like it might have pants customization finally, and with the action on the top screen, the bottom screen might always be the inventory screen like it really should have been in Wild World. The mayor thing does leave some hope for some real changes, but even then, I probably won't want it (though I'll probably end up buying it anyway).

The only change I really want is major streamlining. Everything takes way too long to do in City Folk. I'd also like it if I could just import my original GCN town and just play on that. I think it just made such a big impact on me eight years ago, when I was twelve, that every other town I've ever played just feels like a cheap imitation of it. Also because it was a three-level town, which apparently was kind of rare? I don't know, I think I heard that.

Let me bring in my good old Acorn, and then just put in a bridge over the river in that one acre on the middle level (Tortimer came and offered to build a bridge twice, and both times it was like five feet away from a bridge that was already there. I said yes because I wasn't sure if he'd offer again if I said no, and just assumed he'd keep coming back and building more bridges forever until he eventually got one in the right place, but clearly that is not the case now), make me the mayor of that town (without a whole bunch more micromanagement getting added in), give everyone some new dialog while also keeping all the old dialog, and put that on the 3DS maybe with Wii-level graphics but more importantly at 60 FPS, with the inventory screen always on the bottom screen, with tools not taking up slots in the inventory and with not having to put away my fishing pole when I talk to someone and pull it back out when they're done (I can talk to them when they have their fishing poles out, seriously), and I'd be happy. Also make the weeds not be so obnoxious, or add a lawnmower. And stop making me water flowers.

Bringing back the NES games would be nice too, but we all know that's never happening again, as great a feature as it would be to be able to access your VC purchases from there after tying your accounts together on Club Nintendo (I mean, seriously, how hard would that be? Not very.).
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2010, 12:05:49 PM »
3DS vs DS comparison:

3DS

DS

Comparison

Source:  http://ds.ign.com/articles/109/1099732p1.html
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2010, 04:13:50 PM »
Here's a thought: will Toad from Wild World be able to visit Toad from.. AC3D? Will AC3D be able to visit WW?
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2010, 04:29:41 PM »
You'll probably only be able to transfer your data, like you could from WW to CF.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Print