Print

Author Topic: Things in need of Pokéfication  (Read 15794 times)

« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2011, 05:31:58 PM »
Eh, he's not that ugly. He's not the cutest thing in the world, but he's not hideous.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2011, 05:59:02 PM »

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2011, 06:01:48 PM »
Since I didn't play much D/P/Pt and didn't really spend a lot of time searching for 'mons when I did I don't really have that much of a grudge on Bidoof. He wasn't even that useless in the part of PMD2 where you have to take him with you, nope nope

But Bibarel is just whack, what a waste of a beaver. Beavers are awesome and they so blew it

Dewott's got a beaver's tail despite being an amazing otter samurai, though, so Game Freak is forgiven
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2011, 06:40:08 PM »
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2011, 07:43:30 PM »
-The world's largest rodent, the capybara. Even if it was [dukar]-tier Route 1 trash like Ratatta or COMPLETE AND UTTER CODSWALLOP WHOSE MOTHER IS A WHORE like Bidoof, I'd want one.
Pre-Evolution "Capybrawl(a)/Capysmall(a)" may or may not be drawn later.

« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2011, 07:55:49 PM »
Don't you love it when Kuro pulls through even though nobody asked him to?

« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2011, 08:42:11 PM »
Yes. He should totally design more Pokemon.

Or at least do more awesome drawings. :)
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2011, 05:08:58 PM »
I want to see a dragonfly pokemon with a Bug/Dragon typing.

I'm trying to think of creatures not yet mentioned in this thread.  Ummmmmm.... Gryphon, House Fly, Bearded Lizard, Cardinal
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2011, 06:49:00 PM »
How about a fat Orangutan?
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2011, 07:43:11 PM »
It's not worth much for saying now but I was really hoping Tepig would at least become Fire/Electric. Its tail could have become a Tesla coil and it would've been cooler than another firefighter

I drew this about a year ago, you know what it is
It's YOUR problem!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2011, 10:52:14 PM »
This reminds me of when I collected Beanie Babies as a kid, and drew up a list of all the animals I could think of that hadn't been made into one yet. I suppose that says something about Pokemon in more ways than one...

Anyway, cool thread. Let's see...

--That one virus that looks kind of like a spider-robot. I saw there was a microbe Pokemon in B/W (shades of Bowser's Inside Story for me), so why not?
--An actual starfish Pokemon. Am I the only one who thinks that, even by the current generation's standards, Staryu/Mie is really weird? It doesn't have a face, and it's... made out of precious gems, or something.
--On that note, a sand dollar Pokemon. It could be a Magikarp-type thing and evolve into... er, a mussel? A Eggecute-esque barnacle Pokemon? Hey, I live in the Pacific Northwest--cut me some slack.

I have other ideas, but some of them are ones I'm actually planning on implementing into a very heavily Pokemon-influenced book at some point, so I'd just as soon they weren't Pokefied. To be honest, I'd prefer it if there were more Pokemon that were at least superficially "original", or at least based on Japanese stuff that I'd have to look up and educate myself with. No more of this "change its color and one letter of its name" crap.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2011, 11:50:41 PM »
A bacteriophage would make a neat, if terrifying, Pokémon. What type would that be, do you think, Poison/Steel?

There needs to be a grass-type based on a snapdragon. Snapdragons are the most kickass flowers.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2011, 12:06:24 AM »
There needs to be a grass-type based on a snapdragon. Snapdragons are the most kickass flowers.

All in favour of a marijuana Pokemon?

I want to see a dragonfly pokemon with a Bug/Dragon typing.

That type combination would have been perfect for Flygon.

I've always thought that Yoshi, as a species, could work well as a "cameo" Pokemon. Green Yoshis would be pure Dragon-type (yes I am aware that Yoshi is a dinosaur and not a dragon but whatever), while other colours of Yoshi would be dual-type (Red = Dragon/Fire, Blue = Dragon/Flying, Yellow = Dragon/Ground) with matching movesets. They could be given Shells which boost the strength of moves corresponding to their colour. Black and white Yoshis would be version-exclusives.

« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2011, 12:22:13 AM »
Ankylodon and Triceratops fossil Pokémon. Rock/Dragon, one has higher Atk, one has higher Def.

Edit: Better yet, make the Triceratops an Electric/Rock with higher Sp.Atk, Ankylo Rock/Fighting with higher Atk.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 01:39:26 AM by CoconutMikeNIke »
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2012, 12:58:14 AM »

Dunno if it's dangerous enough
It's YOUR problem!

Print