Poll

Which 4-Player Mini-Game from Mario Party 1 is your favorite?

Balloon Burst
0 (0%)
Bombs Away
0 (0%)
Box Mt. Mayhem
0 (0%)
Bumper Balls
3 (33.3%)
Buried Treasure
0 (0%)
Cast Aways
0 (0%)
Coin Block Blitz
1 (11.1%)
Crazy Cutter
0 (0%)
Face Lift
0 (0%)
Grab Bag
0 (0%)
Hammer Drop
0 (0%)
Hot Bob-Omb
0 (0%)
Hot Rope Jump
0 (0%)
Key-Pa-Way
0 (0%)
Mario Bandstand
1 (11.1%)
Mushroom Mix-Up
0 (0%)
Musical Mushroom
0 (0%)
Platform Peril
1 (11.1%)
Running of the Bulb
1 (11.1%)
Shy Guy Says
0 (0%)
Skateboard Scamper
0 (0%)
Slot Car Derby
1 (11.1%)
Tipsy Tourney
1 (11.1%)
Treasure Divers
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Print

Author Topic: Mario Party Favorites: MP1 4-Player Games  (Read 4808 times)

The Chef

• Super
« on: March 10, 2012, 04:35:17 PM »
Alright folks. Mario Party 9 is all upons. So I decided I would take a look back at all the previous Mario Parties and ask the nice people of the Fungi Forums their favorite mini-games from each game in the series. I'll start with the 4-player games, move through each game (1-8 and DS) and then move onto the other categories such as 2-vs.-2 and 1-vs.3. Once the poll sorta dies down I'll open up the next one. So go forth and vote my lovelies.

Note:
The following mini-games re-appeared in Mario Party 2 with expanded or altered rules...

Bombs Away - Adds Bullet Bills into the mix along with one final Bowser missile.
Bumper Balls - Has three different arenas, including a slippery ice stage.
Mushroom Mix-Up - Renamed "Hexagon Heat".
Hot Rope Jump - Due to the "losers pay winners" rule being removed, the game lasts until all but one player are eliminated.
Platform Peril - Introduced a number of new types of platforms.
Shy Guy Says - Has a different background and a visual timer in the form of Lakitu.
Skateboard Scamper - Takes place in a haunted house with moving floors.
Slot Car Derby - Controls are less finicky and there are three new courses.
Tipsy Tourney - The only difference is the picture you uncover.
Balloon Burst - Repurposed as a 2-vs.-2 mini-game.
Mario Bandstand - Renamed "Toad Bandstand" and repurposed as a 2-vs.-2 mini-game.
Crazy Cutter - Repurposed as a Battle mini-game and features three new pictures to cut out.
Face Lift - Repurposed as a Battle mini-game and features the faces of the six player characters instead of just Bowser.
Grab Bag - Repurposed as a Battle mini-game where the goal is to collect the most Mushrooms instead of stealing the other players' coins.
Hot Bob-Omb - Repurposed as a Battle mini-game with a similar rule adjustment to Hot Rope Jump.

« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 01:13:15 PM by The Chef »

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 05:01:39 PM »
...move through each game (1-8 and DS)

What about Advance?
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 07:05:51 PM »
That's kind of a special case since the most (I think all) of the mini-games therein are 1-player.

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2012, 08:14:42 PM »
Oh yeeeeah..

Also, about the poll: It's hard to narrow it down to one minigame. Maybe at least 3? (I voted for one of my favorites anyway..)
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2012, 11:29:47 PM »
Bumper Balls.  BUMPER BALLS FOREVER
Haters gonna hate

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2012, 11:40:29 PM »
Running of the Bulb by far. I always wanted them to remake that minigame in a future Mario Party.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2012, 12:30:58 PM »
Bumper Balls!
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 01:18:16 PM by Deezer »

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2012, 01:01:58 PM »
I forgot to point out earlier: If a game from MP1 made a re-appearance in MP2, you may judge it based on how it appears there. This is because I'm leaving the returning mini-games out on the MP2 poll to avoid redundancy.

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2012, 11:07:23 AM »
As much as I liked Mario Bandstand, I have to give the nod to Bumper Balls. There's nothing more tense than having a lack of momentum and someone else barreling toward you while you're teetering on the edge.
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2012, 01:39:56 PM »
I like your list of games that reappear in MP2, Chef.

It should also be noted that Toad Bandstand has two different songs that can be played.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2012, 05:19:13 PM »
Mario Bandstand also had two (or maybe three?) different songs, so I didn't think it was that notable.

EDIT: I'm actually just considering scrapping the whole poll idea and asking what everybody's favorites are in one fell swoop. This sound better?

Print