Print

Author Topic: X-Box controller redesigned...  (Read 2391 times)

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« on: May 09, 2002, 09:50:54 AM »
In case you haven't known, Microsoft has redesigned the X-Box controller to be smaller and lighter than the original big bulky one.

The new controller is called "Controller S".

Here's what's changed in the new design:
-> "Controller S" is now lighter and smaller than the original.
-> Smaller, round-shaped A-,B-,X-,Y-Buttons.
-> Start, Select buttons located next to Analog Stick, rather in the center of controller.
-> Directional Pad (also known as "D-Pad") is shaped more like the D-Pads found on Nintendo's controllers.
-> Black and White buttons are now located BELOW the main buttons, instead of above them.
-> Both Analog Sticks are shaped slightly different, and are indented slightly to fit thumbs.
I am glad Microsoft decided to change the X-Box controller design, because many people (including me) were complaining about the bulkyness (is that a word?) and crooked buttons found on the old controller...

GO TO: planetxbox.com for more info.

Edited by - Mario Maniac on 5/9/2002 8:53:17 AM
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2002, 07:55:14 PM »
Wow, they changed the design! AMAZING!!!!!!

Not.

I''m the leader of the Koopa Bros.We''re hip and cool and uh... we like bacon
I''m the leader of the Koopa Bros.We''re hip and cool and uh... we like bacon

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2002, 11:24:08 PM »
Typical Microsoft. They can't get anything right the first time, so they have to release revisions, and the users shell out more $$$. I doubt it's unintended.

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2002, 12:30:03 AM »
It's not redesigned. It's the same one they had from the beginning in Japan, and they just brought it to America because the American controller is too big.

And this relates to Mario how?

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2002, 08:20:04 PM »
'Cuz we all like insulting Mario's opposition.
Yeah! Us Yoshis are the best! We eat and eat and help Mario and eat and lose our kids...and...other stuff.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2002, 08:50:06 PM »
Yes, though you gotta admit that insulting the old XBox controller design was rather fun... HAHAHAHA

Things you can use your old XBox controller for now they redesigned it:

Paperweight
Doorstop
Weapon (And it would hurt too)
Free weight
Food for your gerbil
Something to hit with a hammer when you get mad
Battery charger (If you rig it right)
Teething object for babies
Really big Christmas ornament

That's all I can think of for now... ;)

*My real signature went on strike, said something about "unfair working conditions". So, this is a temporary replacement sig, until I can work things out with the real sig.
~I.S.~

Print