Print

Author Topic: Will Nintendo ever go back to arcades?  (Read 1843 times)

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« on: May 15, 2002, 07:27:16 AM »
With the new Triforce arcade board made by Sega, Namco, and Nintendo...I was wondering if there is a chance of Nintendo returning to arcade gaming.

Sega and Namco have been making arcade games ever since they were created! So why did Nintendo suddenly stop making arcade games when the Super Nintendo came out?

Imagine, Super Smash Bros. Melee for the arcades...or even Star Fox for the arcades...or even Super Mario Kart for the arcades... The possibilities are endless!
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2002, 08:07:28 AM »
Simple they get more money from games that run on systems,and it probly cost a lot of money to make gamecube games on arcade isn't it. Suppose they failed and then  Nintendo lost all that money.....

Mario and Yoshi rule!
http://www.geocities.com/chauncey7175/Yoshies_Super_Island.html is a great Place for Yoshi! Ps.Visit the message board! note:Im also Ludwig Von Koopa as well as SuperYoshi7175. Ps.again Ok Join the Mario Clan the only clan totally devoted to Mario!
Should I put something here?

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2002, 01:47:59 PM »
Not everyone lives right near an arcade. I'd rather be able to play the game in the comfort of my own home than to have to go out and dish out quarter after quarter just to play it on some big arcade machine that would be filled all the time anyways, since everybody loves those Nintendo arcade games.

Born To Play:

"What if everything you see is more than what you see– the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn''t? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps it really is a doorway, and if you choose to go inside, you''''ll find many unexpected things."

-Shigeru Miyamoto
Kickin' it since 2000.

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2002, 02:32:30 PM »
Yes it would be expensive I hope they don't now if they had games before they released fpr trial play like Super Mario Sunshine then it would be a good idea scnce they won't I hope they don't do that they will loose money almost gaurnteed...

Mario and Yoshi rule!
http://www.geocities.com/chauncey7175/Yoshies_Super_Island.html is a great Place for Yoshi! Ps.Visit the message board! note:Im also Ludwig Von Koopa as well as SuperYoshi7175. Ps.again Ok Join the Mario Clan the only clan totally devoted to Mario!
Should I put something here?

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2002, 06:46:54 AM »
All the arcades around me have got rid of their video games - they now mostly have just fruit machines. This is because they make more money - and video games don't, in arcades, any more.

Cheers,

Matt

Mountain Dew or Crab Juice? Oh, I can''t take it any more!
You got a toilet in there? "No, toilet in tower. Tower!"
Cheers,

Matt

Mountain Dew or Crab Juice? Oh, I can''t take it any more!
You got a toilet in there? "No, toilet in tower. Tower!"

Print