Print

Author Topic: Is the PS2 dying?  (Read 14397 times)

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« on: August 04, 2002, 02:22:16 PM »
I have been noticing more 3rd-party developers [Sega, Namco, Activision] are supporting the GameCube and Xbox, and leaving the PS2 to fend for itself.

For instance, Sega is developing many of it's top franchises for the Xbox and GameCube. Xbox has the exclusive rights to both Jet Grind Radio Future and Crazy Taxi 3, while GameCube is having exclusive rights to Super Monkey Ball 2 and a new Sonic the Hedgehog collection. [I learned about the new Sonic collection at Nintendojo.com].

Activision is making amy of their new games for Xbox, and Namco is publishing exclusive games for Gamecube.

Also, add the fact that Namco is publishing a new arcade StarFox game, and Sega is publishing the F-ZERO series to both arcades and GameCube...it seems very likely that Sony will have a tough time trying to gain back their fans who will be happily playing Super Mario Sunshine on GameCube, and Crazy Taxi 3 on Xbox.

Another interesting point:
Since the PS2 is a rather difficult system to program for, many companies are finding that the GameCube and Xbox are easier to develop for. It is for that reason Xbox and GameCube are recieving more support.

Although Sony does have plans for a network modem very soon, it probably won't be enough to bring back their dominance to the console industry.

If the PlayStation era does come to an end, then I will be very glad to purchase a bright new GameCube, and continue my disliking towards the Xbox.
---

Edited by - Mario Maniac on 8/4/2002 1:26:09 PM
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2002, 05:39:13 PM »
There's a rumor that X-Box will lose all Japanesse support.

PS2's getting a hard drive! ^_^

PlayStation2 WILL make a comeback! It's getting FFXI, Broadband, Narrowband, Timesplitters 2, Tony Hawk 4...

Mario, Mario, Mario! What happened to Mr. Andretti?

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2002, 06:46:33 PM »
Naturally, nintendo's the big dog on the far east

It''s-a me, Mario !
It''s-a me, Mario !

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2002, 10:46:15 PM »
I sure hope PS2 dies. I despise it. And xBOx.

I decided to go hire a signature... but he charged too much, so I fired him. Yeah, him.
That was a joke.

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2002, 09:53:57 AM »
I do too, but at www.planetnintendo.com, it says that PS2 is doing better than GBA and GCN. But X-Box is doing the worst out of the three. Heh heh heh. Stupid Bill Gates.

King Boo isn't dead! He will return...

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2002, 10:25:31 AM »
 Like I always said Microsoft should of stuck with computers.

Muahahahahahahahahah!
 Muahahahahahahahahah!

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2002, 12:28:06 PM »
Why do you all hate Ps2? It's a brilliant system. It currently is the best of the big 3, has the best games, and a bright future. Don't get me wrong, I like Nintendo the most, but just because I like one company, doesn't mean I can't like a currently more suprior company.
But on August 26th Gamecube will be better. Period.

Pretty funny, eh Mikey? -Legion, Shadowman

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2002, 12:54:43 PM »
Even the X-Box is better

It''s-a me, Mario !
It''s-a me, Mario !

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2002, 03:28:47 PM »
yeah but the x-box has a micro-chip that always gets fried.

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2002, 11:31:37 PM »
Here are the recent console sales:

PS2 - 30,000,000

GCN - 8,000,000

XBox - 7,000,000

PS2 won't lose since developers likes money. If you haven't noticed, Microsoft is bribing a lot of companies to stay with them, and most of GCN's exclusive games are enhanced ports.

PS2 has the vast majority of games, even if 80% of them go unnoticed.

"What if everything you see is more than what you see - the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn''t? You either dismiss it or accept that there is much more to the world than you think."

- Shigeru Miyamoto

- Mario

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2002, 11:34:04 PM »
<I>But on August 26th Gamecube will be better. Period.</I>

You mean August 28th. 26th is the shipping date.

Just look at the bottom of the end of the Mario Sunshine commercial.

"What if everything you see is more than what you see - the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn''t? You either dismiss it or accept that there is much more to the world than you think."

- Shigeru Miyamoto

- Mario

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2002, 05:57:21 AM »
Well I'm a Brit, so it doesn't bother me either way. October 4th all the way! Yahoo! It's-ah-me, PAL-a-version!

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2002, 11:06:09 AM »
Actually, I think the Dreamcast outperformed PS2. Yay! ^o^

I'm a proud owner of Dreamcast, and soon-to be GameCube!

An extremly rare and valuable Yoshi!
"Who want''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''s to buy a gold Yoshi? Selling Price, $99,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999!" (almost 10 Googols!)

~After a long time, I finally decided to fix the stretched out screen.  ~Sapph

Edited by - Sapphira on 8/22/2003 2:43:02 PM
(This is GoldenYoshi)
"How much does the $1.99 Popcorn Chicken cost?" ~ Classic Stupidity.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2002, 04:31:40 PM »
Okay, I knew sooner or later this could start a flame war (If you could call it that...).

I also have a Dreamcast, but I must say it does not outperform the PS2. PS2 is much more powerful and has a larger installed fanbase than SEGA. Why else do you think the Dreamcast died? It was all Sony's fault!

Oh well, I could care less about the Dreamcast now. Who needs it when we now have the more superior GameCube and PS2 to play?

Rumors of X-Box's death may soon become true if Microsoft tries to bribe other companies into developing for the system...

Yes, PS2 will make a comeback once they get their Internet strategies figured out soon. Plus with the long-anticipated Final Fantasy PS2 game, I can predict that PS2 will do pretty good this Christmas season!

The number-one anticipated GameCube game of the year: Super Mario Sunshine, will boost GameCube sales so much that not even Microsoft can do anything about it! HA! Finally, Nintendo makes a great comeback and Mario returns to glorious 3D!

All in all, I have the most faith for Nintendo and Sony, since both companies have better reputations that crappy Microsoft. Plus, Microsoft has no idea what they are doing with the X-Box. I mean, X-Box Live...come on! PS2's online service will kick the sh*t out of X-Box's online future!

Microsoft has no idea what videogaming is about! All they think of it is graphics and powerful processors. Sure those things can boost the gameplay experience, but what a real game needs is FUN! And none of the X-Box games made by Microsoft are fun... Boo, Microsoft!

Nintendo GameCube and PlayStation 2 rule!
---

If I could, I'd buy all of the videogames made by Nintendo and Sony!
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2002, 01:14:35 PM »
Yes, I'm getting a GameCube when Mario Sunshine comes out, and then I'll agree with you.

I was SO lucky! At my local FunCoLand, I got to actually play SMS! Not some video, but the real thing! It was so cool! I'm verrrrry impressed. I can't wait to buy it! 8)

An extremly rare and valuable Yoshi!
"Who want''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''s to buy a gold Yoshi? Selling Price, $99,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999!" (almost 10 Googols!)

~Once again fixing the screen...  ~Sapph

Edited by - Sapphira on 8/22/2003 2:44:57 PM
(This is GoldenYoshi)
"How much does the $1.99 Popcorn Chicken cost?" ~ Classic Stupidity.

Print