Print

Author Topic: ...PS2? ...Xbox? ...GameCube? Which one should I buy?  (Read 12658 times)

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« on: September 10, 2002, 06:18:12 AM »
I am having such a hard time deciding which new system to buy for my birthday (December 18). I would love to have a GameCube because it is pure Nintendo magic (plus Super Mario Sunshine is an AWESOME game). On the other hand, Xbox looks promising because it is already getting a rather large fanbase that had been rather mute at the time of the system's launch - November of 2001. Also the fact that it is the most powerful console ever created, and Microsoft has huge potential for it's future success.

PS2...it came, it shook the gaming world, now it needs to go. PS2 is a piece of garbage compared to GameCube and Xbox. Both the PSOne and PlayStation2 systems were built with extremely outdated technology -  in both proccessing power and graphics capabilities. Can't Sony see that the power of the PS2 is diminishing? They've even gone the extra step to add an Ethernet/modem adapter, which obviously will not tap into the world of online gaming the way Microsoft's Xbox Live will. Xbox Live is already recieving lots of support from third party companies who are developing exclusive games for the online service (Sega NFL 2K3, for instance) - Microsoft has claimed that over 50 games are being developed for the service as of this holiday season, and a total of over 200 games will be released for the Xbox by this holiday season... that is a huge advantage for Microsoft, and may even thrust them into second place along with Nintendo.

Nintendo's GameCube has already proven to be a success and a worthy competitor in the videogame market. It's really the games made by Nintendo themselves that are bringing out the glory of Nintendo's newest console. With the release of Super Mario Sunshine just last week, Nintendo is really showing what their next-generation system is capable of in terms of bringing out the best in games. With the impending releases of StarFox Adventures, Animal Crossing, and Metroid Prime on the way, the future for Nintendo's newest console just seems to be getting better! And once The Legend of Zelda is released...one can only imagine the sheer chaos that will erupt when millions of Nintendo fanboys (like us) cram the stores across America and Japan, eager to get their grimy hands on Shigeru Miyamoto's latest masterpiece...

Well, I guess I answered my own question. If you have any disputing/agreeing opinions, please post them here...

---

Nintendo is like a religion to me, and Shigeru Miyamoto is the God of it.

A world without Nintendo is a world without videogames.

Congratulation''s Nintendo, for over 25 years of videogame excellence!
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2002, 02:06:02 PM »
Uh?
Dude, your names Mario Maniac!
I think you've just answered your own question on which console to buy!

www.songbirdocarina.com

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2002, 04:07:38 PM »
"PS2...it came, it shook the gaming world, now it needs to go. PS2 is a piece of garbage compared to GameCube and Xbox. Both the PSOne and PlayStation2 systems were built with extremely outdated technology - in both proccessing power and graphics capabilities."

I take that as an insult, as I own a PS2.

Mario, Mario, Mario! What happened to Mr. Andretti?

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2002, 07:11:02 PM »
well i dont think PS2 is crap but i do think the cube is better, but PS2 is certainly second on my list!
"Tetris: the movie"
Yeah, I can see that. A guy throwing bricks out of a window for 2 hours.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2002, 10:47:33 PM »
MadMario, it doesn't really matter if you take it as an insult, the PS2 is garbage anyway.
Mario Maniac: Buy the one that comes first in alphabetical order! :-D
I don't really care for XBox, one, because they want all the business, similar to Sony's strategy, and two, it's not as good as GameCube, for multiple reasons.
But have you heard the sheer insolence of Sony's next campaign? They say their stupid "PS3" is going to be 1000 times more powerful than any current system. That's impossible! 1000 times more powerful than the ENIAC, maybe... but all they can make next is a 256-bit system! Unless they plan on making a 128,000-bit system... in that case it would come out around the year 2158, at the earliest...
Nintendo all the way!

"Tonight, I`ll make an old family recipe. Pickled dandelions with barnacles in a diesel marinade!" - Prof. E. Gadd
That was a joke.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2002, 07:05:25 AM »

Edited by - Mario Maniac on 9/11/2002 6:47:36 AM
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2002, 07:08:30 AM »
There will not be a PS3. Sony is planning on making an adapter that will boost the PS2's proccessing speed and graphics up to the standards of GameCube technology.

The PS2 modem adapter is here! Microsoft's Xbox has a better advantage in online gaming because the system has all the online components built right in! For the PS2, you need to buy a seperate adapter just to play online games - a waste of money if you ask me!

I have never liked PS2 anyway because it is too overrated and the system seems very cheap and poorly made.

Xbox seems good because I like the controller (along with the Gamecube controller - that's very good too) MUCH better than PS2's stupid Dual Shock - the buttons on the Dual Shock are cheap and they break easily, much like the PlayStation2 system itself! The only games I played on Xbox so far were Halo and Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 - both of which were decent games.

Speaking of Xbox games...
Microsoft is making a Mario 64 style game called Binx the Timesweeper. The coolest feature about this game is that you get to control time, which greatly effects the gameplay - this I believe is considered the greatest innovation in videogames since 3D gaming! And guess what, the main character Blinx uses a vaccum similar to the one Luigi used in Luigi's Mansion! Microsoft IS copying Nintendo after all!

I have good hopes for the Xbox, and I hope it will lead away the all the PS2 hype that is currently circulating around. Xbox AND GameCube will be the consoles I buy this holiday season...
---

By the way, PS2's proccessor is outdated (and sloooooooow) compared to GameCube and Xbox. That's why Sony is planning on making the upgrade adapter for it.

Edited by - Mario Maniac on 9/11/2002 7:04:45 AM

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2002, 07:12:01 AM »
By the way, why do you guys have a grudge against the Xbox anyway? It is a good system with very good potential. Microsoft is spending over $500 MILLION on promoting the system, that's enough proof that the system is worth the purchase of $200 - that and the proccessing power simply blows the doors of PS2 hardware!
---

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2002, 03:26:03 PM »
Gates blew 500 million, thats why it sucks!
Bill Gates wasted his m0ney~$

The X-box controller doubles as an anchor for seaworthy vehicles!

www.songbirdocarina.com

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2002, 03:32:20 PM »
Well, in my ever-so-humble opinion, I'd go with the gamecube, only because the line up of games coming out is good enough to make ANY hardcore nintendo fan cream themselves. I mean, PS2 is just.. well.. old. XBOX, well, I do think that Munch's Oddysee is an amazing game, but it's just so big, and.. big, bulky and ugly, the controllers are big and... nast and.. big. I'd stick with the Gamecube, but hey, don't whatever you want man.

I think the worst pain that ANYone went through would be the educational pain that Luigi went through in Mario Is Missing.
I think the worst pain that ANYone went through would be the educational pain that Luigi went through in Mario Is Missing.

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2002, 04:20:51 PM »
You guys are missing one feature on PS2 that GameCube and Xbox will NEVER have: Pressure Sensitive Buttons.

Xbox may have the analog triggers of the DC controller, but does it have anything else pressure sensitive? NNNOOOOO! Does PS2? YES! Everything except the L3 and R3 buttons!

Also, graphics don't matter! Gameplay matters! Final Fantasy has loads of gameplay! MGS2 has tons of gameplay! DW3... if you said this game doesn't have gameplay, you're DEAD WRONG!

Project Gotham Racing (Xbox) sucks! GT3 (PS2) rules!

Xbox can't handle MGS2, because there are many things that require a reading of pressure, such as throw length, aiming an AK or M4, telling a guy to "Freeze!" with an M9 and not put him to sleep by mistake...

And don't say that "They could just set those buttons to the triggers." because they can't! You have Weapon/Item Select, First Person View, whatever the hell L1 does, and peeking around a corner. GameCube could do this (assuming L1 does absoulutely nothing), but they'd have to go back to "throw strength depends on how long button is held" and you wouldn't be able to aim an AK or M4 without firing; thus wasting ammo and drawing attention to you (very bad thing).

Oh, I guess that means it couldn't be on GameCube, either, since some situations require aiming without firing.

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2002, 05:33:35 PM »
GameCube and X-box both also have pressure sensitive buttons!

www.songbirdocarina.com

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2002, 05:34:24 PM »
Actually, MadMario, in some cases the buttons are pressure sensitive for the Gamecube. In the game Monkey Ball, when playing Monkey Bowling, the lighter you hit the R button, the easier the bowling ball will roll. BOOOYAH!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2002, 08:51:21 PM »
It's just that Sony wants you to think their stuff is better. It's not. Sony gets tons of errors, plus it's old and outdated. And it will never be 1000 times better. (I heard that idiotic hype on Fox News Channel.) Xbox is not as bad, but its controller IS big and heavy enough to be an anchor, and it's just as uncomfortable, not to mention that it overheats and scratches its own discs.

Tony Hawk 3 is also on GameCube, and Halo is an FPS, making it automatically bad (with the possible exception of Metroid Prime), and so that voids the whole argument for Xbox.

"Tonight, I`ll make an old family recipe. Pickled dandelions with barnacles in a diesel marinade!" - Prof. E. Gadd

Edited by - Chupperson Weird on 9/11/2002 7:55:13 PM
That was a joke.

« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2002, 09:43:50 PM »
I'd go withe GC for three reasons 1,Its the cheapest of the three 2,It has Turok Evelution and mario sunshine 3,I already own a DVD player.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2002, 12:10:22 AM »
The main reason I say stay with cube is that Nintendo's the only good console AND software company (there are a few good third-party companies, but Nintendo's the best all around.) And DVD players? If you seriously want a game system, get a GameCube, and I know that half of the people with computers have DVD players, I have one on mine!

That was a joke.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2002, 05:31:46 AM »
Since the PS2 is so old, then why are people still buying it like it was just released? Okay, I admit the Xbox lacks in good games, but it makes up for that fact that it has the most powerful graphics processor ever made for a console! That can't be beat!

Also, the Box controller is big and bulky, but don't forget that Microsoft recently released the new smaller version called Controller S. I have used the new controller, and I think it is much better than the original for multiple reasons:

1. It is smaller (obviously) and easier to hold.
2. The A B X and Y buttons are smaller and positioned in a more traditional circular pattern.
3. The analog sticks are shaped so they fit your thumbs (it is much better than the round analog sticks of the old controller).

I actually prefer the Controller S over the PS2 controller (yes all the buttons on the XBox controllers are pressure sensitive) - the Controller S is easier to use and more comforatable to hold.

But the 'Cube beats all competitors! The controller is unmatched - perfect button layout and very comfortable, the games are the best of any first-party company, and Nintendo is known for making great game software...that's what has made them so successful over the years!

So, I would have to choose a GameCube for Nintendo's games - secondly, an XBox simply for the downloadable soundtrack feature and the great graphics power...
---

« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2002, 02:05:55 PM »
I don't really care about the size of the processor of ANY system!
I care about the gaming experience!

My friends PS2 scratched her Charlie's Angels DVD movie!

www.songbirdocarina.com

« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2002, 02:06:22 PM »
I don't really care about the size of the processor of ANY system!
I care about the gaming experience!

My friends PS2 scratched her Charlie's Angels DVD movie!

www.songbirdocarina.com

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2002, 08:09:55 PM »
Xbox? Most powerful graphics? You must be Joe King. Xbox has crummy textures and low polygons. PS2 has even worse graphics.
GameCube has the best controller, the best games, the best characters, the best price, is the newest of the three, the best loading time, the best gameplay experience, the smallest size, I could go on and on...
That was a joke.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2002, 08:12:09 PM »
Oh yeah, and at my local Target, all the 'cubes were sold out and all the stupid Xboxes and PS2s were left sitting on the shelf. There was even this father one time telling his kid how PS2 had no good games, and what did he want that was on PS2 anyway, and the kid replied, "the golf game."
That was a joke.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2002, 05:32:58 AM »
Well...I guess Microsoft has been lying to us all the time about the true power (or UNpower) of the Xbox. B*stards! I would still choose a PS2 PLUS a GameCube because Sony has been very successful in the videogame industry so far...

Besides, who cares about how many polygons or textures the graphics can push in a game? N64 had hardly any anti-aliasing in it at all, and look how good it did!
---

« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2002, 04:00:41 PM »
What does Chupperson Weird have against first person shooters?
They kick arse!!!

www.songbirdocarina.com

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2002, 09:53:42 PM »
What I dislike about FPSs is that they're mindless, promote violence, bad concept, and I could go on and on.
That was a joke.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2002, 12:55:56 AM »
Oh yes, Mario Maniac, I don't care whatsoever really about the actual graphics quality (except the N64 was the best thing there was at its time of release) as long as the game is good. So far, I have not played any game on PlayStation (includes PS2) that I thought was good, except maybe SSX tricky (also on GCN) and Dave Mirra (also on GCN).
Anyway, I was just saying how people think XBOX is so great, and how all the propaganda says so, but it's really not.
That was a joke.

« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2002, 11:36:36 PM »
of course gamecube. my sig favors that.

crash: gamecube is cool.
spyro: of course it is.
mario: only cause im on it.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2002, 05:29:04 AM »
What about all the Final Fantasy games on PlayStation1? And what about Grand Theft Auto 3 on PS2? Those games are good!

Xbox really has no good games for it yet...That will change as soon as Blinx the Timesweeper is released this holiday season.

So what if the PS2 has crummy graphics? It's not the graphics that count - it's the GAMES! Nintendo's got the games, that's why the 'Cube is selling so good! PS2 has the games, that's why it's selling so good! Xbox doesn't have the games, that's why nobody is buying it!

I still despise Microsoft for buying Rare...B@stards! Sony is cooler than Microsoft becasuse they have a multi-million dollar system that is still selling very good! Same with Nintendo - if it wasn't for the big N, there would be no PlayStation or any other console for that matter! Nintendo is what made consoles popular in the first place...because of the NES!

« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2002, 07:25:03 AM »
Heeeeeeeeeeeere's the lineup:

On a scale of ten:

system

PS2  *******
XBox ********
GCN  ***********

Games:

XBox *****
PS2  ******
GCN  ********************************************************************************************************************************

Yeah! Us Yoshis are the best! We eat and eat and help Mario and eat and lose our kids...and...other stuff.
Yeah! Us Yoshis are the best! We eat and eat and help Mario and eat and lose our kids...and...other stuff.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2002, 10:58:27 AM »
I see Yellow Yoshi prefers the Xbox over the PS2... There's one person besides me who thinks the Xbox has better technology than PS2!

And yes, GameCube has the best games because Nintendo makes the best games! Good ol' Nintendo...always sticking by our sides!

Another topic -
When GameCube is gone, what system will you buy then?

It depends on which system is still around when Nintendo switches to 3rd-party software development...right? I would pick the Xbox, because I think Nintendo will support that more due to it's extra processing power and advanced graphics.
---

« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2002, 03:32:38 PM »
The new Nintendo!

That's what i'd get!

AND THIS IS TO X-BOX!
................/´¯/)
.............,/¯../ /
............/..../ /
....../´¯/`...`/´¯¯.`·¸
.../`/.../..../.....:^.¨¯\
.(`(...´...´.... ¯_/`...`/
..\.................`...../
...`\`...\.......... _.·´
.....\...............

www.songbirdocarina.com

« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2002, 04:29:46 PM »
"So what if the PS2 has crummy graphics? It's not the graphics that count - it's the GAMES! Nintendo's got the games, that's why the 'Cube is selling so good! PS2 has the games, that's why it's selling so good! Xbox doesn't have the games, that's why nobody is buying it!"

That's what I've been trying to say in the first place!!!!!!!

« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2002, 05:14:40 PM »
Wow, *~*Stealth-LinK*~*, that certainly is impressive "fingerwork".

-------
Weekly Frostbite Quote #1:

"You are a moron. A complete idiot. The very fact that you haven`t died yet in some sort of comic mishap baffles me."

« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2002, 05:57:18 PM »
Thank you!

www.songbirdocarina.com

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2002, 07:37:39 PM »
Umm... back to the when GCN is gone topic... well, in 5 years, I will buy whatever 256-bit system Nintendo puts out, since they ARE NOT going to be 3rd-party. I don't know who really said that, but they didn't know what they were talking about.
That was a joke.

« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2002, 08:08:46 PM »
................/´¯/)
.............,/¯../ /
............/..../ /
....../´¯/`...`/´¯¯.`·¸
.../`/.../..../.....:^.¨¯\
.(`(...´...´.... ¯_/`...`/
..\.................`...../
...`\`...\.......... _.·´
.....\...............

Im so obsessed with it!

www.songbirdocarina.com

« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2002, 01:22:29 PM »
Try doing it with spaces instead of dots.

-------

"You are a moron. A complete idiot. The very fact that you haven`t died yet in some sort of comic mishap baffles me."

« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2002, 01:59:19 PM »
I use dots because if I use spaces it'll bunch all up

Like this
/´¯/)
,/¯  / /
/    / /
/´¯/`   `/´¯¯.`·¸
/`/   /    /     :^¨¯\
(`(   ´   ´     ¯_/`   `/
\                 `     /
`\`   \           _·´
\

www.songbirdocarina.com

« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2002, 02:03:33 PM »
hold on a sec
,................/´¯/)
.............,/¯  / /
............/    / /
....../´¯/`   `/´¯¯.`·¸
.../`/   /    /     :^.¨¯\
.(`(   ´   ´     ¯_/`   `/
..\                 `     /
...`\`   \           _ ·´
.....\

www.songbirdocarina.com

« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2002, 02:04:59 PM »
Sheesh!
That looks ugly!

www.songbirdocarina.com

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2002, 09:12:36 PM »
Gah, you must be obsessed. You've turned this topic into nothing but a
That was a joke.

« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2002, 12:23:36 PM »
Nothing but a..... nothing but a what? What? Why did you stop?!?

-------

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2002, 07:26:52 PM »
BWAH HA HA HA
Actually, I felt that nothing more needed to be said... you guys get the idea.
That was a joke.

« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2002, 08:38:30 PM »
I don't!

www.songbirdocarina.com

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #43 on: September 21, 2002, 11:03:55 PM »
Your last few attempts at text graphics were useless and annoying. That's all...
That was a joke.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #44 on: September 24, 2002, 05:31:31 AM »
Oh boy... you guys are CRAZEY!

Sheesh...you completely got off topic! PS2 and the 'Cube are the best anyway, I don't even know why I supported the crappy Xbox to begin with!

« Reply #45 on: September 24, 2002, 06:36:40 AM »
It seems you are crazy enough to spell crazy wrong!

www.songbirdocarina.com

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #46 on: September 24, 2002, 10:48:51 PM »
Wait a sec, Mario Maniac. You've got something wrong here... GameCube is the best, and PS2 and Xbox are both tied for third.
That was a joke.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #47 on: September 25, 2002, 08:05:01 AM »
That's my OPINION! I have a right to have a unique opinion don't I? Everyone has different tastes when it comes to videogames...I just like the PlayStation2 along with good ol' Nintendo because it has established itself as a worthy competitor in the videogame console world.

What I mean is: Sony is the only respected competitor Nintendo has right now. People like Sony for there amazing technology... People like Nintendo for their great games... Nobody really likes Microsoft. You get my point?

Besides...PS2 has the new exclusive rights to Grand Theft Auto! GTA: Vice City is gonna KICK ASS! Oh, so is StarFox Adventures - which I saw a cool commercial for...

Edited by - Mario Maniac on 9/25/2002 7:07:44 AM

« Reply #48 on: September 25, 2002, 03:06:21 PM »
If the GC is first, and PS2 and XB are 3rd, what's 2nd? The Mattel Intellivision?

-------
Weekly Frostbite Quote #2:

"It`s no coincidence they built the bar next to the small houses."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #49 on: September 25, 2002, 10:53:32 PM »
2nd is void and a vacuum, because nothing can touch GCN. Or it might be N64 or SNES...

Mario Maniac... ok, I agree that they've certainly established themselves in the game business, but amazing technology... what do you mean? Low polygon count, mediocre textures and particle effects... hmm...

Yes, I can confirm that SFA is an awesome game... every one of his HAIRS is individually rendered! (I just got it today... man, is it cool.)

Edited by - Chupperson Weird on 9/25/2002 9:54:51 PM
That was a joke.

« Reply #50 on: September 27, 2002, 01:38:33 PM »
Get an X-Box. Get Banjo.

-------
Weekly Frostbite Quote #2:

"It`s no coincidence they built the bar next to the small houses."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #51 on: September 27, 2002, 11:35:40 PM »
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
That was a joke.

« Reply #52 on: September 28, 2002, 12:11:11 AM »
Banjo. Banjo-Threeie. Rare. X-Box. Banjo.

« Reply #53 on: September 29, 2002, 06:48:22 PM »
Im gonna state some good and bad facts about each.
XBOX- When a game comes out for all 3 systems (PS2, XBOX, and GameCube) it will probably be better on XBOX. But the only good game I have seen is Halo. And Halo 2 looks good. On the downside it is large, heavy, and it doesn't have a cooling fan. So if you like playing for long hours, don't get XBOX.

PS2- This is the system I know least about so I may not be right. PS2 is the best selling system out there. But it doesn't have much good games. GTA is the only good game it has.

GameCube- It is small and is easier to take places. It has great games and easy-to-learn controls. It can't play DVDs or CDs (unless you buy a Panasonic Q GameCube.) The Panasonic Q lets you play regular GameCube games and lets you play DVDs and CDs. The last I checked though it costed $500. But I don't know anymore. GameCube has been critized for being kiddie. But I guess that is in the eye of the beholder (Ah im using wise man stuff.)

Psst! Psst! Hey guess what...
I like firetrucks, and pink ducks, and rubber bands, and pinball, and pocket lint, and...

Psst! Psst! Hey guess what...
I like firetrucks, and pink ducks, and rubber bands, and pinball, and pocket lint, and...

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #54 on: September 29, 2002, 08:03:18 PM »
I never understood Banjo-Kazooie anyway...
Nintendo rules!
PS2 & XBox should be squashed at the dump! (or in your trash compactor)
Anyway, this topic should be dead, because he already decided, right?

Dexter, boy genius...Dexter, the cookie
That was a joke.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #55 on: September 30, 2002, 05:34:29 AM »
I agree that the ONLY good game for Ecch-Box is Halo...that's not a very good sign for Microsoft if they can't even lure good 3-rd party developers to the system.

PS2 is the best-selling system ever made! Okay, some of the games on it aren't the best Nintendo-quality, but there are some pretty decent games that look FANTASTIC! Gran Tarismo 3 and Jack and Daxter are two good examples...also SOCOM: U.S. Navy Seals looks cool!

Sony is the undisputed leader in console sales. Nintendo is the undisputed leader in videogame entertainment!

Another thing:
All this talk about polygons and texture compression is BULL-CRAP! Graphics don't matter as long as the games are fun and entertaining! Remember how horrible the graphics were on the PSone - it was the best-selling console of its time! Same with the N64 for that matter...
---

I have made my point, so deal with it.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #56 on: September 30, 2002, 07:47:50 PM »
Well, it's obviously just a matter of opinion, because I haven't played any game on any PlayStation that I thought was good, excluding the ones that were released on Nintendo systems too... Like Tony Hawk and all that 3rd party stuff.
Oh, and the reason that PS2 leads in total sales is that it was out more than a year before the other two systems.
And has it really outsold the NES? That's hard to believe.

Dexter, boy genius...Dexter, the cookie

Edited by - Chupperson Weird on 9/30/2002 6:50:46 PM
That was a joke.

« Reply #57 on: October 18, 2002, 10:20:13 AM »
Buy all of them. That's the only way to get the full world of gaming...
*You quickly shove bananas in your ears.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #58 on: October 18, 2002, 10:39:46 PM »
But, like the real world, only part of it is relevant. (In this case, that would be Nintendo.)
That was a joke.

« Reply #59 on: October 22, 2002, 07:41:58 PM »
You should definitely get a PS2 or the gamecube. Whatever you do dont get the XBOX.

XBOX.... let''s face it, it sucks.
XBOX.... let''s face it, it sucks.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #60 on: October 22, 2002, 11:27:15 PM »
So does PS2.
That was a joke.

« Reply #61 on: October 23, 2002, 02:12:44 AM »
Whada ya think? Gamecube kicks those other
pieces of junk in the back wires!
And... it costs less. Hehehe...

Kamek: Nyahhhh!Nyahhhh!
Kamek: Nyahhhh!Nyahhhh!

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #62 on: October 23, 2002, 10:25:25 AM »
If the PS2 is as bad as some of you say it is, then why is it still the best-selling system in the world? It is getting even more support and publicity than the original PS1!

Also, I never meant to diss Nintendo. I love Nintendo - I always have, I always will!

GameCube rules all, I love playing Super Mario Sunshine and Super Smash Bros. Melee - pure Nintnedo magic!

PS2 is a very good system because Sony has tons of support for it and it is still selling way more than the GameCube and  (obviously) the Xbox... Also PS2 has some of the biggest non-Nintendo franchises.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #63 on: October 23, 2002, 10:48:21 PM »
All that... and it's a worthless hunk o' junk.

Eeh hee hee hee heeeee!
That was a joke.

« Reply #64 on: October 24, 2002, 08:11:30 PM »
Dude, Mario Maniac, havent you decided on your system yet???

« Reply #65 on: July 28, 2003, 02:03:37 AM »
PS2 and X-Box are both pieces of crap compared to Gamecube!

Mom:Honey, what is that loud sound? Me:Uh, nothing, Mom! *goes back to smashing X-Box*
Deezer was here.

Print