Print

Author Topic: ...PS2? ...Xbox? ...GameCube? Which one should I buy?  (Read 12748 times)

« Reply #45 on: September 24, 2002, 06:36:40 AM »
It seems you are crazy enough to spell crazy wrong!

www.songbirdocarina.com

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #46 on: September 24, 2002, 10:48:51 PM »
Wait a sec, Mario Maniac. You've got something wrong here... GameCube is the best, and PS2 and Xbox are both tied for third.
That was a joke.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #47 on: September 25, 2002, 08:05:01 AM »
That's my OPINION! I have a right to have a unique opinion don't I? Everyone has different tastes when it comes to videogames...I just like the PlayStation2 along with good ol' Nintendo because it has established itself as a worthy competitor in the videogame console world.

What I mean is: Sony is the only respected competitor Nintendo has right now. People like Sony for there amazing technology... People like Nintendo for their great games... Nobody really likes Microsoft. You get my point?

Besides...PS2 has the new exclusive rights to Grand Theft Auto! GTA: Vice City is gonna KICK ASS! Oh, so is StarFox Adventures - which I saw a cool commercial for...

Edited by - Mario Maniac on 9/25/2002 7:07:44 AM
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #48 on: September 25, 2002, 03:06:21 PM »
If the GC is first, and PS2 and XB are 3rd, what's 2nd? The Mattel Intellivision?

-------
Weekly Frostbite Quote #2:

"It`s no coincidence they built the bar next to the small houses."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #49 on: September 25, 2002, 10:53:32 PM »
2nd is void and a vacuum, because nothing can touch GCN. Or it might be N64 or SNES...

Mario Maniac... ok, I agree that they've certainly established themselves in the game business, but amazing technology... what do you mean? Low polygon count, mediocre textures and particle effects... hmm...

Yes, I can confirm that SFA is an awesome game... every one of his HAIRS is individually rendered! (I just got it today... man, is it cool.)

Edited by - Chupperson Weird on 9/25/2002 9:54:51 PM
That was a joke.

« Reply #50 on: September 27, 2002, 01:38:33 PM »
Get an X-Box. Get Banjo.

-------
Weekly Frostbite Quote #2:

"It`s no coincidence they built the bar next to the small houses."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #51 on: September 27, 2002, 11:35:40 PM »
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
That was a joke.

« Reply #52 on: September 28, 2002, 12:11:11 AM »
Banjo. Banjo-Threeie. Rare. X-Box. Banjo.

« Reply #53 on: September 29, 2002, 06:48:22 PM »
Im gonna state some good and bad facts about each.
XBOX- When a game comes out for all 3 systems (PS2, XBOX, and GameCube) it will probably be better on XBOX. But the only good game I have seen is Halo. And Halo 2 looks good. On the downside it is large, heavy, and it doesn't have a cooling fan. So if you like playing for long hours, don't get XBOX.

PS2- This is the system I know least about so I may not be right. PS2 is the best selling system out there. But it doesn't have much good games. GTA is the only good game it has.

GameCube- It is small and is easier to take places. It has great games and easy-to-learn controls. It can't play DVDs or CDs (unless you buy a Panasonic Q GameCube.) The Panasonic Q lets you play regular GameCube games and lets you play DVDs and CDs. The last I checked though it costed $500. But I don't know anymore. GameCube has been critized for being kiddie. But I guess that is in the eye of the beholder (Ah im using wise man stuff.)

Psst! Psst! Hey guess what...
I like firetrucks, and pink ducks, and rubber bands, and pinball, and pocket lint, and...

Psst! Psst! Hey guess what...
I like firetrucks, and pink ducks, and rubber bands, and pinball, and pocket lint, and...

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #54 on: September 29, 2002, 08:03:18 PM »
I never understood Banjo-Kazooie anyway...
Nintendo rules!
PS2 & XBox should be squashed at the dump! (or in your trash compactor)
Anyway, this topic should be dead, because he already decided, right?

Dexter, boy genius...Dexter, the cookie
That was a joke.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #55 on: September 30, 2002, 05:34:29 AM »
I agree that the ONLY good game for Ecch-Box is Halo...that's not a very good sign for Microsoft if they can't even lure good 3-rd party developers to the system.

PS2 is the best-selling system ever made! Okay, some of the games on it aren't the best Nintendo-quality, but there are some pretty decent games that look FANTASTIC! Gran Tarismo 3 and Jack and Daxter are two good examples...also SOCOM: U.S. Navy Seals looks cool!

Sony is the undisputed leader in console sales. Nintendo is the undisputed leader in videogame entertainment!

Another thing:
All this talk about polygons and texture compression is BULL-CRAP! Graphics don't matter as long as the games are fun and entertaining! Remember how horrible the graphics were on the PSone - it was the best-selling console of its time! Same with the N64 for that matter...
---

I have made my point, so deal with it.
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #56 on: September 30, 2002, 07:47:50 PM »
Well, it's obviously just a matter of opinion, because I haven't played any game on any PlayStation that I thought was good, excluding the ones that were released on Nintendo systems too... Like Tony Hawk and all that 3rd party stuff.
Oh, and the reason that PS2 leads in total sales is that it was out more than a year before the other two systems.
And has it really outsold the NES? That's hard to believe.

Dexter, boy genius...Dexter, the cookie

Edited by - Chupperson Weird on 9/30/2002 6:50:46 PM
That was a joke.

« Reply #57 on: October 18, 2002, 10:20:13 AM »
Buy all of them. That's the only way to get the full world of gaming...
*You quickly shove bananas in your ears.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #58 on: October 18, 2002, 10:39:46 PM »
But, like the real world, only part of it is relevant. (In this case, that would be Nintendo.)
That was a joke.

« Reply #59 on: October 22, 2002, 07:41:58 PM »
You should definitely get a PS2 or the gamecube. Whatever you do dont get the XBOX.

XBOX.... let''s face it, it sucks.
XBOX.... let''s face it, it sucks.

Print