Print

Author Topic: Star Fox  (Read 31234 times)

« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2002, 06:08:36 PM »
oh yeah, speakin of SF64, i really like the song at the lylat system map, does anyone know where i can hear that or download an MP3 of it. i think that song is really cool ;)
"Tetris: the movie"
Yeah, I can see that. A guy throwing bricks out of a window for 2 hours.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2002, 08:47:51 PM »
You can find a MIDI of that at vgmusic.com.
It's also the map screen music from SFA... and in there it's got bongos.
D. Wise must like lots of bongos. He puts them in everything. Donkey Kong music, SFA music...
That was a joke.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2002, 08:55:45 PM »
*sigh*
I suppose I won't find anyone else here with my passion for SFA... I don't even really like StarFox 1 and SF64 that much... I mean, SF64's good, but SFA really got me goin'. The game needed a good story... it certainly has a huge amazing storyline. And the series needed a girl... position filled quite adequately.
That was a joke.

« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2002, 10:47:51 PM »
Making Star Fox whatever be an arwing game would NOT be a downgrade in gameplay.

If Nintendo's planning on winning this consle war, they're gonna need something for everyone. They've done action with mario/dk, adventure with zelda, fps(soon to be) with metroid,racing with f-zero, puzzle with dr. mario, sports with...nothing but mario golf and tennis, rpg with pokemon, and flight sim with starfox. I for one am a huge fan of flight sim. Sometimes I pop in a star wars movie and fast forward it to the end just to see the space battle.

Sure, nintendo could depend on third parties to carry them in those neglected genres, but for every(or most) hardcore nintendo fan(s), its their dream tho be able to say-"I've seen Nintendo's greatness in every genre" (/end corny music

Starfox deserves to be one of a kind, because how many anti-nintendo fanboys have been able to say they've seen a fox in a mini-rocket blowing up giant faces?

Bottom Line: Fox McCloud, stay in that ****pit!

I am FLUDD, the Flash Liquidizing Ultra Dousing Device. I hope to be of assistance.
I am FLUDD, the Flash Liquidizing Ultra Dousing Device. I hope to be of assistance.

Sue successfull. I''d be looking forward to a lot of Japanese text in video games since their main translator quit for letting me push them around. Oh well, I could hire my own translator now!

« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2002, 10:50:45 PM »
What the heck? I only said

c o c k p i t

!?!?!?!?

It that some new cuss word I didn't hear about?

Sue successfull. I''d be looking forward to a lot of Japanese text in video games since their main translator quit for letting me push them around. Oh well, I could hire my own translator now!

« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2002, 09:23:45 PM »
Well, a return to flight-sim wouldn't be a downgrade in gameplay so much as a downgrade in plot. How can you have a plot when all you do is shoot stuff? And what would the point of a new Starfox flight-sim game be, anyways? Killing Andross yet again? Puhlease. Bowser and Ganondorf fill the Villain Who Never Ever Stays Dead category quite nicely, we don't need Starfox to jump on the bandwagon. Unless Nintendo thinks up some amazing new plot, I can't think of anything other than shooting asteroids and flying through weird gold rings.

And I thought I was the only one who noticed that Fox's eyes changed colour! :D I like 'em either way, blue or green, which I find surprising because I'm an obsessive fangirl about details like that.

A friend of mine found a cheat code that translates all of SFA's subtitles to Dinosaur. Even the English ones. Pointless, eh?

"Like the moon over
 the day, my genius and brawn
 are lost on these fools."
       -Bowser, SMRPG

Sometimes I dream about being carried off by a giant squirrel...Does that make me a nut?
Sometimes I dream about being carried off by a giant squirrel...Does that make me a nut?

« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2002, 10:23:34 PM »
It wouldn't have a plot that would last the length of the game, but develop in segments as you cmplete more levels.

For example, in Star Wars Rougue Leader, you fight a battle in one mission(Battle of Hoth) and in the next mission your goal is to rescue those taken prisoner in the battle.

And, there's 3 missions leading up to the final battle. 1st-you get information, 2nd-you get access to the site of the battle, 3rd-you get gases needed to power weopons. Then you fight the battle. It's a continuously unraveling plot that doesn't rest.

Something like that.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2002, 11:06:32 PM »
Well! I'm glad to see somebody replying to my topic! :-)
I agree, it wouldn't be as much a downgrade in gameplay, but seriously. According to Nintendo roughly 3 years ago, "Mr. Miyamoto put everything he wanted into Starfox 64. There will not be a sequel." or something to that effect. So they better have some whizbang wowee thing going for it or it won't be that great.
Don't get me wrong, flight sim games are fine... It just gets tiresome after a while... A concept as good as Starfox deserves to have tons of variety, like SFA has...
I just hope, one way or another, that Krystal is back in future games. She doesn't deserve to just disappear.
What would be cool is another SFA-type game with more flying, and more Krystal. SFA showed us what could be done. Now, they can improve that. More flying missions, and like you can change what character you are more often. That would be cool.
Eye color: Actually, it's really strange... In Starfox (SNES), his eyes were brown! In SF64, his eyes were black. In SSBM, his eyes were blue. And now, in SFA, his eyes are green. I personally think that green works best... Brown and blue just don't really fit.

Bottom line: Sure, flying games make great arcade games, (and I suppose that's what SFArmada is really supposed to be...), but the level of depth in SFA should be kept in future games.
And Krystal! She's perfect for this type of thing...
If they don't actually continue the story from SFA, I'm gonna be mad. The series might fall prey to "Mega Man syndrome"... after a while, it's the same story as the last game... with slight variations. They've made it clear that time actually passes, and there's actually a story... I just hope they keep going with it.
That was a joke.

« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2002, 06:19:13 PM »
thanx 4 the tip on the midi. ive played SF1 and its pretty cool, but i like SF64 better.

YOU HAVE NO CHANCE TO SURVIVE MAKE YOUR TIME!!!
"Tetris: the movie"
Yeah, I can see that. A guy throwing bricks out of a window for 2 hours.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2002, 11:54:55 PM »
You're welcome.
I agree, SF64 is better than SFSNES, but SFA is way better than SF64. :-)

Eeh hee hee hee heeeee!
That was a joke.

« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2002, 03:39:59 PM »
What's the Dinosaur subtitle code?

-------
Weekly Frostbite Quote #6:

(Family is at dinner watching TV)

Dan: That guy kind of looks like Bill Gates.
Mike: His name is Richard, so that would be Bill.
Dan: No--
Melissa: No, that’s Robert!
Dan: It’s William, you idiot!
Melissa: Oh.
Dan: Gotta write that down. (exits to family room and computer)

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2002, 12:00:20 AM »
It's not a code. You buy a cheat token from one of those dudes in a well and go throw it in the well in the maze, then ROB has an option to view the subtitles that way.

Eeh hee hee hee heeeee!
That was a joke.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2002, 11:31:52 PM »
So... whaddya guys think about all the people that have done their voices? I think the current cast is the best...

Eeh hee hee hee heeeee!
That was a joke.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2002, 11:49:39 PM »
Anybody?

...I guess if I keep this topic alive long enough, somebody will come along who cares enough to talk to me. :-(

Eeh hee hee hee heeeee!
That was a joke.

« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2002, 10:02:13 AM »
I like the Warp Stone's voice. Sounds like Shrek.

-------
Weekly Frostbite Quote #6:

(Family is at dinner watching TV)

Dan: That guy kind of looks like Bill Gates.
Mike: His name is Richard, so that would be Bill.
Dan: No--
Melissa: No, that’s Robert!
Dan: It’s William, you idiot!
Melissa: Oh.
Dan: Gotta write that down. (exits to family room and computer)

Print