Print

Author Topic: What was your FIRST EVER video game?  (Read 14379 times)

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2002, 11:16:46 PM »
Hmm. Am I really that good at arguing? Heh heh heh...
It seems to me that the NES is as cool as N64. SNES is as cool as GCN. See what I mean?

Eeh hee hee hee hee!!! Not everything means what it seems... . . . Ooh Heh . . . Ooh Heh
That was a joke.

« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2002, 11:12:02 PM »
I think so...I have noticed that people's favourites seem to fall into either the NES/N64 or the SNES/GCN category. Someone who believes that M64 is the greatest game ever is quite likely, in my experience, to argue to the bitter end with anyone who disses SMB. And my faves are from the SNES and GCN, there isn't a whole lot on the NES or N64 that I'm crazy about. I say M64 is good, but not the mind-numbing and all-powerful good that a lot of people would have you believe. *waits for the horrified gasping to die down* Mind you, diss SMRPG or Sunshine, and I'll likely pick a hissy catfight. I can't imagine why favourites fall like this, but oh well.

Maybe "cool" isn't the right word to describe the NES...Maybe something more like...um...*leafs through her thesaurus*...satisfactory?

"Like the moon over
 the day, my genius and brawn
 are lost on these fools."
       -Bowser, SMRPG

Sometimes I dream about being carried off by a giant squirrel...Does that make me a nut?
Sometimes I dream about being carried off by a giant squirrel...Does that make me a nut?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2002, 11:56:14 PM »
Nah... "satisfactory" is inadequate.
Something more along the lines of "a solid system (well, sort of) that has stood the test of time" would be more appropriate.
Yeah, see, what I was meaning was that NES was pretty good for its time, but not like HOLY MOLEY... and the N64 was the same way, pretty good, but not earth-shattering.
Now SNES, on the other hand, was pretty spectacular for a 16-bit system. And the sheer variety of games on that thing... wow. Same with GCN, it's the best system of its era, even if some people don't realize it right now...

What you own is your own kingdom, what you do is your own glory.
What you love is your own power, what you live is your own story...

Edited by - Chupperson Weird on 12/6/2002 10:03:24 PM
That was a joke.

« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2002, 06:04:28 PM »
My first game was (well actually the first 3 gams i had were from before i was born) this cmbat basketball game for SNES.

« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2002, 11:29:59 PM »
Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt was my first. Man, I sure liked shooting those little ducks. *sigh*

L is real 2041!
Don''t argue with an idiot. They will take you to their level and beat you with experience.

« Reply #35 on: December 23, 2002, 04:31:33 PM »
My first game was Super Mario World. I was about three or four. My favorite system is snes. my favorite game is yoshi's island.

The world would be a much cleaner place if people would eat their own trash.
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

« Reply #36 on: December 23, 2002, 08:46:06 PM »
My first video game/system was an NES. My neighbor owned it, then got tired of it and gave it to me and my brothers. We had Super Mario Bros. 3, Tiny Toon Adventures, and some game where you controlled a tank in a desert. But a few months after we got it, my mom gave the NES and the games back to my neighbor because we played it too much. But after Christmas, I plan to buy a used NES for thirty bucks. Interseting how fate works, isn't it?

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #37 on: December 23, 2002, 09:27:13 PM »
So your favorite game is YI, huh? Cool, YI happens to be my favorite "mainstream" Mario game. (Tetris Attack is my all-time favorite, YI is a close 2nd). It also has my favorite Mario level of all time, Marchin Milde's Fort. (I beat that level again for the millionth time it seems... maybe not that many, hard to say. Quite ironicly, I only beat 4-4 on SMA3 3 times. Maybe because I spent too much time replaying Secret 5.) You get all 100s yet?

I remember when I finally got all 100s for the first time. I was about 10. That was about 2 years after the game came out. Ah yes... Nowadays I mess around with the game. I think I've found about 10 glitches (3 on 4-4).

I am SNES all the way. I don't really fall into the NES/N64 or the SNES/GCN categories. SNES is doubtless the system that stands out for me.

I mean, I recently beat, for about the 20th time, SMRPG, and about 4-5 months ago, I beat SMW in one sitting with all 96 goals in just over 2 hours. I died only twice the whole time (VOB 2 and Awesome, though during the latter I was in a hurry and tried to fly over the last part. Big mistake.)

The SNES is really the only system with games I play over and over again although I have beaten them many a time. And it is also the only system with a game I am really looking for (Crono Trigger).

Sorry about the rambling. I ramble a lot when I am tired.

I don`t suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.
~I.S.~

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #38 on: December 24, 2002, 12:54:02 AM »
Ironically.
Chrono. True, the main character's name is Crono, but when talking about Chronology, the proper spelling (and the spelling of the game's title) is Chrono.
Sorry, just had to do it.
Anyway, you can always get ROMs of games you can't find for real.

Oh yeah, I got my NES for $10.
I don't have a real SNES yet though...

If people don`t appreciate good taste, that`s their own problem.
That was a joke.

« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2003, 11:05:32 PM »
I got a NES when i was 2 & a half... I couldn't finish the game! 8-2 was a hard level when i was 2 & a half....

King of Pink, That's Me!
Find your inner monkey.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2003, 12:01:26 AM »
DANG, 8-2's a hard level for ME! Now!
That was a joke.

« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2003, 09:10:58 PM »
My first ever Video Game I played back in 1991, was Sonic the Hedgehog for Sega Genesis.

My boards:
http://1202654.suddenlaunch2.com/
http://myuuknux.suddenlaunch2.com/
http://nursejoy.conforums.com/
My AOL Instant Messenger Screen Name: Joyrotto

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2003, 10:18:31 PM »
My first hand held was probably defender, unless you count those pre-Nintendo game and watch type lcd things.

My first arcade game I think was Galaga, Galaxian, Donkey Kong, or Pacman.  I "used to" play everything.

My first console was an NES with SMB.

My first computer game was one I programed in basic on a Tandy.  (the tandy was like a fat keyboard that hooked up to the tv and use a audio cassette player for data storage.  I remember buying expense tape so I wouldn't have to debug code everytime I turned it on.  If a line of code had an error you couldn't move the cursor to the error and fix it, instead you had to retype the entire line.

--> Åñím@l ©®ø$$íñ9â„¢ Now Only ß49.99 <--
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2003, 12:58:34 AM »
Am I one of the only other people here who knows what a Tandy computer is?

...Another thing I remembered today, the first arcade game I played was Frogger. I thought that game was so cool... (I still do, as a matter of fact.)
That was a joke.

« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2003, 12:11:44 PM »
my first ever video game was Super Mario World AND Super Mario All-Stars for the SNES at the same time, i've had em' since birth, *sigh* those were the good ol' days.

----

<Whirlwind> Life's like a tornado, you keep on spinning around.
<Kirby> Uhhh, you do?
<Whirlwind> Sure ya do.
<Kirby> How?
<Whirlwind> Simple. you just start spinnin' around like so, *starts spinning around* and keep spinnin' *keeps on spinning* and life goes on.
<Kirby> But, how IS life like a tornado.
<Whirlwind> I dunno.
<Kirby> .........
----

Life's like a tornado, you keep on spinning around.
Uhhh, you do?
Sure ya do.
How?
Simple. you just start spinnin' around like so, *starts spinning around* and keep spinnin' *keeps on spinning* and life goes on.
But, how IS life like a tornado.
I dunno.

Print