Print

Author Topic: FINAL FANTASY FOREVER!!  (Read 16379 times)

« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2003, 08:53:37 PM »
does anyone know if *any* FF game will be or is scheduled to come to Gameboy?? That would be really interesting, like a remake of FF5 and or FF6.hmmm...maybe my head's in the clouds. if anyone hear's about ANY new FF game, please post here...

:3 hehe "look at the kitty!"(please ignore the last inside joke for your safety.

If winners never quit, and quitters never win, who made the saying "Quit while you''re still ahead"?

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2003, 09:01:00 PM »
 "does anyone know if *any* FF game will be or is scheduled to come to Gameboy?? That would be really interesting, like a remake of FF5 and or FF6.hmmm...maybe my head's in the clouds. if anyone hear's about ANY new FF game, please post here..."

Well, I highly doubt we'll ever be graced with a FF5 or FF6 port to the GBA, or any of the early Final Fantasys.

However, all is not lost. There is indeed a new FF game for the GBA: Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced.

When it was first announced, I had hoped for a FFT port, as FFT was a very, very good game. However, it's not. It's a new Strategy RPG. It seems to be aimed for a younger audience, unfortunetly. I know it was released in Japan, but I'm not sure about America. You may wish to check your local Video Game retailer and inquire as to its availability.

« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2003, 03:02:07 PM »
yeah, i heard of it, but i never was too interested in it...was it anything like the PS1 version?? or did they change it? If it is, that might be an investment...*scratches chin in though* Yeah, that would be a good investment.

If winners never quit, and quitters never win, who made the saying "Quit while you''re still ahead"?

« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2003, 07:45:06 PM »
hehe...just reviving the topic...well, i was wondering, i got your top 10 favorite game, but what about Final Fantasy Character??
Here are mine...

1) Sephiroth from FF7-he has to be the most awesome character in ANY final fantasy. I like him because...his cool haircut, and his almost crazy personality, but he also has logic. Unfortunately, he killed one of the coolest characters in this game.

2) Cid from FF7- I like his attitude and personality, he is set apart from ALL the other Cid's in EVERY final fantasy and has a distinct way of getting his point across

3) Gotta be Kain from FF4- I like the fact, even, after being controlled by Golbez(a not so cool character), ends up being on the good side.

4)Zell (FF8)- However horrible, the character in FF8 Zell always has and always will be my FAV character in that game. and i liked his attitude in the game, much like that of Cid's except in a teens point of veiw.

5)Aeris Gainsborough (FF7)- This character is one of the coolest...except that she died, so that's why she got so low on my list. I think she would have been a better match for cloud than tifa (i'll get into that at the end) and id rather have seen Tifa die.

6)im drawing a blank for her name...the pirate on ff5...hmmm oh well, if anyone will, could they give me her name...well, she's also one of my top favorite characters because she has that cool dragon thingy called Syldra. Too bad it had to die.

7)Vivi-I HATED THIS GAME but fortunately this character was there to help the replay value...i loved his costume, can't say much about his personality though, because he didn't have much of one.

8)(ok gettin desperate)Cloud-This is in my top 10 list because well, i liked his haircut and his role in the story of ff7 (i loved the plot for FF7) and his costume.

9)Cecil (FF4)- I liked him because he was a dark knight, then a paladin, i cant say much about his looks because well it's sixteen bit graphix and *cough* nevermind...either way, that game was fun (speaking of im sure if any one knows this it'll be BM...i was wondering if you knew how to unlock the CGIs in FF Chronicles for 4, i have no idea and probably will never figure it out and im interested in seeing the characters in 3d)

10)Zidane-Hey it was better than Tidus now wasn't it?? well this guy, no matter how out of proportion he is, is funny. He climbs up the latter after Dagger and says "ooh...soft" hehe gotta love a programmer with a sense of humor.

OK now to TIFA...LOATHE...HATE!! i completely hate this character and don't know why!! i completely hate this character, mostly because i think she wants cloud all to herself and has to have everything her way...she is my LEAST favorite character in ALL of the FFs

well theres my list, id love to see whoever elses...those who follow the series anyway

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2003, 09:22:36 PM »
 Top 10 characters, eh? This'll take some good, old fashioned thinkin'. Oh, and Faris is the Pirate in FFV. *Avoids spoilers*

1) Black Mage -- Come on now. :P Black Mages have been my favorite class ever since I've started on the FF games. Wow, it's been almost my whole life. Anyways, sporting the Mysterious Hat and Cloak, and mastering the dark arts of magic truly creates one awesome character. Thank you, Amano.

2) Aeris -- Yeah. I liked her a lot. I know, I'm not one for the newer FFs, although FFVII was very good. But Aeris, she was compelling. I liked her a lot. And as awesome as Sephiroth was, I was happy to unleash an Omni-slash on him at the end. Jerk.

3. Cecil -- Dark Knight or Paladin, Cecil was pretty darn cool. He was wicked as a Dark Knight, and I preferred him that way. However, I didn't complain when the change took place. I grew tired of doing 1-10 damage to undead, anyway. Besides, he has Rosa.=F

4. Kain -- Although he double crossed me so many times, wait. No. Not Kain.

4. White Mages -- Who's the trusty helper (Preferably Female) who's behind every Black Mage? Well, it should be a White Mage. Actually, I'm not a fan of the Male Priests, as they seems kinda, well, let's just say I think Females are better suited for the job. Oh, the irony when compared to real life.

And yeah, I know I'm not picking specific characters, per say, but I think I can get away with it, thanks to FFI. That's not to say I like ALL characters of the class, no sir.

5. Sephiroth -- Lance Bass' voice, I guess it wasn't too bad. But that's not really Sephiroth, now is it? I didn't like him an awful lot in FFVII, whilst playing through it, but after Kingdom Hearts, he seemed so much more, uh, cooler? Yeah, having the Masamune helped him out too, I guess. I'm glad I got my revenge, in KH, too.

6. Cloud -- Jeez, I'm such a hypocrite. A lot of these characters are from the "New Age" of gaming. While I still prefer the elder games, I will admit, FFVII had great characters and a good story. I guess it was the exception.

Cloud was cool. A liar, but cool. Maybe not a liar, well, yeah. His KH costume was cool, too.

7. Orlandu "Thunder God" Cid -- While making FFT a very easy game after acquiring him, he was very cool. Two words -- Lighting Stab.

8. Kain -- Never mind. I still hate Kain.

8. Celes -- Yeah. I'm not a Terra man, although, I didn't mind her. Celes floated my boat. Runic would effectively make me extremely happy and very angry at the same time; I'd use it to suck the Enemy's Magic down the drain, while forgetting she'd steal my Cure spells too. Man, that'd make me so mad sometimes. But yeah, I like Celes. 'Nuff said.

9. Lulu -- I guess. I was trying to avoid FFX. And I'm Positive I could find another two characters to knock her out, but why not? She's calm, collected, and a Black Mage. Not to mention she's a looker, too. :P

10. Kefka--Cid Highwind--Rosa Combo -- I could decide. So sue me. If I honestly had to pick one, I'd say Rosa. But then, Kefka was strangely cool, and had a pretty darn cool Boss Battle theme too; Dancing Mad. And Cid, well, come on, it's Cid. With a line like "Shut the 'heck' up and drink your 'Gosh Darn' tea.", how could you not like him? Really.

That about sums it up. I'm sure I forgot some that would knock others off of the list, but meh, it happens. It was more difficult than I had anticipated.

« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2003, 09:23:25 AM »
Hey, Vivi had a personality!

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven!”

« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2003, 05:45:03 PM »
hehe...its funny how Zidane taught Vivi how to pee of a cliff, hehe, that's the most personality ive ever seen in him.

Oh and thanks,Black Mage, my mind was drawing a blank

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2003, 12:28:07 PM »
 I meant to clear this up awhile ago, but I've a bad habit of, well, not doing them.

Anyways:

"I don't follow the series from the beginning, so I guess I am the kind of fan that black mage doesn't like. I still like ff7 though."

Despite my earlier comments, I do not hate people who do not follow the series. I believe I said something along the lines of "People who started with FF7", or something similar, but I have no quarrel with those who started the series at that game. A very large amount of people did, and don't get me wrong, Screech, I don't hate you for it.

What I had meant, was I dislike those who proclaim FFVII and the latter the best of the series, without having played the others. Also, those who dismiss the elder Final Fantasies due to their "poor quality" graphics.

Basically, I'm not a fan of those FFVII/VIII/IX/X/X-2 fanboys (and girls) who haven't given the earlier games a chance.

Heh, if they've played the older ones, and still prefer the new ones, then I'm fine with that. I don't mind.

Meh, just thought I'd clear that up.

« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2003, 05:41:07 PM »
hehe...this is my one hundredth post!!! so, im starting to get them up...well kinda. any way, i started with ff4...

oh and, Black Mage, do you have a sig??

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #39 on: September 02, 2003, 07:48:24 PM »
 I started with FFI, myself. But I hadn't played it until a couple years after its release.

A signature? No.

« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2003, 05:20:52 PM »
I love Final Fantasy. Almost as much as Resident Evil. My favorite is Final Fantasy VII.
:)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Die, father, die!

Edited by - Alucard on 9/13/2003 11:47:31 AM
"I hate people who quote themselves in there signatures"-Me

« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2003, 03:18:04 PM »
thats also my favorite game!! well, just in case you didn't read all the way through that boring banter we did...but a lot of it is interesting, like the story behind the masamune. oh, speaking of which, how do you say masamune. like ma sa myu ne or mase a mune?? its an argument me and screech have been going through, and until recently i have pronounced it the latter way...post your opinions!!

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #42 on: September 04, 2003, 06:40:34 PM »
 I pronounce it: Ma "sUH" Moon.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #43 on: September 04, 2003, 11:05:43 PM »
I pronounce it Mah-sah-muu-ne.

Which brings up a semi-related question: Black Mage, in Chrono Trigger, do you know what Masa and Mune were called in the Japanese version?

Darn. Just another mess o’ Chocolate Pan Dowdy.

Edited by - Chupperson Weird on 9/4/2003 10:07:13 PM
That was a joke.

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #44 on: September 05, 2003, 05:19:55 AM »
They were called "Grand" and "Lion". Although I had recently read that the sword was called "Grandleon". So, if that's the case, the latter would be called "Leon". I don't recall which is correct.

EDIT: Oh, and CW, I agree with your pronounciation. It seems I just hadn't spelled it out as well.

Edited by - Black Mage on 9/5/2003 4:11:13 PM

Print