Print

Author Topic: FINAL FANTASY FOREVER!!  (Read 16377 times)

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #45 on: September 05, 2003, 09:49:37 PM »
...This is interesting.
If you think about it, it'd be "Leon" either way, considering that the Japanese "I" is pronounced like American "E", so they may have just spelled it like it's pronounced, Englishly.

Darn. Just another mess o’ Chocolate Pan Dowdy.
That was a joke.

« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2003, 12:45:42 PM »
Which reminds me, Final Fantasy Tastics Advance is finally out for the GBA. Yay!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

You messed up my moose!-Rabbit
"I hate people who quote themselves in there signatures"-Me

« Reply #47 on: October 07, 2003, 03:35:53 PM »
wow it's been forever!! hehe sorry, well, i have played tactics advance and LOVE it!! It's awesome...even though i haven't made it very far yet :( well...

for the sake of time and making this short, here's an easily done critique..

graphics?good
gameplay?same
characters?different
sound?awesome

If winners never quit, and quitters never win, who made the saying "Quit while you''re still ahead"?

Edited by - gunblade88 on 10/7/2003 2:37:07 PM

« Reply #48 on: October 12, 2003, 06:24:38 PM »
if u want ps2 codes for ff10 or 9 or dark cloud 2 go to gameshark.com,codebreakers.com, or codejunkies.com they all work
I am a retard

« Reply #49 on: November 27, 2003, 07:31:21 PM »
in response to TTR i have found them since i started this topic and found it funner to just play the game normally, then play through with cheats...oh and I recently got FFXI...actually my bro bought it...and im not sure how to crutique it...in order to play, you have to pay for online...that is one major downside...plus my dad hates me playing online...graphics are GREAT for comp...unfortunately gameplay is weird...plus when you lag AT ALL, they immediately freeze your game...and one good thing is that the online thing translates the japanes to english so u can play with the good ole japs...hehe any way it costs 12 dollars a month...ya

If winners never quit, and quitters never win, who made the saying "Quit while you''re still ahead"?

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #50 on: November 27, 2003, 07:42:19 PM »
That's kind of funny, actually. When I had saw you post in your story's thread, I searched for this topic and read through it again. Low and behold, you had done the same.

Anyway, I, too, have purchased Final Fantasy XI. Preordered it, actually, but that doesn't matter.

I enjoy it very much. All except the music, that is. I wish Uematsu would return. Ah well.

The game itself is very nice. As you said, the controls have a steep learning curve, but once you become acquainted with them, they're actually quite convenient, with the macros and such.

The "PlayOnline" viewer is also nice, in a novelty sort of fashion. It reminds me so of the OS in .Hack. Truly neat to experience first hand.

As common with most MMORPGs, there is a monthly fee. $13.95, and an extra dollar for each Content ID (Character slot) purchased thereafter.

As for my personal character data:

PlayOnline Handle: Black Mage
 Character Name: Byuu
 Server: Odin
 Race: Hume
 Job: 19/07 Black Mage/White Mage (Currently)
 Home: Windurst

If you do play, even on another server, be sure to send me a message. I've got plenty of room on my Friend's list.

Edited by - Black Mage on 11/27/2003 5:47:41 PM

« Reply #51 on: November 28, 2003, 02:17:14 AM »
ill try when i actually get commited to this game. it seems interesting and ive only played for a short time...my brother recently revoked the 1 month free trial...with time ill get interested in it...but currently im interested in a game on PS2 called Summoner...it reminds me alot of FFXI

« Reply #52 on: November 28, 2003, 08:32:28 PM »
Hey, I finally caught drift of any info on Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles!

Because I think it would be an interesting game,I saw the info on sites and X-Play...

They say everyone that plays (up to 4 duh!) has to have a GBA and a Link Cable...I'm not sure why though...

Hey at least theres a multiplayer cooperative...if anyone happens to catch wind of the story, characters, etc...please post, that would be nice.

I'm pretty sure that the graphics for it will be nice and I'll be getting a GCN for Christmas so I'll probably end up buying it, only after knowing more about it.

Of course I (with the exception of Black Mage) am the only one who has actually played all and is interested in playing any new ones that come out...

Any way please post whatever you have(anyone!!)

If winners never quit, and quitters never win, what idiot made the saying "Quit while you''''re still ahead"?

Edited by - gunblade88 on 11/28/2003 6:55:16 PM

« Reply #53 on: December 10, 2003, 04:47:20 PM »
I finally played tales of phantasia!! its cool, i believe i will beat it soon

If winners never quit, and quitters never win, what idiot made the saying "Quit while you''''''''re still ahead"?

« Reply #54 on: December 11, 2003, 12:23:58 AM »
When did Uematsu leave the series? Who did the music for X-2?

my pathetic attempts at humor are fleeting

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #55 on: December 13, 2003, 09:53:25 PM »
I was about to ask the same question.

I wish I were sun at dusk. ... ... ... ... ......ha ha kidding.
That was a joke.

« Reply #56 on: December 14, 2003, 09:04:46 PM »
i think he did ffx and x-2, but not eleven for some reson that i dont know...

If winners never quit, and quitters never win, what idiot made the saying "Quit while you''''''''re still ahead"?

« Reply #57 on: December 27, 2003, 10:40:53 AM »
I've played FF X-2 and found that I rather enjoy it...alot. Which surprises me..i love the job wheel (techically its like the sphere thingy...but sooo much cooler) and the story plot is okay...just a continuation of FFX so the story i cant really give much credit...but the graphics??Ohhhh the graphics are sweet..and the voice acting is way better in this one than the first X. The musics okay...not exactly the best...and the characters are well uhhhh...if u like girls u like this game...period. My opinion about FFX remains...but i really like FFX-2...so sue me.

« Reply #58 on: December 27, 2003, 09:29:41 PM »
FFX-2 had better voice acting? AHHHHH! I've never seen FFX, but the X-2 voice acting scared me! If that's good...oh my.

Anyhow, on to the important news. I checked the manual and Uematsu did not do anything on X-2. Does he -only- do pure single-player single-numbered games or what? This theory makes the most sense.

my pathetic attempts at humor are fleeting

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #59 on: December 27, 2003, 10:03:39 PM »
 I've been told that the Japanese versions had superb voice overs, but then, that goes without saying, I'm sure.

The English Dubs were decent, I suppose. X-2's were a bit better than X's, but by no means were good. No sir. If you want good voice-acting, try Valkyrie Profile for the PS1. The English cast did a wonderful job.

The music in FFX-2, was terrible. Granted there were a few tracks that were nice, but the majority were sub-par of Uematsu's talent. Noriko Matsueda didn't impress me with FFXI's score, and I definitely wasn't impressed with FFX-2's. We can only hope for Uematsu's return with FFXII.

The graphics, sure, they were good. But then, I'd expect them to be on the PS2.

The plot. Eh.. I didn't enjoy FFX very much, and so FFX-2 started in the hole, so to speak. It wasn't too bad, I suppose, but at times it got a little too "Girl-power" for my tastes. And Paine, ugh, talk about a cliché role. Give me Rosa's damsel in distress any day. :)

Print