Print

Author Topic: Mario Advance 4, Starfox Adventures 2, and more!  (Read 11665 times)

« on: May 13, 2003, 12:27:31 PM »
I just went on Nintendonow.com, and according to some Japanese gaming magazine, Nintendo is making:
- Super Mario Advance 4: SMB3
- Starfox Adventures 2 (not to be confused with Namco's Starfox game)
- Mario and Luigi RPG
- Custom Robo GC
- Mario Party 5
and uh... I think that's it. Anyway, you should check it out, but the screenshots are small. Find out more at E3!

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2003, 12:51:22 PM »
^_^ Sweetness!!
Another Mario RPG!!! Yay!! And with Luigi!!!

--------------------
If things don''t go your way, just keep complaining until your dreams come true.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2003, 08:12:24 PM »
I couldn't find anything about any of those games on Nintendo.com or E3.  Where did you find your info?

http://www.nintendo.com/e32k3/index.jsp

Edited by - Luigison on 5/13/2003 7:15:14 PM
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2003, 08:26:28 PM »
He already said at Nintendonow.com. Click on the links to the pictures there. (There should be three of 'em.)

--------------------
If things don''t go your way, just keep complaining until your dreams come true.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2003, 08:37:23 PM »
Oh, my mistake.  Wow!  I hope all of this is try.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2003, 09:05:24 PM »
I can think of someone who'll be happy to hear about Star Fox Adventures 2 (if it has Krystal in it).

SMA4 sounds quite nice to me except for that fact that I'll probably never play it.

Lizard Dude’s sig is my favorite.
The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

Luigison

• Old Person™

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2003, 09:52:36 PM »
w00t w00t w00t w00t
OH YEAH BABY
KRYSTAL'S IN STAR FOX ARMADA
OH YEAH

...Hmm. Okay, this is kind of confusing, unless IGN is really messed up. They have all the info regarding Star Fox Armada and "Star Fox 2" in the same place. It looks to me like they're the same game... but NintendoNow.com seems to dispute this. Oh well... I'm sure it'll all be clarified soon enough...

Edited by - Chupperson WEIRD on 5/13/2003 8:59:05 PM
That was a joke.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2003, 09:56:56 PM »
I expected you to be a *cough* little excited about that.

http://www.sm128c.com/ also has some pics and info on the E3 Mario games.

I can hardly believe SMB3 is coming to the GBA and we are getting a all new Mario and Luigi RPG game.

Deezer will probably add more info to TMK soon.  

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2003, 10:19:42 PM »
As great as this all seems, I'm finding myself a little bit skeptical. That Mario and Luigi thing looks a little too un-stylized for Mario... that Zelda thing seems too ...something, and "Star Fox 2" just looks a little suspicious, but I guess since it's all on IGN, it's legit.

EDIT: Hmm. After further investigation at IGN, I've determined that "Star Fox 2" and "Star Fox Armada" are one and the same. Apparently it's not called Star Fox Armada after all. Whatever it's called, it looks like it's gonna be good!

Edited by - Chupperson WEIRD on 5/13/2003 9:36:49 PM
That was a joke.

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2003, 01:08:36 AM »
Yeah I heard MP5 was online. That Mario Bros.RPG sounds good.

Finally,I own Wind Waker.
Praise the Lord!
Find your inner monkey.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2003, 12:08:17 PM »
Ah. It is all explained in this snippet from Nintendo's E3 site:
(Well, at least the Star Fox stuff is.)
"A few years after disaster was barely averted on Dinosaur Planet, Lylat Central Command gets wind of a new threat spreading throughout the solar system. The Star Fox team is sent in to engage this new enemy but what begins as a standard combat mission quickly takes a drastic turn. Classic team members, Fox McCloud, Slippy Toad, Peppy Hare and Falco Lombardi, join forces with some new faces to create the most formidable team in the history of this celebrated series: the Star Fox armada!"
Note the last sentence. Hmm...
That was a joke.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2003, 12:55:04 AM »
Dude. The Star Fox footage from IGN is astounding. It even shows Krystal in an Arwing. Woah.
But I'll be darned if that's not Prince Tricky's voice as Fox.
That was a joke.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2003, 09:16:26 AM »
Mario and Luigi are together in an all new adventure for Game Boy Advance...
 Donkey Kong Country is being remade for Game Boy Advance (albiet without Rare's guidance)...
The classic Super Mario Bros. 3 is being remade for Game Boy Advance...
Mario Kart is back, with all-new enhancements and features...
StarFox is back in an all-new adventure...
How much more "Nintendo" could you ask for?!

Edited by - Mario Maniac on 5/15/2003 8:18:17 AM
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2003, 09:05:24 PM »
"Donkey Kong Country is being remade for Game Boy Advance (albiet without Rare's guidance)..."
Dude. Rare is still making games for GBA.

All I can say is... Nintendo's sure crankin' 'em out these days. w00t
That was a joke.

Print