Print

Author Topic: Mario Advance 4, Starfox Adventures 2, and more!  (Read 11666 times)

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #45 on: May 19, 2003, 05:58:54 AM »
Umm, Diddy Kong Pilot? I thought the Donkey Kong games were no longer being made by Rare, because Nintendo no longer wants Rare to make Donkey Kong games... That's why Nintendo is remaking the Super NES Donkey Kong Country for Game Boy Advance WITHOUT Rare's guidance...

People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don''t like Nintendo obviously don''t like video games.
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #46 on: May 19, 2003, 06:01:08 AM »
Besides, about what I had said earlier... Microsoft hates Nintendo; why would they allow their own affiliate company (Rare) to make games for their arch rival (Nintendo)...even on their Game Boy system?

People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don''t like Nintendo obviously don''t like video games.
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #47 on: May 19, 2003, 11:58:39 PM »
Mario Maniac, face it. You're wrong this time.
I seriously doubt that there is any "hate" involved. It's business, and will never be anything more than business.
Now, I suppose you still don't believe me, so just wait until the games are released. Then, if you still don't believe me, go see a shrink.
That was a joke.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #48 on: May 20, 2003, 06:23:23 AM »
Why would two now-rival companies join forces to create a game together? Especially a rival like Microsoft, who has admitted to hating Nintendo. Microsoft also admitted to having Rare develop games exclusive to their system(s) only.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #49 on: May 20, 2003, 06:27:38 AM »
Also, Nintendo has never mentioned having Rare make games for them again... Those titles you mentioned earlier were cancelled when Microsoft bought Rare. I think Nintendo is remaking DK Country solo, by themselves, without any developer support... Now do you get my point?

Just stop denying the truth Chupperson, Microsoft would NEVER want one of their companies to develop for their rival; this also goes for Nintendo. That's why Shigeru Miyamoto has never made a game for any other company besides Nintendo...

Jman

• Score
« Reply #50 on: May 20, 2003, 06:57:16 AM »
About the whole "hate" thing.  That is only among some gamers, not among companies.
I saw some screenshots for Mario and Luigi RPG.  I think they could have used better graphic style than PM.  Super Mario Bros. 3 looks really good on the GBA.

« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 10:40:35 PM by Jman »
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #51 on: May 20, 2003, 10:29:15 AM »
Yes, Super Mario Bros. 3 looks even better than the Super NES version! The graphics look much brighter and clearer than the original version...

I think I should just drop the Microsoft versus Nintendo thing, because it's starting to get out of control...

ANYWAYS... I am really glad that Nintendo is bringing back these major franchises (Metroid, Kirby, Donkey Kong, etc.) because many of us Nintendo fans have been wondering what happened to these old franchises (especially Metroid). Metroid: Zero Mission (for Game Boy Advance) looks very cool, with updated graphics in the style of Super Metroid!

Super Mario Bros. 3 on Game Boy! Super Mario Bros. 3 on Game Boy! Super Mario Bros. 3 on Game Boy! Super Mario Bros. 3 on Game Boy! Super Mario Bros. 3 on Game Boy! Super Mario Bros. 3 on Game Boy! Super Mario Bros. 3 on Game Boy! Super Mario Bros. 3 on Game Boy! Super Mario Bros. 3 on Game Boy! Super Mario Bros. 3 on Game Boy! Super Mario Bros. 3 on Game Boy! Super Mario Bros. 3 on Game Boy! Super Mario Bros. 3 on Game Boy! Super Mario Bros. 3 on Game Boy! Super Mario Bros. 3 on Game Boy! Super Mario Bros. 3 on Game Boy! Super Mario Bros. 3 on Game Boy!
...I can't wait!

Edited by - Chupperson WEIRD on 5/20/2003 8:05:37 PM

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #52 on: May 20, 2003, 08:41:06 PM »
"Just stop denying the truth, Chupperson..."

This has nothing to do with me, personally.

I couldn't care less either way. It's the fact that something I already know is being disputed, and disputed purely on your speculation, with no evidence to support your argument.

"That's why Shigeru Miyamoto has never made a game for any other company besides Nintendo..."

No, it's because Shiggy works for Nintendo...

Anyway, since you're being so thick about this, go here. That's where I'm getting my info on Rare.

Now, if you don't believe that, that's fine. But their info seems to be right on most of the time. Now, I don't care if you believe their information or not, but I don't wish to hear any more on it, and especially you trying to make me accept the "truth," which you don't even have any evidence of. You're starting to make me mad.

Edited by - Chupperson WEIRD on 5/20/2003 7:52:30 PM

That was a joke.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #53 on: May 24, 2003, 02:05:53 PM »
More "Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3" Pictures:

http://www.gamespot.com/gba/action/supermarioadvance4/screenindex.html
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #54 on: May 24, 2003, 04:31:07 PM »

Edited by - Luigison on 5/24/2003 3:34:07 PM
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #55 on: May 24, 2003, 04:32:14 PM »
There are some images from unused levels in the NES SMB3 at

http://www.nes-site.com/articles/article_09.shtml

Maybe these levels will be in SMA4:SMB3.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #56 on: May 24, 2003, 09:15:11 PM »
I actually have a hacked ROM where someone changed the pointers on the map screens and directed them to the unused levels. They're cool, and I don't know why they didn't use them. Perhaps they thought they were too similar to the levels they already used...
That was a joke.

« Reply #57 on: May 24, 2003, 09:30:21 PM »
hey could you send that to me CW?

It‘s-a me, Marionut#1!
It's-a me, Marionut#1!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #58 on: May 24, 2003, 09:31:26 PM »
Uhh... sure thing.
That was a joke.

« Reply #59 on: May 24, 2003, 09:44:22 PM »
Thanks CW