Print

Author Topic: Sad news for Mario fans.  (Read 12630 times)

« on: June 12, 2003, 12:32:20 PM »
http://n-philes.com/php/epvuevaalkeayyufuapa.php

The new president of Nintendo wants to replace Mario and Poke'mon with new mascots!
I'm not sure if they are going to stop making games or what, but this can't be good.

Thanks alot Nintendo, you had your own unique thing going on and now you're trying to be like all the other companies.
I ignored the rules about signatures, therefore I am most likely a spam account.

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2003, 12:50:32 PM »
*kills new president of Nintendo* That puts a stop to that.

It''s ah me Marioguy! I''m also the master of Tetris Attack!
I HATE JON!!! He betrayed me. So now everyone can have his picture.

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2003, 12:56:24 PM »
Well, the Pokemon thing is good BUT NOT WITH MARIO!!! I actually for once agree with marioguy! Kill new president of Nintendo!
-----------------------------
Mario likes to dance in his backwards pants! Yay!

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2003, 01:26:03 PM »
I like Pokémon. The only reason that Pokémon is going to be replaced is because Ruby and Saphire are awful.

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2003, 01:28:17 PM »
Wow, this has got to be a first, but I too actually agree with Marioguy...If that Jerk Iwant­water or what ever his name is succeeds, then Im gonna boycott Nintendo products...maybe even buy an Xbox...well I might not go THAT far...

It‘s-a me, Marionut#1!

Edited by - Marionut#1 on 6/15/2003 7:41:48 PM
It's-a me, Marionut#1!

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2003, 03:01:53 PM »
You people don't understand. What Satoru Iwata is trying to do is create new franchises with more of an "adult" theme, in order to compete with Playstation 2 and X-Box. They're still going to make Mario and Pokemon games, but they'll stop using Mario and Pokemon as "mascots". And why do you all hate Pokemon? It's not that bad.

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2003, 04:07:38 PM »
Pokémon is not bad, it's awesome! XBOX's one and only reason for surviving is Halo. Come on people destroy Nintendo's new president's house!

Jman

• Score
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2003, 04:26:36 PM »
Marioguy's right.  Nintendo has Mario, and Kirby, and Pokemon and the Legend of Zelda games.  Don't forget about Luigi and all the other characters.  Nintendo has more than enough characters to back them up.  Does Xbox even have a mascot yet?

p.s.: When did this new president get elected anyway?  If he gets rid of Mario, I'm giving him an angry e-mail.

"You can''t kill a real American hero, you rube!
--Zok the Alien, my original character.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2006, 01:28:30 PM by Jman »
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2003, 04:30:15 PM »
And plus, if they do stop making Mario games, think of the fans they'll lose.  If they quit making all the games that made them famous(Mario, Luigi, Pokemon, LOZ, and others.) will they lose their entire fanbase.

"You can''t kill a real American hero, you rube!
--Zok the Alien, my original character.

Edited by - Jman on 6/12/2003 3:31:36 PM

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2003, 04:41:57 PM »
I think the second this guy gets elected, there will be an angry mob with guns and they'll shoot him! Ok, I'm just being hyperthetical. But still! They shouldn't make Nintendo's mascot go from Mario to the Doom character(if you get what I mean).
Miyamoto's going to have a fit-his character won't be mascot anymore!
I agree on sending an 'evil' email to this new guy if he changes mascots...

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2003, 09:04:20 PM »
Geez. You don't understand how nice and considerate Shiggy is.
But anyway, this is pretty stupid. Mario's been Nintendo's mascot for 22 years!!! AUGH!
That was a joke.

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2003, 09:15:59 PM »
Who's Shiggy? Shigeru Miyamoto? Just call him "Spagetti and Meatballs". The names sound the same and it's just easier to remember.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2003, 09:39:34 PM »
"Who's Shiggy? Shigeru Miyamoto?"
--Yes. Who else?

"Just call him "Spagetti and Meatballs"."
--That sounds retarded. Plus it takes longer to say/type. And it's actually spelled "spagHetti." :P

--------------------
Deep inside us all is a little green elf telling us to burn things.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2003, 11:32:49 PM »
Spaghetti & Meatballs is retarded.
I think the mascot for XBox is the Master Chief (The guy you use in Halo)

The wind....
It is blowing....
Find your inner monkey.

« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2003, 09:28:09 AM »
Master Chief? I thought he was Master CHEF! *ba dum ching!* Anyway, I don't think Spaghetti and Meatballs will be too mad about Mario not being Nintendo's main mascot, because

A) For a business move, it's a pretty good idea. I mean, if you were a self-concious teenager who always acted "cool" in front of his "friends", would you want to buy a system with a cool-looking guy holding some kinda weapon as the mascot, or a system with a chubby, loveable short Italian guy wearing bright clothes and yells whenever you press the jump button? (Personally, I'd go with the Italian guy, but I'm very different from most of my peers.) And,

B) Spaghetti and Meatballs will most likely be the one who creates this new mascot, as he creates almost all of the new characters on Nintendo systems anyway.

« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2003, 08:59:51 AM »
English is difficult to understand to me.
But This much is say.
Mario should be more raised!

« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2003, 09:00:50 AM »
English is difficult to understand to me.
But This much is say.
Mario should be more raised!

Jman

• Score
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2003, 12:13:57 PM »
What?

« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 10:39:19 PM by Jman »

RPG

« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2003, 12:38:00 PM »
No! Don't get rid of Mario! It's the most important character for Nintendo.

The pokemon is too childish for games.

Keep the Mario games for more years.
Paul Bateson

« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2003, 12:49:11 PM »
The show is for children, but the games are fun. My friend hates Pokémon, but when he started playing my Ruby he couldn't stop.

It''s ah me marioguy! I''m the master of Tetris Attack.

« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2003, 02:50:23 PM »
This is what I say:
Yes, make this new character.
No, don't make him Nintendo's BIGGEST mascot. Mario should stay as the inner circle of Nintendo, not some new adult-like guy. A mascot that's been a mascot for 22 years can't, I repeat, can't be replaced. Mario's been out for too long to be in lower aspects. He shall always be the King of the Hill for Nintendo. This new guy should be just as high on the mountain (figuratively) as Zelda, Pokemon and all those others. If Speghetti and Meatballs is going to think up of the new Nintendo man then I don't think he'll push his Italian Jumpman down the stairs a little. MARIO WILL STAY!
Enough said.

Edited by - gamemaster79 on 6/14/2003 2:36:20 PM

« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2003, 09:55:39 AM »
What if they make an "adult" version of Mario. Then he'll get married to Peach, and their house will be destroyed (while they're away) by Bowser, (now has nukes) and starts a war and destroys the world.

« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2003, 05:42:52 PM »
That is one of the stupidest ideas I have ever heard. And also, one of the Nintendo represenatives at E3 said that "...and Mario will never shoot hookers.", meaning Mario won't star in adult games.

« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2003, 07:12:01 PM »
som1 trow a big ball of pooo at dat new president and kill him mario must live on!
 I always have the latest info.Did you know that I farted?PPPPPPHHHHMmmmmmmmmhhh!!

« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2003, 08:09:15 PM »
*kills stupidmonkey*

RPG

« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2003, 01:13:27 AM »
Why new presdient hate Mario?

No offence gamemaster79! Keep the Mario without a new character.

I have been fan of Mario for 14 yrs.
Paul Bateson

« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2003, 04:01:15 AM »
Master chef...hehehehehehehe.
Ummm..if Marios going to be more adult,will Mario have a double shottie,& will the Koopas have pistols and Mario's gotta hide behind corners to dodge bullets,he should do what they do on Max Payne,where Max does slo-mo while hes shooting Nazis.Very Nice.

The wind....
It is blowing....
Find your inner monkey.

« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2003, 06:06:08 AM »
If Mario gets replaced with some cheap killing machine,I'll go completely insane!Mario rrules above all!If he is replaced with like kirby,link,samus,etc.I wounden't care as much,but still I'd be mad.

BTW I own Poke'mon Gold and it was a well-balenced game,untill I caught all 251 poke'mon.then it beacame stupid.basicly what I am trying to say is:people play Poke'mon games,they think it is fun  at first,and when they are done with it,they forget it exists
Insanity has its limits...BUT NOT ON ME!NEHEHEHAHAHAHAHA!!

« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2003, 11:09:13 AM »
Am I the only one who approves of this new mascot? I mean, it's not like Mario will be gone forever, it's just that he'll be, say, second in command to this new guy. Or girl. Personally, I'd be happy if Pious Augustus would be the new mascot.

They are so gotdang the same. I offer one of them ice cream cone, they both say yes. How in the hayol?

« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2003, 11:13:00 AM »
Cool ... adult Mario! With guns and ... (You are all retards. Mario is meant to be colourful and kid-friendly. Miyamoto-san isn't *that* crazy.)

All Jaffa Cake haters must be exterminated immediately.
"Blue, start over. Yellow is caution. Red is danger."

« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2003, 12:13:38 AM »
Someone got to put a bazooka to the new Nintendo president's head and a grenade down his throat.

Mom:Honey, what is that loud sound? Me:Uh, nothing, Mom! *goes back to smashing X-Box*

Edited by - nintendofreak on 8/10/2003 5:29:54 PM
Deezer was here.

« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2003, 12:27:02 PM »
Don't you remember marioguy already killed him.

I''m the master of Mario and Pokémon!

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2003, 06:32:55 PM »
Who is the idiot who heard this rumor anyway? It is obviously false, so don't believe that Mario is going to be replaced by a new mascot. Nintendo would never be that stupid or foolish... Jeeze...

Edited by - Mario Maniac on 8/9/2003 5:34:39 PM

People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2003, 06:43:27 PM »
Yeah.  Why would Nintendo be so stupid that they stop making Mario games?  If they did that?  PS2 would win for sure.  But xbox would still suck.

Proud to be an American!

« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2003, 07:13:27 PM »
MEGABYTE said (in super mailbag 128) that the rumor was the result af a bad japanese translater,they meant to say as popular not replace

No one in the world is Beauti ful, Just some people are uglier than others
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2003, 08:13:08 PM »
Get rid of Mario??? That is either a rumor or that guy is the stupidest <edit> person on the planet. Mario is the face of Nintendo.When you think of Disney you think of Mickey Mouse. When you think of Sega you think of Sonic. When you think of Nintendo you think of Mario. Getting rid of Mario would be Nintendo's downfall. I haven't played it since 6th grade but I think pokemon is going out of style anyway so let them get rid of it.

Mario is overrated Luigi rules all!!

~Dude, what's your problem?! Watch your language! Seriously! You REALLY don't want to have me on your bad side...
~Sapph

Edited by - Sapphira on 8/10/2003 11:29:55 AM

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2003, 08:48:22 PM »
What are you guys nuts?! Listen to what you're saying! Kill the new president? You guys are a little too hyper I think. Take a break then read what you klunatics are saying. Like they said, they're not replacing Mario and Pokemon! They are simply looking for a new one that can join Mario and Pokemon. Not replace. Now calm down and stop drinking so much coffee. Don't worry. What do you think Nintendo is? Stupid? They're not Microsoft. They'd never do something that rediculous.
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2003, 08:52:15 PM »
read worst luigi storys. its halaryios!

Whith a brother like monkey die and a frend like dark king, who neads eenemies?
-uvg, the ultimet video gamer.
:D

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2003, 01:49:29 PM »
I got editted with extreme prejudice.

Time slowed and Reality bent.
But on and on the Eggman went.

« Reply #39 on: August 10, 2003, 03:26:13 PM »
THANK YOU, Meowrik. At least SOMEbody understands why this move is good.

« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2003, 03:31:40 PM »
~Seriously, stop. I can get you banned, you know.
~Sapph

Edited by - Sapphira on 8/10/2003 2:58:43 PM
:D

« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2003, 06:31:28 PM »
What did uvg say?

Mom:Honey, what is that loud sound? Me:Uh, nothing, Mom! *goes back to smashing X-Box*
Deezer was here.

« Reply #42 on: August 10, 2003, 06:39:22 PM »
All in all, it's pretty safe to say that Mario will not be replaced (yes!)

And I agree, XBOX sucks.
NINTENDO: 100 pts. XBOX: ZIP

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #43 on: August 10, 2003, 06:44:27 PM »
Uvg said something stupid obviouslly, so Saphira, being the moderator, can edit people's messages. So she probably saw him do something stupid, so she editted it, and said to him to stop or she'll ban him. He didn't actually say that post.

------------------------------
It is I! Meowrik! The half  cat, half Erik Video Game Geek!
 We're the Mario Bros. and plumbing's our game! We're not like the others who get all the fame. If your sink is in trouble you can call us on the double! We're faster than the others you'll get hooked on the brothers!

Edited by - Meowrik on 8/10/2003 5:47:04 PM
= = = = = = =

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #44 on: August 10, 2003, 06:58:19 PM »
uvg posted some random nonsense that took up most of the screen.

--------------------
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Yos

« Reply #45 on: August 10, 2003, 07:21:15 PM »
Hmm, after looking through this, it's good to hear Mario won't be replaced, but on the other systems, "X"-BOX has Master Cheif (Halo), and I have no clue what Sony has....

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #46 on: August 10, 2003, 09:08:44 PM »
Hmm...At one point I'd have said that Crash Bandicoot was Sony's mascot, but now he's no longer a Playstation character. He's on Gameboy Advance and Gamecube. Jeeze. Sony and Microsoft are so dumb. What's wrong with them?!

------------------------------
It is I! Meowrik! The half  cat, half Erik Video Game Geek!
 We''''''''re the Mario Bros. and plumbing''''''''s our game! We''''''''re not like the others who get all the fame. If your sink is in trouble you can call us on the double! We''''''''re faster than the others you''''''''ll get hooked on the brothers!
= = = = = = =

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #47 on: August 10, 2003, 09:33:56 PM »
Girls are nasty when they're mad.  Editing their post is bad enough, you don't have to yell at them in complete sentences.  Just say, 'don't swear' or 'shut up'.
Anyway, If the new Pres gets rid of Mario as the Mascot, they should keep Zelda, since he's more MATURE.

Hamster Sauce!
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #48 on: August 11, 2003, 01:21:53 AM »
The new president should keep Mario and get rid of Zelda because Zelda is overrated.

Edited by - nintendofreak on 8/11/2003 12:27:32 AM

Deezer was here.

« Reply #49 on: August 11, 2003, 01:21:59 AM »

Edited by - nintendofreak on 8/11/2003 12:22:33 AM
Deezer was here.

« Reply #50 on: August 11, 2003, 08:25:43 AM »
In response to what I've read in the previous posts...

1) I am upset that Mario would be replaced as a mascot, because it's nice to see him on almost every Nintendo product

2) It would be nice to see a new mascot, just so long as Nintendo realizes that Mario should come first. I don't see how anything they come up with now can be unique enough to win over more fans than Mario already has. But maybe they'll surprise me.

3) As far as I know, teenagers don't have a problem with Mario. Sure, only about 5% of them are big fans, or 'obsessive,' but still, I've had plenty of kids my age over to my house, and they had no problem playing Mario Party or Super Smash Bros.

4) How is the Legend of Zelda series overrated? It's easily Nintendo's best RPG series, and is pretty much up there, for me, with the Final Fantasy games. Paper Mario and Super Mario RPG rank up there, too...

See how the mustache hides the slightly sad smile... and the sideburns, portraying his simple, blue-collar roots... and his legs, thick, wide, the legs of the masses!
Kickin' it since 2000.

« Reply #51 on: August 11, 2003, 10:34:43 AM »
I agree with Super Mario.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #52 on: August 11, 2003, 10:52:49 AM »
Hi

Hamster Sauce!

Edited by - Markio on 8/11/2003 9:55:27 AM

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #53 on: August 11, 2003, 10:54:52 AM »
Bi-post

Hamster Sauce!

Edited by - Markio on 8/11/2003 9:58:01 AM

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #54 on: August 11, 2003, 10:59:18 AM »
Tri-post

Edited by - Markio on 8/11/2003 10:00:13 AM

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #55 on: August 11, 2003, 10:59:46 AM »

Edited by - Sapphira on 8/11/2003 10:01:39 AM

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #56 on: August 11, 2003, 01:40:21 PM »
Hey! I didn't edit that! Right now is the first time I've been on all day!

--------------------

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #57 on: August 11, 2003, 02:26:34 PM »
Heeheeheehee...

Hamster Sauce!

« Reply #58 on: August 20, 2003, 08:12:05 AM »
...right. Um, leemee just say right now, I hope they don't replace the great Mushroom Man and the only Nintendo character I wouldn't mind to take Mario's place is Kirby. KIRBY ROCKS!!! But there's no good forum for Kirby so I ended up coming here. Whoopies! Gotta say stuff 'bout this topic! Um, so yeah. Don't replace Mario, and if you REALLY have to, (like a gun pointed at your head) change it to Kirby.

It''s-a-me! NeoMario!
It''s-a-me! NeoMario!

« Reply #59 on: August 20, 2003, 02:46:09 PM »
Mario should NEVER be replaced by any character, not even Kirby. If I were president of Nintendo, I would let the guy shoot me in the head than replace Mario. Kirby SUCKS!! Really! He sucks the enemy and gets their powers!

Edited by - NiNtEnDoFrEaK on 8/20/2003 1:47:01 PM
Deezer was here.

« Reply #60 on: August 20, 2003, 05:05:08 PM »
Man... t first, I thought you meant Kirby really sucks!  Now I think pokemon is real underated.  Come to think of it, nintendo is underated!  But if those "mature gamers" think nintendo is "gay"  the new F-Zero will surely change their minds!

When Bart watches Itchy & Scratchy, how does he know he''s watching a cartoon and not real animals?

« Reply #61 on: August 20, 2003, 05:23:10 PM »
Those "mature gamers" will say the GameCube is gay because of its color, no matter how much better the GameCube's games are than X-Butt's or the PeeS2's games.
Deezer was here.

« Reply #62 on: October 02, 2003, 05:03:22 PM »
Nintendo should kick him out!!
Mario pulled vids out of the hole of bein destroyed! Someone should tell him that! He must not no Nintendo history!

Hey everyone,PS2 SUCKS![Notice the capital "S" in PS2 SUCKS because PS2 SUCKS!Also notice the capital letters in PS2 SUCKS!because PS2 SUCKS!!!

« Reply #63 on: October 08, 2003, 07:06:29 AM »
Since when were Pokémon the major mascots at Nintendo?

I am a pure Super Mario lover!!
...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!
I will even drawn the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!
I am a pure Super Mario lover!! ...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!
I will even draw the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!

Print