Print

Author Topic: Why does every1 hate pokemon  (Read 12747 times)

« on: July 07, 2003, 06:59:28 PM »
Ok the show sucks, but the games and cards are fun.  why dont you try the games.  U no there fun.  And ur complaining on how the xbox fans say mario is gay and a kiddy game, but ur saying the same thing about pokemon (almost!)Be kind to ur electric rats!

"I go to many oversea places, like Canada."- Britany Spears

Edited by - very_shy_guy29 on 7/7/2003 6:01:06 PM

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2003, 07:15:02 PM »
 Ya know, you almost made a very good point, at the end of your first paragraph.

However, I can answer for most of these people.

When Pokémon first came about, they all played the games and watched the show. Boy, was it fun. They had a great time playing cards, and battling their little pocket pals.

All was good for awhile. Pokémon was popular, everyone enjoyed it. In fact, everyone, except for a few, really loved it.

But then, time moved on. The fad wavered in strength, the popularity was dying down. Suddenly, people began to realize how much money they spent on their former pocket companions.

The realization led to anger, anger led to hate, and hate led to, well, more hate. You see, suddenly, it became cool to hate everything Pocket Monsters. Pikachu went from being everybody's best friend to public enemy number one. Who cares if the games were fun, it's cool to hate!

Some won't admit ever liking Pokémon, some will. Some have disliked it all along. It saddens me, really, the first games were actually quite fun, solid RPGs. I mean, that's what counts right?

I'm on the outside looking in; I don't hate Pokémon, but I never loved it, either. I played the games, and I had fun. Feh, if you want to hate it, go ahead, if you like it, hey, I don't mind. Just have fun, either way, while respecting each other's opinions.

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2003, 08:07:55 PM »
I dont hate it! But I do get made fun of for liking it! I wish it was popular again!!!

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2003, 08:16:15 PM »
Yes, fads I understand.  But some people on this board seem to REALLY hate pokemon!  They act like it's not a real nintendo game!  All Im saying is pokemon deserves more respect.  (no matter how corny it sounds!)

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2003, 09:53:33 AM »
If you're talking about me because I started that stupid Anti-Pokemon Story, then maybe it's time I explain that a little better.

When Pokemon first started I was one of the few people who didn't buy into it. Then one of my friends got me into it. And now I realise that I was toataly stupid for doing so. And I am not able to look back on it and laugh. I think of how much money and time I wasted. And how much money/time I made my mom waste, and it sickens me.

I have heard of the evils that Pokemon bring out in people. I heard on the news about a stabing over a Pokemon card. My friend stole Pokemon cards from his other friends.

This is what really told me that Pokemon really brought out the worst of children. And I just simply hate those stupid things now. And besides they're fun to kill.

Edited by - Dr. Mario on 7/8/2003 11:17:27 AM

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2003, 12:13:09 PM »
 That explanation doesn't really please me. Mainly because you're blindly placing the blame.

"I have heard of the evils of Pokemon. I heard on the news about a stabbing over a Pokemon card. My friend stole Pokemon cards from his other friends. "

Yes, you see, you're blaming Pokémon for what your friends did. Pokémon didn't make them do such things, they chose to do it on their own. It's temptation, buddy.

It seems you hate Pokémon because of that. Well, I'll tell you what. Those little guys didn't advertise themselves. They had a little help, from a company we call Nintendo. If you're hate should be placed anywhere, should it not be on those who persuaded you to waste your money? Nah.

"This is what really told me that Pokemon really brought out the worst of children. And I just simply hate those stupid things now."

You've proven the point I was making in my first post. However, if you think this way, then I can give you something else you should hate. Religion. Religion has brought out the worst in people. It doesn't range from simple theft, and even stabbing, though. One thing that comes to mind were those Crusades. You know, millions of people slaughtered, all in the name of God. Ah, that sounds a lot like modern times! Israel Versus Palestine! The Jews Versus The Muslims!

People are dying there every day over this conflict. Why? Because they can't get along. I'm not going into the details of the situation, as I'm sure most of you are aware of such things, but my point is simple. You hate Pokémon because you've seen the "evils" they cause. However, it's not Pokémon causing such things, it's the people involved in it. It simply acts as a stimulus, something which ANYTHING can be, if one strongly believes in it.

To put it simply, to hate Pokémon, Religion, or anything else, for those reasons, is simply narrowminded. You're placing such feelings in the wrong place.

Hm, that came out a bit more jumbled than I would have liked, but I think it's understandable.

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2003, 12:16:33 PM »
YOu misunderstand me. I wasn't really balming Pokemon for those things. I was saying them to point out that they bring out the evil in poeople. Pokemon is not directly responsible, but it brought out what my friend felt was the need to steal the cards,  and what that kid on the news felt was the need to stab his friend.

Edited by - Dr. Mario on 7/8/2003 11:22:49 AM

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2003, 12:33:54 PM »
 Alright, that's fine. My mistake.

However, if that is not the reason you hate them so much, I fail to find a reason in your post.

That is, unless of course, you hate it, because you spent so much money.

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2003, 01:09:10 PM »
Whoa, Black Mage is good at explaining things!

-----------------------------
Mario likes to dance in his backwards pants!
-----------------------------
Mario likes to dance in his backwards pants! Yay!

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2003, 01:38:30 PM »
 I don't really like pokémon, but if someones around that does I just go with the flow.

*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*

gone crazy! be back later
Kip: Napoleon, don''t be jealous that I''ve been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I''m training to be a cage fighter.

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2003, 08:20:58 PM »
"However, if that is not the reason you hate them so much, I fail to find a reason in your post."

I felt that very_shy_guy29 was adressing me in perticular, because I started the Anti-Pokemon Story thread.

Edited by - Dr. Mario on 7/8/2003 7:22:41 PM

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2003, 02:59:45 PM »
Not only that, but they also acted like they weren't nintendo characters on the what if mario died topic.  And ten years later, well all be saying "and I thought about all the money I wasted on mario games and products"
And most of the time, when fads pass, they're frogotten.  But according to the "what if mario died" and "The anti-pokemon story" topics you hated it.

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2003, 04:29:37 PM »
I am one of the few people who still like pokemon.I don't like the cards or the T.V show,but the games rock.
Deezer was here.

« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2003, 06:44:49 PM »
I never quit liking it.

[this signature was deleted by an angry spoon]
[this signature was deleted by an angry spoon]

Jman

• Score
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2003, 09:15:38 PM »
Most people hate Pokemon because, not to offend anyone, but it's just stupid!  Did you know that 4Kids ruined Pokemon?  I read on a website that Pokemon could have been so much more popular, if they hadn't made it so dumb, unintelligent, and kiddy.

The master of multiplayer Mario games: You''re looking at him right now!
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

Print