Print

Author Topic: Top 10 Reasons GCN beats the pants off PS2 & Xbox!  (Read 26216 times)

« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2003, 04:41:40 PM »
Sorry 4 replying to an old topic... Black Mage, when u first picked up a PS2 controller, didn't u find it hard to controll?  Almost every system uses the standard ABXY.  Wasn't the switch 2 shapes from letters (or numbers) unconfortable at first?  Or the 2 L&R buttons or anlog sticks also unconfortable?

"I go to many oversea places, like Canada."- Britany Spears

« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2003, 06:36:35 PM »
Yeah, I'd say I prefer GC to Play-With-Yourself-Station 2 and Bleech-Box. Mainly because I grew up playing Nintendo, and it has, in my opinion, the best games. While Black Mage DID list 16 exclusive PS2 titles, most of those were RPGs, and I don't care much for RPGs. Except for a few. Like Mario RPG. That game was fun. I just beat it today, by the way. Oh yeah, back to what I was saying...

Basically, these are the only PS2 titles I have a remote intrest of playing:
Mega Man X7
Kingdom Hearts
Shinobi
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City

As for X-Box, the only one that seems mildly appealing is Halo, but I played it at some kid's house and it really isn't that fun.

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2003, 09:15:33 PM »
"I figure that while the article is a bit cheezy, Nintendo's getting beaten in the slammage department, and perhaps thought they should slam back. I mean, they could be polite forever like they have been, but chances are they'd just lose more "respect" from "mature" gamers. If it helps to be more aggressive, then I'm all for it, even if it comes off a bit ludicrous. "

I'm all for aggressiveness. However, to push aside your morals to do it, is something I'm not for. Nintendo has always been good about it's conduct. Even if they did lose respect from some "mature" gamers, they sure could gain some from other "mature" gamers. If a person is to dislike a system because someone else said so, then they shouldn't be playing it anyways.

"Black Mage, when u first picked up a PS2 controller, didn't u find it hard to controll? Almost every system uses the standard ABXY. Wasn't the switch 2 shapes from letters (or numbers) unconfortable at first? Or the 2 L&R buttons or anlog sticks also unconfortable?"

Why, yes, I did find it quite the adjustment when it was first released. Yet, that was when it was first released. After a short time, it becomes second nature.

My point about the GCN controller was that it wasn't perfect. Yes, if you use that D-pad, you become accustomed to that as well, however, all I was saying was that it wasn't as perfect as that article had made it seem.

The PSX controller has too many buttons? Pfft. I remember thinking that when the SNES controller came out.

About the ABXY setup, I can give you another example of a change. Don't you remember when controllers only had a D-Pad? The N64 brought the Control Stick into light, and forced the D-pad to play second fiddle. You see, just because it's different, doesn't make it bad.

Edited by - Black Mage on 7/12/2003 8:17:47 PM

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2003, 09:56:15 PM »
"If a person is to dislike a system because someone else said so, then they shouldn't be playing it anyways."
I quite agree, but that seems to be the main reason people are playing PS2 and not GCN these days.
That was a joke.

« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2003, 02:24:09 PM »
the PS2 was a very long waited for system,
 my uncle had one pre-ordered months before they came out, so did almost every one else I know. But I dont know a single person besides me who couldnt wait for the GCN.
or the x- box realy eather. and people just dont give up sayn things like your gamecube games are stupid, can I play your playstation? or can I play your computer instead? any time I get a game for the GCN that i think is cool, I would tell one of my friends about it and they dont even care, to them its just another stupid game cube game, I am playin SSBM and they are playin some wierd base ball game that doesnt look good at all, and I watch them rise there heads up, because there playin the almighty PS2! its just somethin we gotta deal with some times. but the facts right there are very good evidence that the game cube isnt all that bad, its actualy pretty good...
but most of those PS2ers will never understand that.

\

\\  __

\\\(^^) Rollin,Rollin,Rollin,

"Cake sniffing orphans in the orphans shack!"

Edited by - Wheel_kirby on 7/13/2003 1:26:10 PM

------------------------------
Some things are good left unsaid. This may be one of them...

« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2003, 06:43:27 PM »
I remember when I told a "PS2er" that if it weren't for Nintendo, there wouldn't be such a thing as a PS2.  But he kept on denying it.  They just can't take that fact.  And am I the only one who thinks it's uncreative that all their systems (released and announced, including in japan) have the word "Playstation" in it!  And they didn't even think of that name!

"I go to many oversea places, like Canada."- Britany Spears

« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2003, 10:49:07 PM »
Nintendo is the ultimate company in the end, and always will be!

\

\\  __

\\\(^^) Rollin,Rollin,Rollin,

------------------------------
Some things are good left unsaid. This may be one of them...

« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2004, 06:50:47 PM »
I really don't care. Numbers of sales don't matter to me, as long as I get games I like screw everyone else. I also choose friends that aren't mentally handicapped and like Nintendo.
200 characters and nothing to say.

« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2004, 10:05:48 AM »
I think I've read all that stuff before...

But who cares!!

I simply just love the GameCube, and any other product from Nintendo!!

THEY RULE!!

I am a pure Super Mario lover!!

...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!

I will even drawn the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!

I am a pure Super Mario lover!! ...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!
I will even draw the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!

« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2004, 12:22:40 AM »
Scratch that.  I can't even make sense of it.  Well, I can.  It's just that it's awfully hard to word.

"There are no such things as stupid questions, just stupid people."

Edited by - Nameneko on 4/4/2004 11:24:16 AM
"There are no such things as stupid questions, just stupid people."

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2004, 11:29:01 AM »
"Try finding a Super Smash Bros with PS2 characters or XBox characters."

You're attacking the Straw Man. It's well known that Nintendo has superior original characters, as well as first-party games.

However, it's also well known that the PS2 has superior third-party support. So, I'm not sure exactly what you were trying to prove. Nintendo cares more for its audience? Perhaps, but how one could look at that is relative.

I could view Nintendo's reluctance to venture into the Online console market as one of two things: that they don't want to get their customers drawn into an unestablished, contemporary market, or that they're holding out on their consumers on what promises to be "the future of gaming."

As I said, such things are just a matter of perception, and opinion. I do believe that any argument that can be created will be moot.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2004, 11:32:44 AM »
Why do people keep reviving ancient topics...

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2004, 11:42:34 AM »
 If they have something worthwhile to say, then I have no problem with it.

However, when someone revives a topic just to say "OMG!1! GAMCUBE IS TEH GREATEST !!1!11" it's better left unsaid.

Of course, I'm not saying that's the case with this particular topic.

« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2004, 12:25:28 PM »
but gamcube IS teh greatest!!!!111one111! ;_;

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven.”

« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2004, 02:09:19 PM »
cause we all know Xbox owners pleasure themselves to DOA:VB and PS2 owners are secretlygay but try to cover it up by playing GTA

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"you know what I''m doing right now? Giving you the finger."
"John,I''m poor, I''m Blind, and I run a newstand in the back of a coffee shop. God gave me the finger way before you ever did."
~ Becker & Jake in a conversation
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Print