Print

Author Topic: 15 and over, question  (Read 7608 times)

« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2004, 01:19:42 PM »
I'm 13 in a month ... but -

Everyone seems to forget about the GameCube. My French teacher asked everybody in the room whether he should get a *cough* P-S-2, *falls over* or a *cough* *COUGH* X ... X - b-b-b ... *chokes* X-bo - *hack-hack-hack* *chokes* *chokes* X-box ... x-x-x *head explodes* ... um, yeah. X-box. Everyone said PS2, but some idiot in the back raised their hand for Xbox. *chokes* Everyone laughed at him. Afterwards, I suggested - what about GameCube? Everyone stared at me as if I had done something horribly wrong. It made me feel bad.

Why doesn't anyone care about Nintendo, anymore?

-----------------------------------------
I like my emoticons, like I like my tea ...
"Blue, start over. Yellow is caution. Red is danger."

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2004, 02:43:05 PM »
"im 13 but i recently found out from i psycoligost that my reading and maths are the same as a 16yr old."

Did that have an adverse effect on your writing?

I don't mean to be entirely rude, but this is a message board; not a chat room. Take some time when writing.

« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2004, 05:40:02 PM »
Feh!

What's wrong with you people, asking why people think GameCube is kiddie? The major games released on it have no violence, little to no sexual innuendo, no dark humor to them, no complicated psychological storylines.

What you should be asking is... what is wrong with that? What makes those around you interested in sex, drugs, and useless gore, while a short, mustachioed plumber is much more appealing to you?

Because those other things are taboos. Apparently, "anyone" can have Mario, but they, delving in PlayStation 2 and X-Boxicity, are 'skating on the thin edge' of something they couldn't have had at younger ages. No, there's nothing rare or special in this! Not at all! It's human mentality, it, in itself, is the definition of immaturity. And it's common knowledge that everyone conforms to the faceless, swaying mass, and, the individuals, i.e., you picked on Nintendo Gods, must cut your own path.

But your sword is crafted much more sturdily, and your eyes are open and aided by the sun!

We shall rise in the future.

By the way, I own a PS2. My GameCube is played about 90% more often, and I suppose Final Fantasy X is the only game I really enjoyed on PS2 so far. GameCube has better games... and what [is] kiddy about it? Since when was solid black 'bad***'? That's common, I say! Common!!

I know I'm kinda' crazy...

Mario`s adventure is over for now, but,

Mario`s dream lives forever...

Dream on, Mario... dream on.

Edited by - Sapphira on 1/19/2004 7:34:48 AM

Kickin' it since 2000.

« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2004, 05:58:33 PM »
You're not crazy, Super Mario. I think you've hit the nail on the head. Basically if a game isn't violent or otherwise mature in nature then it's obviously 'childish' (or so they claim). And to that I say, 'then let it be childish'. Granted, sometimes a violent game does wonders for stress relief (for that I play Unreal Tournament), but just because a game is non-violent doesn't mean it isn't good. If these naysayers would actually give the Mario games a chance they might be pleasantly surprised.

And no, I've never really had a problem with others calling me weird for playing Nintendo games. Heck, one of my former roommates would play the games with me if they were two player. The only person to give me grief about it was my boyfriend (ironic, isn't it?) but I forgave him. :)

-----
Back from the Dead!
RaiaGirl :P

Edited by - RaiaGirl on 1/18/2004 4:00:47 PM
-----
Back from the Dead!
RaiaGirl :P

« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2004, 06:02:24 PM »
I'm glad someone agrees with me. I get hyped up sometimes, though. I'd be the first guy to run out in the street, flip over a burning car, stand on it, (avoiding the flames somehow), pump my fist in the air and scream, "No more! Shigeru or DEATH!"

Kickin' it since 2000.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2004, 08:37:39 PM »
Heh.

They wouldn’t pretty so bad, ain’t they?
That was a joke.

« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2004, 08:51:03 PM »
Heh indeed! ^_^

In reference to my last post, I would also have a denim jacket and long, unkempt hair. And would martyr myself against "the oppressors," never actually pinpointing who they were.

Sounds like a plan...

Go to the Story Boards and read my stor(y/ies).

Kickin' it since 2000.

« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2004, 09:29:12 PM »
Super Mario:  he's like Jesus, in a way.
Chiichana mune, okkina hitomi . . .

« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2004, 08:29:18 PM »
*in a soothing, calm voice* Yea. (like "yay")

Kickin' it since 2000.

Print