Print

Author Topic: Wow... Microsoft is really stupid...  (Read 4488 times)

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« on: May 16, 2004, 08:28:26 PM »
I have been reading rumors on the internet that Microsoft might launch the Xbox 2 in 2005! WHAT?! That is way too early to launch a new game system. Microsoft just wants to get a head start on Sony and Nintendo...

Microsoft should do what Sony did with the PS one, give their system a long 10-year lifespan, that way gamers can appreciate the current system more. Then release the Xbox 2 when the time is right, not just to get a head start on the competition.

Anyone remember when the Dreamcast launched too early...? (*cough* failure *cough*)

I am glad Sony and Nintendo are taking more time with the creation of their next game systems, instead of quickly releasing crappy products like Microsoft does. I thought Microsoft made stupid decisions before, but this tops all of their "fantastic ideas"!

What do you guys think about Microsoft releasing the Xbox 2 in 2005? Is it a good idea, or a bad idea?
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2004, 09:36:46 PM »
Why do people call the Consoles "successors" The console before it, and then the number 2 at the end?

That itself is more stupid than the idea of Microsoft launching their next console next year.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2004, 10:26:48 PM »
I think this about sums up your feelings Mario Maniac:
You would buy the Xbox 2 for 14¢ if someone gave you the money.

Bozone, n.:
The layer of gas surrounding a person which prevents good ideas from penetrating.
Diplomacy is the art of saying "Nice doggy" until you can find a rock.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2004, 10:39:27 PM »
There are only two things that are keeping the Xbox alive right now: Halo (and Halo 2), and Xbox Live.

Halo is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO overrated! I played Halo 1 on Xbox a few times, it is just like every other first-person shooter, boring and violent. Halo is basically a copy of Metroid games (since it copies the Metroid idea of a genetically-enhanced soldier fighting against hostile aliens).

I saw the videos of Halo 2... The game looks just like the original Halo, except with better graphics. Halo was a very complicated game to play, that is why I did not like it. Also the fact that it is made by Microsoft for the Xbox.

Like I said again, Halo is so overrated. Nintendo (and to an extent, Sony) makes MUCH better games than Microsoft... I wish all these people would forget about Halo and the Xbox and instead focus on high-quality Nintendo games.

You know something else, Microsoft did not surprise me with any new announcements at E3 (from what I read on the internet).

Some of the "exciting" Xbox announcements at E3:
* Xbox Live is getting new voice chat messaging.
* EA Sports is making games for Xbox Live.
* Halo 2 is coming out this year.
* Forza Motorsport is a racing simulation that is said to be a "Gran Turismo killer".

Wow, that is so incredible! (Yeah, right...) Who cares if EA Sports is making Xbox Live games? Who cares about Halo 2? It's basically the same type of game that the original Halo was, except with better graphics. Forza Motorsport can NEVER beat the king of racing games, Gran Turismo. Gran Turismo 4 (for PlayStation 2) has a wealth of new innovative features (like over 500 real liscenced cars to modify and race in over 100 realistic tracks) it is truly "The Real Driving Simulator"!

The point is, Microsoft basically announced the same games that we all knew about. Nintendo and Sony actually surprised me with the Nintendo DS and PlayStation Portable.

Because they have been involved longer in the videogame industry, Nintendo and Sony know more about games than Microsoft. Nintendo and Sony are also known for their innovative hardware and high-quality games (well, Nintendo is known more for high-quality games).

People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2004, 07:31:52 AM »
What really bothers me about the X-Box is that now all of RareWare's 'console' games are on the X-Box...

Pooh! I'm starting to hate RareWare...

They hardly released any 'original' games during the last two years!!

And that's when they made their first and last GameCube game i.e. StarFox Adventures!!

I am a pure Super Mario lover!!

...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!

I will even drawn the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!

I am a pure Super Mario lover!! ...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!
I will even draw the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2004, 10:14:04 AM »
It seems Microsoft got shafted in the Rare deal.

1. So far, they've gotten 1 not-so-great game, Grabbed by Ghoulies

2. Conker: Live and Reloaded will probably be good, though half of it is an N64 rehash and it won't come out till next year anyway

3. Perfect Dark Zero may very well be cancelled

4. Rare is currently developing more games for GBA and NDS than XBox

5. Most if not all of the original staff (credited with things like Goldeneye) quit and started their own company

6. They paid $375 million for Rare... Nintendo owned 49% of them before

How about Nintendo?

1. Lost Donkey Kong Racing

2. Lost Conker

3. Lost Perfect Dark

4. Gained $$$

5. Gained DK properties

6. Didn't lose handheld game development

Oh, and don't forget originally the big 3 were claiming a 2004/2005 release rather than 2005/2006, but technical limitations have pushed them back.  I don't think it has much to do with innovating at all.  However, it does look as if MS is going for raw power again... with the specs I've seen it will be too expensive; they've already hemorrhaged money this generation...

Edited by - MEGAߥTE on 5/17/2004 9:18:30 AM

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2004, 04:09:25 PM »
To get back to what Mario Maniac was talking about, I thought Halo's campaign mode was a bit on the dull side. The multiplayer mode is where Halo really shines, especially 8-on-8 capture the flag matches.

I don't understand what you mean by Halo being complicated, though.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2004, 11:03:40 PM »
"Halo is basically a copy of Metroid games (since it copies the Metroid idea of a genetically-enhanced soldier fighting against hostile aliens)."

I wish you'd do a bit more research.
Metroid wasn't a first-person game until Metroid Prime, and Samus isn't genetically engineered, she's neurologically linked to her Power Suit. And, she's a bounty hunter, not a soldier.

Edited by - Chupperson Weird on 5/17/2004 10:13:38 PM
That was a joke.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2004, 08:01:12 AM »
Sony is putting a lot of new technology in the PlayStation Portable. Sony said that they will sell the PSP at a loss. This means that Sony will lose money in the beginning of the system's life, but as the PSP technology gradually becomes cheaper to produce, Sony will begin to earn profits.

This strategy is rediculous because Sony does not need all the extra technology in the PSP. If Sony didn't put all the extra technology in the PSP (therefore making it more expensive), they wouldn't need to lose money by selling it affordably.

I have seen screenshots and video clips for a few PSP games; they look incredible! PSP is definately just as powerful as PS2 (if not more powerful...). However, I think the Nintendo DS will be better because it is more innovative and has better games (the games Nintendo makes).

Edited by - Mario Maniac on 5/30/2004 4:03:33 AM

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2004, 04:05:33 PM »
yeah, the DS definitely looks like an innovative product that will have lots of cool games!

____
What in the Wario is going on here?
TMK/Fungi Forums-Maniac since 2002.

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2004, 05:31:06 PM »
 It isn't necessary to post my opinions on this topic, as I've basically done so many times before.

However, I would like to state that opinions are not facts, and thus, you should not state them as so.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2004, 08:37:47 PM »
"The Nintendo DS will be better because it is more innovative and has better games (the games Nintendo makes)."
Ah, the spoken in the true words of  Nintendo Fanboy.

Black Mage is correct. Simply liking Nintendo games more than Playstation games doesn't make it a factual advantage for Nintendo because many people would think the opposite.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2004, 05:40:52 PM »
This was heard by me from an XBox rep today:
Perfect Dark Zero is an XBox Next launch title.
There will be no information on XBox Next until Game Developers Conference 2005, however, they may "leak information" this fall/winter.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2004, 07:55:09 PM »
I heard that they actually finished the Multiplayer for Halo 2, but are simply working on the 1-player mode. They gave beta versions to some Microsoft staff and they had to sign off these papers and stuff. Haha, I can imagine, they like sign their lives away. They leak any info out, they'll probably be shot.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2004, 08:40:44 PM »
No, the point is that many companies are thought to "fake" leaking information in order to increase publicity for their upcoming product between public announcements.  This pretty much confirms it in Microsoft's case.

Print