Print

Author Topic: Wacko dreams  (Read 223797 times)

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #915 on: March 14, 2012, 01:35:35 PM »
Well, the latter objection is understandable...
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #916 on: July 12, 2012, 09:12:16 AM »
I dreamed that someone was arguing that Buzz Lightyear of Star Command is an unrealistic depiction of Buzz, showing clips from a [probably non-existent] episode where Buzz completely lost his composure and bunched up his face weird and screamed. The person argued that the real Buzz never would have acted like this. While I was listening to this person and thinking about how their argument didn't make much sense (the "real" Buzz in-universe was a toy based on a TV show, and it was entirely possible that the canonical TV show Buzz was really goofy, and Andy's toy of Buzz took himself way too seriously), I saw Buzz and Woody talking to each other underneath the van. They were both the CGI versions, and the graphics seemed to be getting much more detailed as the scene went on. This part jumped around a lot, with parts rewinding and playing over again so that I could get them to say their lines right.

Woody wasn't convinced at first that this was the real Buzz, but then Buzz pushed a button on his suit and that somehow confirmed it for him (which, I thought to myself at the time, doesn't make sense, as it could just be someone else who's stolen his suit (looking at it now, that's unlikely considering that Buzz's suit is probably not removable from his body, but it could just be another copy of the toy)). Buzz's suit was glowing in the darkness of under the van, and in some versions of the scene, Woody was blinded by it and asked Buzz if he could turn it off, to which Buzz responded "I have a button that makes it lower" and he pressed a button that made him not glow so bright. Sometimes I was Woody and I was grabbing Buzz's suit and pushing all the buttons, except I wasn't really, because that would have upset Buzz and not fit with the scene, so while I was doing it I had to assume that Woody wasn't really pushing those buttons.

They ended up leaving from under the van and going to an outdoor place that reminded me somewhat of a couple areas in the theme park I just got back from in real life (Knoebels, one of the best classic parks in the world), except the paths looked more dirt than gravel. Also Woody and Buzz were apparently human-sized now, though there were no other humans or toys around to compare them to. Woody had convinced Buzz to come back with him because Woody claimed to have a map so they could get back to Andy's house. This was now the scene where it was revealed that Woody was lying about having a map -- he was just going to try and remember the way back, even though he hadn't seen anything on his way out to wherever they were now. So that scene starts with Buzz asking Woody where the map was, and Woody beating around the bush for a while. Buzz asks if there's anything to do to help, while Woody digs around in his highly detailed pockets. Woody says all Buzz can do is pray. Buzz asks what to pray for. Woody says "Pray, Buzz... for YOUR MIND!!!!"

Woody should have said "my mind" because the point was that the "map" was in Woody's memory, but the point was moot because at that moment, Woody and Buzz's faces became odd squiggly drawings on white TV screens that had replaced their heads, and the world was fading out around them. The drawings were sort of optical illusions that could either look like faces or like the top-view of monsters depending on how you looked at them. A voiceover sounding quite a bit like Rob Cantor said something about how all faces are monsters that contort themselves into things, and sometimes they connect. As he was saying all this, the squiggles were coming closer together, and suddenly they connected. Right after they connected, they turned into Scott Pilgrim and Ramona Flowers (in black and white comic book style) making out (although Ramona's face was still a squiggle for a split-second) (also, even though I somehow knew her name was Ramona, and she did mostly look like Ramona, her character (which I also somehow knew) was more like a combination of Kim and Knives). And then for a couple of seconds, I was Scott. And then for a really short split-second, I might have switched to being Ramona.

And then the dream suddenly got less vivid, like I wasn't fooling myself anymore, so it was boring and I woke up.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #917 on: July 12, 2012, 09:22:07 AM »
I was with this girl from school who is basically Fluttershy in non-fictional, human form.  We were on a road trip and for some reason had stopped in the middle of the highway.  I started the dream outside the car then got back in without shutting the door.  I was talking about MLP and she was like "oh, I've seen that show" and I was like "Really?  Well, I hope this doesn't offend you, but you are pretty much Fluttershy."  Contrary to her real-life personality, it offended her.  She rolled her eyes and didn't talk to me for the rest of the trip.  Which was pretty short, considering the dream ended shortly thereafter.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #918 on: July 13, 2012, 03:04:06 PM »
Have you learned your lesson
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #919 on: July 13, 2012, 03:52:06 PM »
Yeah: wait until we're married before telling her I think of her as a character from My Little Pony.  True love waits.

« Reply #920 on: July 13, 2012, 07:31:38 PM »
Not even. Divorce is a *****.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #921 on: August 31, 2012, 05:36:58 PM »
I had a dream my vice-principal from when I was in high school was running a child smuggling ring for sweat shops, and that I was staking out his house for the longest time.  He was always trying to catch me getting into trouble although I caused none at all, very peculiar.  Maybe this was about some type of role reversal.
I only watch [adult swim]

« Reply #922 on: March 13, 2013, 06:35:06 AM »
This morning my phone alarm was ringing, and I kept trying to turn it off in my dream. There was also a weird spongebob episode that kept reusing footage.

Also, sorry for the bump.
VVVERExSTFJCQVM=

Print