Print

Author Topic: Next-Gen stinks  (Read 17870 times)

« Reply #60 on: October 17, 2005, 06:01:15 PM »
I don't get why people think Nintendo will die after this is released. Nintendo is like the Microsoft of Japan, they have tons of money. If the console does take back seat, it won't be a huge blow for them, they can always get back up on their feet.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #61 on: October 17, 2005, 06:16:38 PM »
Ok, this is all well and good, BUT:

~ People who say "You can't say its bad if you never tried it." Woah there, using that logic, you also can't say it will be good either.

~People who say "Games will follow the trends of the older systems (e.g. repetitive Game Cube Games)." Ok, fair enough. But, you forget one thing-- did Geme Cube folow directly in the footsteps of the N64, and did the N64 follow directly in the footsteps of the SNES? No.

~ People who say "PS3 and XBOX 360 will be terrible. " Great for you. Remember, though, many casual gamers may be partisaned to those systems, because of the familiar feel to them and the "grown-up" tradition of the PS, PS2, and XBOX.

Now, don't get me wrong. I am completely--as of right now--unbiased to which system will reign supreme. We can not say much of anything about the Next Generation of Systems untill we try each and decide for ourselfs, AND the rest of the people do the same. We need to wait for sale stats, future titles, and most importantly, for the public opinion of these systems. That will ultimately determine what will happen, whether we like  the turnout or not.

It very well may turn out that the Revolution becomes extremely popular, that would be wonderfull. It also may turn out that the XBOX 360 and the PS3 dominate sales. That is OK too. Alot of this is about what you like, and why you like it.

It is most important that YOU are happy with the system(s) you choose. The sales comes later. Sure, a company could go out of business with a poor system. But I think that Nintendo is making a good gambit. Yet, going back to what I said before: we can not say mmuch until we actually PLAY these systems. Forget the videos and pictures. It is hwo the consumers respond to the new systems and how the three companies' strategies play out.

Who knows what will happen until all three are out and people begin to form opinions form ACTUALLY PLAYING that particular system.

Johnny thought he was a chemist, but dosen''t any more,
What he thought was H2O was H2SO4!
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #62 on: October 17, 2005, 06:52:00 PM »
^
The answer to everything.

The only problem is, people want to complain about other people's opinions.

« Reply #63 on: October 17, 2005, 07:26:09 PM »
Glorb also conviniently forget about the Controller Shell made for the Freehand to shut up whiners like him...

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #64 on: October 17, 2005, 09:07:45 PM »
I read a great interview, courtesty of Luigison, which most notably explained:

• Perrin Kaplan:
    "We’ve demonstrated the Revolution controller with key folks around the industry prior to unveiling it at TGS, and the reaction was extremely positive... It really is something you have to physically experience yourself to appreciate the impact the Revolution controller will have on the gaming industry.

Edited by - Suffix on 10/17/2005 8:17:13 PM

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #65 on: October 17, 2005, 11:42:43 PM »
I'm not just saying this because I'm a Nintendo desciple: But I have a feeling that the Revolution will be much more popular than the GameCube was (compared to the competition.) Like, 2nd place out of the 3, or a tie, since we can't deny that in the population, Gamecube was ignored. I don't know, maybe Microsoft will make a Halo that wasn't as good as the previous one. Because everyone you ask says: XBOX has Halo, w00t, Gamecube got Pwned. So halo's like the pillar holding XBOX above PS & Nintendo. I don't know. But I'm still getting a REV.

Also, weren't the old controllers supposed to be... plug-in-able?

Corn is no place for a mighty warrior!

Edited by - Bird Person on 10/17/2005 10:50:54 PM
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #66 on: October 18, 2005, 08:12:31 AM »
"Glorb also conviniently forget about the Controller Shell made for the
Freehand to shut up whiners like him..."

First off, Wiggles, that sounds like the start of a flame war, which I, for one, am too mature to engage in.

If you mean the GameCube controller shell, that was a mockup by IGN.com to show what it MIGHT be like. It is not a fact, and if it were, then what would be the point of the Revolution controller? If there was a GC shell, then everyone'd just buy one and play games with a normal controller.

And guess what next-gen system I've decided to get? Nothing. I'll stick with my trusty Xbox and my good old PC, with my faithful GBA that currently has dead batteries. After you all sell your houses and still can't buy a 360 or PS3, or once you've bought a Revolution and train yourselves to enjoy it like little Nintendo mindslaves, I'll be sitting back, playing Halo on my Xbox, Doom on my PC, Super Mario Sunshine or Resident Evil 4 on my GameCube and something else on my GBA. Of course, I'll probably sell all those and get an Xbox 360 once it's cheaper, but who knows...

-------------------------------------
"How are you gentlemen !! All your base are belong to us !! You are on the way to destruction. You have no chance to survive make your time. HA HA HA HA ...."
-Cats, Zero Wing (Genesis)
every

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #67 on: October 18, 2005, 08:34:51 AM »
"Everyone would just get a shell..."
Heck no! I love the look of that controller! I've even been practicing for it. Note the Gamecube controller is set down.

It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #68 on: October 18, 2005, 03:43:43 PM »
> I'll stick with my trusty Xbox and my good old PC, with my faithful GBA that currently has dead batteries. After you all sell your houses and still can't buy a 360 or PS3, or once you've bought a Revolution and train yourselves to enjoy it like little Nintendo mindslaves, I'll be sitting back, playing Halo on my Xbox, Doom on my PC, Super Mario Sunshine or Resident Evil 4 on my GameCube and something else on my GBA.

All right. We'll be here enjoying SSB tournaments, MK races, and MP parties.

Also, you should stop bashing Mr.Wiggles. You are immature to bash him. He's just making a statement about the Controller Shell. He said you forgot about it. (Which you did.) So you're the one who looks like starting a flame war because of our opinions about you.

Mario and Luigi They’re our men, if they can’t triple-jump and ground-pound no one can!

Edited by - Aarom11 on 10/18/2005 2:49:03 PM

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #69 on: October 18, 2005, 05:05:45 PM »
Aarom. That was very good. Although I won't be enjoying Mario Party 35 with you, the SSB tournaments sound great.

But really, maybe I'm being overly enthusiastic... But I can't wait to use that controller. I already get the tickly feeling I got when I first used a Gamecube controller.

Edited by - Bird Person on 10/18/2005 10:08:05 PM
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #70 on: October 18, 2005, 05:28:39 PM »
You're right about the IGN mockup. HOWEVER, it has been confirmed by Nintendo that there is one in the works. No one knows whether it'll be packaged in or sold seperatly though, but knowing Nintendo, there'll probably be at least one packaged in with the system.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #71 on: October 19, 2005, 08:14:26 AM »
Incredible. This topic has grown to 71 posts now simply because people want to disagree with my Revolution opinions. And Aarom11, I am not "bashing" Mr. Wiggles. How does "please don't start a flame war over a pretend accesory" sound like bashing compared to "Glorb, you're a whiner, so shut up"?

-------------------------------------
"How are you gentlemen !! All your base are belong to us !! You are on the way to destruction. You have no chance to survive make your time. HA HA HA HA ...."
-Cats, Zero Wing (Genesis)
every

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #72 on: October 19, 2005, 09:11:51 AM »
 Here's what I got from reading your posts, Glorb.

"I'm not looking forward to the Next-Gen at all. In fact, I'm better then everyone who is simply because I think they're all going to be a waste of time. I think I'll just enjoy my current systems while all of you validify your incorrect opinions, since the next generation looks so terrible. Oh, but I'll probably sell my current stuff when the Xbox 360 price drops."

Real consistent.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #73 on: October 19, 2005, 11:48:28 AM »
Ugh.  While I like what BlackMage wrote, I don't like when people paraphrase what others wrote.  Mainly because they can be taken wrong.  While Glorb was inconsistent, putting it they way BlackMage did makes it look worse.

“Of all the people I know, it is expected that Watoad will say ‘cheese’ first.”
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #74 on: October 19, 2005, 04:16:14 PM »
 It's simply an exaggeration to make a point. I'll acknowledge that.

I obviously put words in Glorb's mouth, but I believe, for the most part, they're derivable from the statements made. Simply because something is, or is not outright said does not mean it wasn't implied. Of course, you could make the case that I'm not the appropriate person to decide what was or wasn't implied, but that leads into a whole different situation.

In short, while I do agree with Markio in that paraphrasing others is often a good way to create inaccuracies, I feel it's also in bad taste to take a condescending attitude towards other's thoughts and opinions.

Paraphrasing Glorb simply seemed the easiest way to make a point at the time, though in retrospect, directly quoting him would have served the same ends.

Print