Poll

Which of these game franchises do you think should be made into a movie?

Duke Nukem
2 (6.1%)
MechWarrior
2 (6.1%)
Sonic the Hedgehog
5 (15.2%)
Fire Emblem
5 (15.2%)
Other
19 (57.6%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Print

Author Topic: Videogame Movies  (Read 13885 times)

Glorb

• Banned
« on: November 29, 2005, 12:15:10 PM »
The four choices I included are there because theys seem to be likely to be made into a movie due to their current popularity (Well, I don't know about MechWarrior, but it would be cool). This is my first Fungi Forums pole, so tell me if their are any errors!
every

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2005, 02:49:03 PM »
I voted "Other" as in none. Videogame movies tend to suck, and I don't want my favorite series having something crappy connected to them.

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2005, 05:49:41 PM »
If they used people that do their own stunts, live action, and lots of cool battle scenes, then I vote for the Fire Emblem series. Also, wouldn't it be cool if someone made a SSBM movie? I mean one that would be in theaters.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2005, 08:15:24 PM »
Well an SSBM movie would be pretty cool if the Video-game-movies-usually-suck curse is uplifted.
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2005, 11:07:00 PM »
I think Sonic would Rock. Oh, and Glorb, you know how you said to tell you if there are any errors? In yiour first post, you spelt 'poll' wrong. Just thought i'd mention it.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2005, 02:30:57 AM »
Fire Emblem, but only if I get to direct it.
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2005, 10:13:54 AM »
Fire Emblem, If only to have 500 Florina groping Lyn while scared scenes, and they better not screw up Rebecca or there will be heads rolling throughout the night.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2005, 08:24:11 PM by Mr. Wiggles »
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2005, 04:30:09 PM »
I can't believe no one thought of a Zelda movie. Yeah, only make a video game movie if it doesn't suck.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2005, 11:05:51 PM »
sonic already has a movie.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2005, 04:48:03 PM »
Oh, really? I actually didn't know that. Was it good?
every

TEM

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2005, 05:54:08 PM »

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2005, 08:25:31 PM »
That's not what i was talking about but it proves my point.

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2005, 10:06:26 PM »
I never saw the Sonic movie but I do have some interesting ideas for a new one.  I think that the movie should have some music from the games since a lot of it is really cool, and they could put it in scenes were Sonic and friends are smashing robots like crazy and everything.  I don't know what the plot would involve though.  Maybe an army of Shadow clones.

What in the world happened to the Metroid movie?  Did it get dropped?
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2005, 10:16:50 PM »
It's still on. Advanced Media Network confirmed it's still in the development stage and if it's successful a Zelda and a Mario movie will follow.

And no, it's probably not a sequal to that campy 90's Live Action movie.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2005, 10:25:39 PM »
Where did you hear this?!?! *puts a squirt gun to his head* Tell me!
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2005, 10:58:56 PM »

Advanced Media Network.

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2006, 04:07:53 PM »
Isn't Sonic soposed to be a HEAGEHOG!And isn't Tails soposed to be a Fox and Knucles
soposed to be a Echinada?
Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind!

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2006, 06:00:07 PM »
Well, if they made Sonic the movie, thsy shouldn't do it as live action, because Sonic would look too different.  That was the problem with the Mario movie.  Yoshi wasn't green, the goombas had arms, the bo-bombs were too small, and Bowser wasn't even really a turtle.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2006, 06:20:55 PM »
Uhhh who cares how big Bob-ombs are!

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2006, 06:22:37 PM »
Erm...
There is a Sonic The Hedgehog Movie...

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2006, 07:32:42 PM »
I voted "Other" as in none. Videogame movies tend to suck, and I don't want my favorite series having something crappy connected to them.
I agree. Games are games for one reason: they're meant to be played.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2006, 08:59:25 PM »
I voted "other" as in SSBM with NO HUMANS JUST VOICES! They are making a Dead or Alive (the characters who I am not fond of but the game is pretty fun) movie. The actors look nothing like the characters. Seems like it's gonna suck. Kasumi looks to asian and her hair is not orange enough. To me, that is.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2006, 01:30:38 AM »
pt_peach, know that I am not targeting you specifically when I say that I hate how people are always saying "Oh, a SSB movie would be great!" or "Oh, I'm doing a SSB fanfic!" The SSB series is one of games with no plots. It's a fighting game.
Anyway, I'd watch a Zelda or new Mario movie if the reviews by the official critics were really bad. You notice they usually have terrible taste in movies and give the crappy ones good reviews. I'd wait for a good review from someone I know.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2006, 07:28:44 AM »
I voted Other as in "My favorite video game franchise already has 7 very good movies with at least two more on the way."
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2006, 09:13:53 AM »
I think a SSBM movie could be about the Smashers trying to save the Nintendo universe from the Two Hands.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2006, 09:30:01 AM »
Possibly. Sakurai supposedly said that he always want SSB to have a plot.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2006, 09:50:43 AM »
I think the SSB games are best without a plot. It would complicate things too much.

By the way, I, um, see someone's revived this topic. I can't beleive I only gave four choices...
every

« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2006, 04:39:09 AM »
How about a movie that's got something to do with Wario?

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2006, 02:57:39 PM »
WarioWare Inc. would make a kick-awesome anime series.

« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2006, 11:51:50 PM »
It would, it would!

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2006, 03:44:33 PM »
It wound end up as bad as that god-awful bobobobobobobobobobobo Whatever the dukar that dumb show is. Seriously.Anime about nose picking or nose hairs is not anime. It's total dukar.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2006, 03:59:00 PM »
First of all, the Japan version of BoBoBo> the crappy English dubbed one. Second, if done right, it could turn out well, as long as the English version isn't handed to some really crappy dub company(like 4Kids >.<). Even still, there's always subbed DVDs ;D.

« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2006, 06:19:04 PM »
Yeah, subs are usually way better than dubs. In the dubbed One Piece, there's no blood, so when someone gets stabbed, it looks like they've just been hit, and Sanji doesn't have a cigarette- he has a cherry lollipop. lol
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2006, 07:11:58 PM »
I think video game movies should all be animated. In Real Action form, they do the characters all wrong, they always do a plot that is cheesy, and they don't always follow the story of that video game.

By the way, I know that Angelina Jolie is going to star in the Metriod movie as Samus. MUST...SEE...MOVIE...TO...SEE...HOT...GIRL! lol
My sister is a...(insert threat here)

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2006, 07:17:27 PM »
By the way, I know that Angelina Jolie is going to star in the Metriod movie as Samus.
NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!11!11!1!!1!!!11!1!one!!1!111!!1!1
Anyway, did anyone hear about the new MGS movie?

« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2006, 07:33:54 PM »
It wound end up as bad as that god-awful bobobobobobobobobobobo Whatever the dukar that dumb show is. Seriously.Anime about nose picking or nose hairs is not anime. It's total dukar.

Yeah dude, it really was crap. I had no idea WTD was going on half the time. Anyway, I want to see Metal Gear: The Movie. I wonder who's gonna play Ocelot, Liquid and........man, I'm already pumped!
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2006, 07:37:41 PM »
There really should be a movie about Waluigi. He doesn't get any roles, just in Internet Flash Movies, Nintendo Sport and Non-adventure Games, and other crap. I should tell that to Nintendo.
My sister is a...(insert threat here)

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2006, 08:39:58 PM »
that's stupid, what's it gonna be about? Waluigi trying to gain weight?
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2006, 01:43:43 PM »
Actually I think the only good game movie was Silent Hill. It was faithful, scary, and, most surprising of all, well-directed. I've heard talk of the new Metroid movie being directed by John Woo, a.k.a. the Spielberg of action movies, so this might just be the dawn of the era of good videogame movies...but then again there's Spy Hunter, which has 1% to do with the game and 99% to do with it being an advertising vehicle for the Rock.
every

« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2006, 12:14:24 AM »
The only good video game movie I've seen is Sonic the hedgehog....

Anyway 4kids suck really badly they've made almost every show that's come their way suck.

Err.... I suppose that was a bit off topic.
LUIGI OWNS YOU!!!!!!!

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2006, 04:40:17 PM »
In the American-Japaneise Version Of DBZ and things they made 4-Kids Stink: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon_Ball_Z and go to the part where it says Censorship issues and X it on the part that says Filler.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2006, 04:42:36 PM by coolkid »

« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2006, 08:06:33 PM »
that's stupid, what's it gonna be about? Waluigi trying to gain weight?

Don't try and deny the skinny man. You like Waluigi *waves hand like a Jedi* He WILL have a movie *waves hand while sweating* O-Okay, this isn't working! *runs away*
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #42 on: July 16, 2006, 08:16:10 PM »
They put a lot of censorship on the American version of Sailor Moon, too. Like the uncut versions of Dragon Ball Z, in the US, they are all rated TV-13, or ages 13 and up.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #43 on: July 17, 2006, 03:16:47 PM »
DBZ is really a show that should remain untouched. When I compared the uncut and cut versions, they were practically different shows. Why edit a teens/adults show into a kids' one? It makes no sense.
every

« Reply #44 on: July 26, 2006, 05:09:34 PM »
sonic already has a movie.

Thats what I was gonna say.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #45 on: July 26, 2006, 07:16:31 PM »
I think that's common knowledge by now.
every

« Reply #46 on: August 03, 2006, 06:38:57 PM »
 A movie based on tetris would be awesome. It would star a lonely tetris piece, searching for a place in life, but just can't fit in. No one uses him. But one day, he is selected by the tetris god(the player) to go to the tetris championship in "the land beyond the sun". Excited, the tetris peice begins training for the championship. On the way, his father helps him train, and a mysterious figure offers him money if he forfeits the contest. You can just imagine it, can't you?

Seriously, a Viewtiful Joe movie would be cool. The game's plot even takes place in a movie! Casting wouldn't be to hard, considering most of the characters are either human or humanoid. VJ's powers are mostly movie based, like slow and zoom. If you've ever played Viewtiful Joe, you'll know it just begs to be a movie.
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #47 on: August 05, 2006, 11:59:53 AM »
A movie based on tetris would be awesome.

The Tetris Chainsaw Massacre! Plus...
Island of Dr. Mario
Super Mario Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
every

« Reply #48 on: August 05, 2006, 03:40:00 PM »
Acctually, Glorb, the tetris movie was supposed to be joke. But your idea is funny, as well.

Oh, and as for the VJ movie, I think Arnold Swartzenager(sp?) would play Joe. But he wouldn't speak, just lip sync. Bob D. Barker (Joe's voice actor) would do the voiceovers for him.
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

TEM

« Reply #49 on: August 05, 2006, 06:19:52 PM »
I think Seth Green or Elijah Wood ... would make a much better VJ.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #50 on: August 06, 2006, 09:25:18 AM »
A Viewtiful Joe movie would probably be one of the best video game movies, so long as Capcom is directly involved in it.

By the way, I think George Clooney should play the main guy in the Spy Hunter movie; The Rock just isn't very spy-like. In fact, I had a great idea... the SH movies could be, essentially, one big long car chase, and the main character wouldn't even have a name. Think of it -- Speed was essentially one big car chase, and that movie rocked.
every

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #51 on: August 06, 2006, 09:34:35 AM »
You just reminded me how much I want to see a cartoon short based on mario Kart, Glorb.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #52 on: August 06, 2006, 02:11:12 PM »
Well, they sorta, kinda, almost did that on Robot Chicken.
every

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #53 on: August 06, 2006, 02:53:19 PM »
That wasn't good enough. I want something like the old commercial for Super Mario Kart or the Japanese commercial for Mario Kart Advance.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #54 on: August 06, 2006, 02:55:33 PM »
The US version commercial of MKA is auewsome! Has anybody watched it here?

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #55 on: August 06, 2006, 02:59:55 PM »
You mean the one with the minivan vs. the guys in the Mario character suits? That was cool, but I was refering to this one from Japan that was all animated.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #56 on: August 06, 2006, 03:10:04 PM »
I should download it.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #57 on: August 07, 2006, 07:22:39 AM »
I liked th MK:DD commercials with the old people in shopping carts throwing stuff at each other.
every

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #58 on: August 11, 2006, 01:33:39 PM »
I'd like to see a Zelda movie with Sean Connery as Ganondorf or Darunia.  Oh, and Link should have very little personality, and should have little-to-no lines.  Link should have allies traveling with him; they can do the talking for Link. (kind of like how the partners in PM2 do most of the speaking for Mario)

I'll watch a Metroid movie as long as a good actress, who can do her own stunts, is picked for the role of Samus.

I'd like to see another Mario movie as long as 1) It's animated.  Or if Nintendo dubs that old "Great Mission to Rescue Princess Peach" Anime movie.
Actually, I'd like to see a movie involving Fawful.
Most importantly, if a movie of a Nintendo series is made, it needs some reliable people from Nintendo to supervise.

I don't think the SSB series should be made into a movie.  A movie needs story, and when you make something like SSB (which is known to have very little plot, if any) into a movie, some fans will feel alienated from the series they love so much.  If you want a SSB with plot and story, go to FF.net.

I don't want a Zelda or new Mario movie to happen till the video-game-movies-usually-suck era ends.

I'm voting 'other' as in 'none for the time being'.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #59 on: August 11, 2006, 03:58:37 PM »
I recently heard that Nintendo is going to make anime with their one studio soon. There's supposedly going to be an anime movie based on Animal Crossing. Hopefully they'll make a Mario-related one. Preferable a remake of 'Great Mission'. Or maybe they'll do something similar to my 'Plumbing Academy' idea.

« Reply #60 on: August 16, 2006, 05:37:45 PM »
Second vote for Duke Nukem. I am not really a Duke Nukem fan though somehow if done correctly, I think it could make a decent film.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #61 on: August 17, 2006, 10:04:07 AM »
Finally, a Duke vote! But now that I think of it, a Duke Nukem movie would suck; really, the DN games were a 90's thing with mostly 90's humor. As long as they can keep it fresh, it would be okay. Well, they'd also have to have lots and lots of action and violence and swearing and "babes", so it'd be hard to do unless it was a comedy.
every

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #62 on: August 17, 2006, 04:55:28 PM »
Well, Duke Nukem was intended to be humorous, wasn't it?

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #63 on: August 18, 2006, 07:33:28 AM »
It's fine to me if the movie's a comedy - It just has to be a satire of action films and current events, like the games. I just know they're going to make it into another Scary Movie 62 with guns and The Rock. That's the thing about The Rock - in original movies, he's great. But it seems like licensed movies that he's in all suck horribly, because the marketing is centered strictly around him. Look at Doom - In that movie, The Rock was a secondary character, which is what he actually wanted. However, the DVD cover, commercials and everything else is all The Rock. Imaging what Spy Hunter would end up like because of him?
I'm not saying The Rock is a bad actor - in fact, for a restler-turned-actor, he's very good. But whenever he's in a movie, the movie is no longer about whatever the story is; it's about The Rock's giant muscles,a nd how he beats people up with them.

Oh, wait, did I do another one of my The Rock rants?
every

Print