Poll

Which of these game franchises do you think should be made into a movie?

Duke Nukem
2 (6.1%)
MechWarrior
2 (6.1%)
Sonic the Hedgehog
5 (15.2%)
Fire Emblem
5 (15.2%)
Other
19 (57.6%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Print

Author Topic: Videogame Movies  (Read 13883 times)

« Reply #60 on: August 16, 2006, 05:37:45 PM »
Second vote for Duke Nukem. I am not really a Duke Nukem fan though somehow if done correctly, I think it could make a decent film.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #61 on: August 17, 2006, 10:04:07 AM »
Finally, a Duke vote! But now that I think of it, a Duke Nukem movie would suck; really, the DN games were a 90's thing with mostly 90's humor. As long as they can keep it fresh, it would be okay. Well, they'd also have to have lots and lots of action and violence and swearing and "babes", so it'd be hard to do unless it was a comedy.
every

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #62 on: August 17, 2006, 04:55:28 PM »
Well, Duke Nukem was intended to be humorous, wasn't it?

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #63 on: August 18, 2006, 07:33:28 AM »
It's fine to me if the movie's a comedy - It just has to be a satire of action films and current events, like the games. I just know they're going to make it into another Scary Movie 62 with guns and The Rock. That's the thing about The Rock - in original movies, he's great. But it seems like licensed movies that he's in all suck horribly, because the marketing is centered strictly around him. Look at Doom - In that movie, The Rock was a secondary character, which is what he actually wanted. However, the DVD cover, commercials and everything else is all The Rock. Imaging what Spy Hunter would end up like because of him?
I'm not saying The Rock is a bad actor - in fact, for a restler-turned-actor, he's very good. But whenever he's in a movie, the movie is no longer about whatever the story is; it's about The Rock's giant muscles,a nd how he beats people up with them.

Oh, wait, did I do another one of my The Rock rants?
every

Print