Poll

Which do you prefer Xbox or Nintendo?

Xbox
Nintendo
both
I hate videogames altogether
Print

Author Topic: Xbox or Nintendo  (Read 6315 times)

« on: February 18, 2006, 07:00:27 PM »
Do you like the xbox or the nintendo?
I see poop.

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2006, 07:08:01 PM »
It's. A. Mario. Site.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2006, 07:42:58 PM »
I voted both. Nintendo has heaps of good titles, but... XBox has Halo, not to mention a fair share of the multi-console games. I've played XBox... the controller takes a while to get used to, but you get the hang of it. :)
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2006, 08:10:07 PM »
1. It's a freakin' Mario site. Do you honestly think this is a legitimate poll?
2. "I hate videogames altogether?" Again, it's a Mario site. Why would someone be here if they hated video games?!
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2006, 08:41:58 PM »
And have you noticed that a lot of Nintendo fans are X-box haters?  I'm not one of them, though.  I don't "hate" X-box, but I don't care for it either.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2006, 09:10:02 PM »
Other than a couple of demos at work I've never played an Xbox.  I'm not a fan of FPS games like Halo and I have GCN and PS2 to play multi-plat games.  Last summer my bro. from 2000+ miles away brought his Xbox, but I never played it.  We played and beat RE4.  Year before that we beat Zelda: 4 Swords.  I'm a Nintendo fan, but not exclusively.  I also like games like DDR, Guitar Hero, and Katamari Damacy. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2006, 10:16:25 AM »
I just played Black for Xbox, and it ROCKED!! But GameCube has RE4 and Mario, so I chose both.
every

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2006, 11:01:57 AM »
What a silly question.  Nintendo, of course!

I don't hate X-Box, but I've never really played it for more than five mintues, so I have no love for it, either.  I'm sort of indifferent about X-Box.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2006, 12:26:23 PM »
I wonder how different the results of this poll would be if it allowed three votes from the following options.

- GameCube
- Xbox
- PS2
- None

I'd vote GameCube and PS2.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2006, 06:16:28 PM »
On any other forum for a console-specific franchise, you'd already have been flamed out of existence for this poll. Besides, you can like both X-Box and Nintendo. It's not really an "either-or" thing, although it certainly seems like it is for a lot of people.

Although, in a lot of TV polls where system prefences are asked, the question is always "X-Box or PS2?" GameCube is almost never mentioned. I don't know if this is due to contract things, or whatever. Always been a pet peeve of mine.
~I.S.~

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2006, 06:43:56 PM »
You just reminded me to ask my GameStop manager if we have a contract that dictates how much wall space for any system.  We have about four time more Xbox space then Gamecube space.  The total Nintendo (including GBA, DS, etc.) space is probably only half the Xbox/Xbox360 space.  Playstation 2 probably has approx. the same space as Xbox, but with the PSP stuff Sony has the most floor/wall space.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2006, 06:50:02 PM »
INJUSTICE!!
Regards, Uncle Dolan

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2006, 09:08:58 PM »
I am also not a "hater" of any system. I'll give reasons I think Nintendo pwns another because I like Nintendo best, but I've played all 3 current gen systems. Wait... have I...? I obviously have played GameCube, I played Xbox once, Teris Worlds and some FPS, but... I know I've played my friend's PS1, but haven't seen his PS2... my sister has a PS2 but I've never played it... maybe I haven't played a PS2 after all. Hmm. Oh well.
I'm sure that if money grew on trees or in my closet I would own all 3. I'm not very good at FPSs though.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2006, 10:21:53 PM »
I, for one, have played all three current-gen consoles at least once.  I own a GCN, obviously, I've played (and enjoyed) Tekken Tag on my Bro-in-law's PS2, and I played an X-box store demo, but I really couldn't catch on.  Don't hate it, just never acquired a love for it.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2006, 06:18:30 PM »
I've also played all the current generation (well, last generation for the X-box).  The PS2 was a little tough for me, since I couldn't remember which shape was which button unless I looked at it.  But I've only ever played it a few times, a couple minutes each time.  I like the X-Box, though there aren't a whole lot of selection for games-bit too many FPS.  I do like some FPS, but there are only so many variations.  The Gamecube is my favorite system, but it may be biased since I have played Nintendo since I was young, and Mario is one of my favorite characters in any game.
Why do I need to show the work to my math problems, so long as I get the right answer every time?

Print