Print

Author Topic: Most underrated games  (Read 33160 times)

« Reply #45 on: March 26, 2006, 08:47:59 PM »
Let's see... here are a few.

-Wario World
-Sonic Heroes
-Shadow the Hedgehog
-Sonic Adventure 2: Battle (maybe)
-Kirby's Adventure (maybe)
GEIANDGIRLCO DIRECT - The Sensitive Alternative

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #46 on: April 11, 2006, 07:32:06 PM »
FSA is one of my favorite Zelda games.  It's very unique from other GCN titles.  I can see why it's underrated, but if you're an old school gamer, you should at least try it.
I agree.  It's one of my favorite Zelda titles. 

I think Wario Ware GCN (whatever it's called) is the best Wario Ware yet.  Why'd it get a bad rap compared to the other Wario Ware titles?  It's multiplayer was awesome.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #47 on: April 12, 2006, 01:50:43 AM »
Yes, it was awesome, but I can think of two reasons why people would give it a bad rap:

I) All the core microgames were exactly the same as the GBA release.

II) The microgame graphics look bad for a GCN game (but not for a GBA game).

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #48 on: April 12, 2006, 12:13:54 PM »
I)  But you could compete with those same microgames now.

II)  I thought the microgames graphics had a cool retro look on the GCN, but I play GBA games on my 50" TV all the time so that may just be me.

BTW, I think you're right.  I'm just stating my opinions.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2006, 12:16:01 PM by Luigison »
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #49 on: April 12, 2006, 12:54:05 PM »
I think the most underrated game is Bust A Groove for the Playstation. Not a lot of people got the concept of the game and I think that's why it's underrated.
Loyal nintendo fan since 1991! WTMK Is the best radio station EVER! Super Mario will never die!!!!!!

« Reply #50 on: April 12, 2006, 07:53:51 PM »
Other than me, I only know two other people who like the game Alien Hominid.
Alas! I have returned. (3/22/07)

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #51 on: April 12, 2006, 09:32:43 PM »
Other than me, I only know two other people who like the game Alien Hominid.
I loved the PDA GAMES!  Alien Hominid itself was okay. 

« Reply #52 on: April 13, 2006, 02:57:43 PM »
I agree, the PDA Games rocked. Yeah, the game was fun...the first time around.
Alas! I have returned. (3/22/07)

« Reply #53 on: April 28, 2006, 01:58:29 PM »
Probably the most underrated game of recent years was Battalion Wars.  It was a short game, but it mixed third person shooting with Real Time Strategy flawlessly.

« Reply #54 on: June 28, 2006, 04:46:54 PM »
The most underrated game ever is the Monkey Island franchise, here's information on it:
http://www.worldofmi.com

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #55 on: July 01, 2006, 03:11:24 PM »
Zelda2 is probaly the MOST underated game ever.People hated it just because it was differint then Zelda.
Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind!

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #56 on: August 20, 2006, 10:56:19 AM »
The two Pokemon RPGs on the GCN are really underrated.  For Pokemon Colosseum, you don't have to be a Pokemon fan to enjoy it.  As for Pokemon XD, it was a great game, was larger than Pokemon Colosseum, but it didn't really reach my expectations story-wise.  If, say, the hero trainer's dad was killed in the S.S. Libra incident, that would've added a nice shade of darkness to the story.  But it's still a great game.

I agree that the Pikmin games are underrated.  I traded RE4 for Pikmin 2.  Best trade I ever made.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #57 on: August 20, 2006, 03:47:17 PM »
-Sonic Heroes
-Shadow the Hedgehog

This is your ideal YTMND. Now back on topic...
Just see this list.
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

« Reply #58 on: August 20, 2006, 09:02:06 PM »
I think Drill Dozer is one of the most underrated games of all time. It got good reviews and a lot people liked it, but from what I've heard, it didn't do very well in sales. It is a shame, really. The gameplay was fun, the controls were innovative, the puzzles were cool and it even had built-in rumble! It deserved better sales. Sadly, we'll probably never see a Drill Dozer 2, which is a real pity...
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

AbercrombieBaseball

• FitchPitch
« Reply #59 on: August 21, 2006, 12:22:43 AM »
I'm going to have to go with a few oldies from my Macintosh.

-Battle Chess. It's chess, but the pieces fight each other when someone gets taken.

-Shufflepuck Cafe. Bascially air hockey for the computer. You use the mouse to control the paddle and beat opponents ranging from regular men to aliens.

-Klondike. It's Solitaire for Mac. It's called Klondike to set it apart from Canfield, another Solitaire game.

-Cairo Shoot Out. It's like the shooting gallery booth at the county fair and the targets are Egyptian symbols. "Walk Like an Egyptian" by the Bangles is featured in this game.

-3 in Three. One of my all time favorites. This is a puzzle/logic game where you are a number 3 tryirng to escape a prison inside the computer.

-Fool's Errand and At the Carnival. Both are from the same guy who wrote 3 in Three and both are also good puzzle/logic type games.

-WordTris. It's like Tetris but also like Scrabble. Put the letter blocks together to make words, which then get eliminated from the board.

-SimAnt. It's like The Sims but you're an ant colony. You learn a lot about ants too and get to experience every aspect of an ant colony.

-OutNumbered. Yes, it's a math game, but I thought I'd mention it here. You save a TV station from takeover by solving word problems, getting clues from them, and matching them up with clues from the robot, who gives you regular math problems.

All of these games are a bit old (they all came out in the late 1980s-early 1990s). Most won't work right on new Macs. Thankfully someone fixed me up with a program called vMac that lets me run them. Most of them are black and white but a few also play in color (some still work on my OS 9 iBook without vMac and they play in color).

Print