Print

Author Topic: Pokemon topic  (Read 141271 times)

« Reply #90 on: April 13, 2006, 04:34:13 PM »
It's a great idea to create a NORMAL Pokemon game (no, Trozei doesn't count) for the DS.  They could have a consistent menu on the bottom screen showing the pokemon status screen and you could change the mode to show Pokedex, your character's status, etc.
-------------

« Reply #91 on: April 14, 2006, 06:12:03 AM »
I've always wanted Pokemon Dash.
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

« Reply #92 on: April 14, 2006, 10:37:35 PM »
Holy wow, I just went on a rampage with my Poke'mon Red game for the good old Gameboy Color.  How fun it is.  ;-) 
Normally I would name the main character after myself, but this time I thought differently.  Who would I rather be; a poke'mon, or some guy who tries to catch poke'mon?  The choice was obvious.  Therefore, I named the main character "A Guy" and my brand-spanking new squirtle after me!  :)  And I decided to name every other poke'mon I caught after one of my friends.  The way I decided upon this was by looking at the poke'mon that I was fighting, and thinking of whether or not they reminded me of one of my friends.  If they did, they're poke'ball food.
So far I have:
Wartortle (me): Level 19
Ratatata:  Level 17
Pidgeoto:  Level 19
Wigglytuff:  Level 11
Zubat:  Level 11 
Maybe there is more to me than there is to me...

« Reply #93 on: April 15, 2006, 07:17:12 PM »
I once named 2 flying Pokemon after my mom and dad. Pidgey was Joy and Spearow was William.
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

« Reply #94 on: April 20, 2006, 03:26:43 AM »
Heh, I usually name my Pokemon cool/strange sounding names. For the ones I never use, I give weird names. Example-

Slowpoke: POKE IT!!!

btw... a sprite made completely from scratch. Comments and crits, please. :)
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #95 on: April 20, 2006, 06:12:13 PM »
Is that a Fakemon?

« Reply #96 on: April 20, 2006, 06:30:11 PM »
I think so....

Once I named my character "Clink".  I usually name my rival either "Stupid" or my brother's name, "Evan".  My current character on Crystal (the good one) is named after me.
-------------

« Reply #97 on: April 21, 2006, 12:59:46 AM »
It's the basic fire starter for my upcoming Pokemon fangame. It's typing is Fire/Bug.

btw, I usually call myself 'Mitch', but sometimes 'Jordan' after a fanfic character of mine or 'Brendan', the Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald official name.

« Reply #98 on: April 21, 2006, 06:58:56 AM »
For every game 'cept Collosseum, XD and LeafGreen, I've named my character "Jessica" at least once. I'll put a list of current names.

Yellow: Grape(to make sense with food-themed nicknames)
Gold: Tidbit(after my dog)
Crystal: Krystal(girl)
Sapphire: June(girl)
Ruby: Davi(dude)
LeafGreen: Mattie(girl)
FireRed: Orion(dude)
Emerald: Haruka(girl)
Colosseum: Ryan(dude) Thalia(girl)
XD: Michael

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #99 on: April 21, 2006, 10:10:38 AM »
I havent played a Pokemon game in ages, but did think of a few nicknames that I wished I had used.

Charmander-Yoshi
Bulbasaur-Nipper
Squirtle-Paratroopa

Perhaps I'll post more later on.

« Reply #100 on: April 21, 2006, 06:25:24 PM »
Isn't Haruka the Japanese name for May in the Pokemon anime?

btw, I invented a new evolution for Dragonair.

« Reply #101 on: April 21, 2006, 09:16:36 PM »
I just got a Snorlax.

Oh yeah...
Maybe there is more to me than there is to me...

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #102 on: April 22, 2006, 08:51:15 AM »
Now that I think about it, I wished they had made a Pokemon Colessium-type game for the N64.
Pokemon Snap,Stadium, and Pikachu Genki-de-chu werent enough in my opinion.

« Reply #103 on: April 22, 2006, 04:10:49 PM »
Isn't Haruka the Japanese name for May in the Pokemon anime?

Yes it is. ^_^ That's where I got it from.

« Reply #104 on: April 25, 2006, 04:43:35 PM »
What, you guys don't like Pokemon anymore?

Print