Print

Author Topic: Ugh... I am so sick of this.  (Read 15354 times)

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« on: April 18, 2006, 10:43:15 AM »
All these rediculous rumors about the PS3... Yes it will be expensive, and many people will gladly shell out $400-$500 to get one, but people are seriously getting carried away with their "OMG! PS3 iz teh loozer!"

I'm, not going to pay $500 for a videogame system / Blu-ray disc player / super computer / multimedia device / George Foreman grill...etc.

Xbox 360 and Nintendo Revolution are looking more appealing every day.

I am still sick of these PS3 rumors though.
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2006, 12:31:59 PM »
Well, I really haven't heard too much talk about the PS3 lately, but maybe I'm just in the wrong places...

...And there's a slight inaccuracy there, it's the XBox 360 that doubles as a George Foreman grill.
Go Moon!

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2006, 12:44:52 PM »
Dang it, Mario Maniac, will you stop switching your opinion on Sony every 2 months? Also, when you make all these topics about how much the PS3 rules/sucks, and each time they usually say the exact same thing, it makes you look really bad.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2006, 01:21:55 PM »
  I propose the addition of an ANGST forum.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2006, 01:23:19 PM »
"Ugh... I am so sick of this."
Exactly my thoughts on you posting these topics. Seriously, stop making new topics for every little thing that goes through your mind. We've told you this many, many times before. There are dozens of topics related to console information (and complaints)--almost ALL of them created by you.

If you don't stop, there will be consequences--possibly banning. This is your last warning.

Hahaha, BM!
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2006, 03:18:48 PM »
I'd like to make a suggestion- maybe two stickied topics in General Video Game Chat? One about the PS3 and one about the Xbox 360?
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2006, 03:42:49 PM »
  I propose the addition of an ANGST forum.

Maybe an angst thread? A universal place where you can complain about whatever? I like that a bit better. I mean, we have one universal thread for the need to post nonsensical things, why one one universal thread for angst?
~I.S.~

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2006, 04:44:32 PM »
Didn't we tell you NUMEROUS times before to STOP making these annoying threads?
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Jake

• Mr. Manure
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2006, 05:47:53 PM »
I have to agree wth Sapphira, Mr. Wiggles and eveyone else. You need to quit that. It's bad enough you were constantly switching your opinions about Microsoft/Xbox back in the day.
Professional Paisano here

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2006, 06:56:31 PM »
Next thing you know, he'll start complaining about Nintendo.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2006, 07:16:55 PM »
No Fifth, he was right...

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2006, 07:18:34 PM »
The PS3 knocks out the fat!

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2006, 10:03:16 PM »
Ah, I see...
I guess they wanted to compete with the fact that the XBox 360 doubles as a hot-plate.
Go Moon!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2006, 10:11:03 PM »
Well the Revolution's a microwave. Beat that.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2006, 10:31:17 PM »
Silly, naive Bird Person. These are not praises that we are dispensing sardonically.

Jake

• Mr. Manure
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2006, 10:26:09 AM »
I just realised something. If the title of this thread had the word "life" between the "this" and the ".", he'd totally sound emo. And not "Crawling" emo, but "Untitled/How Could this Happen to Me" emo.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2006, 10:31:40 AM by Poop Dude »

« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2006, 02:18:33 PM »
I support Revolution. I think the PS3, with all the "features", will cost way too much to be viable for anyone but the rich gamer, or those who save up for ages to get one. Looking at how Nintendo is going with the new controller, Virtual Console, great look of the controller and console itself I think it will be the most popular. Especially with how it seems to be released with a much lower price than 360 or PS3. Go Nintendo :)
I'm probably worse than you at playing Mario games...
But what do you expect?

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2006, 02:37:34 PM »
You realize Nintendo is pretty much the only company in the console wars trying something 'new' for the next gen era.  Sony and Microsoft are focusing so much on power they forget what it actually means for a next-gen console to be truly next-gen.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2006, 07:47:38 PM »
I remember back when all the original Xboxes had defective power cords.You would think they'd learn from their mistakes, eh?

« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2006, 09:09:20 PM »
I support Revolution. I think the PS3, with all the "features", will cost way too much to be viable for anyone but the rich gamer, or those who save up for ages to get one. Looking at how Nintendo is going with the new controller, Virtual Console, great look of the controller and console itself I think it will be the most popular. Especially with how it seems to be released with a much lower price than 360 or PS3. Go Nintendo :)

I don't even need to post comments of my own, because this exactly sums up my thoughts.

EDIT: Oh, and welcome to the forums, Jouw.
GEIANDGIRLCO DIRECT - The Sensitive Alternative

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2006, 07:57:23 AM »
Um...WHY was this topic started? Every topic being started now is either "OMG PS3 sux cuz its expesniv and i want the rev and xbox360!!!!!" or "OMG PS3 sux cuz its expesniv and i want the rev and xbox360!!!!! but im sick of the ps3 rumers". And every reply is always "OMG i hate the 360 and ps3 cuz ther not nintdeno!!!!! everyone elz sux!!!!! :) XD XP O_o LOL! :V]:|" (except without all that) It's really getting tiring. This is a Mario forum. Everyone knows you support any Nintendo system and dispise any Sony system; that's fine, you're entitled to your opinion. But don't make a new freaking topic to say what everyone else has been saying!

By the way, that last emoitcon is a person wearing a container hat with an alligator in it.
every

« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2006, 12:48:22 PM »
Um...WHY was this topic started? Every topic being started now is either "OMG PS3 sux cuz its expesniv and i want the rev and xbox360!!!!!" or "OMG PS3 sux cuz its expesniv and i want the rev and xbox360!!!!! but im sick of the ps3 rumers". And every reply is always "OMG i hate the 360 and ps3 cuz ther not nintdeno!!!!! everyone elz sux!!!!! :) XD XP O_o LOL! :V]:|" (except without all that) It's really getting tiring. This is a Mario forum. Everyone knows you support any Nintendo system and dispise any Sony system; that's fine, you're entitled to your opinion. But don't make a new freaking topic to say what everyone else has been saying!

By the way, that last emoitcon is a person wearing a container hat with an alligator in it.
I'm an exception: I don't hate Sony systems, it's just I'm becoming seriously disappointed with the PS3. I have an old PS1 which was the first console I ever played and one of the best gaming experiences I had. On the other side, I have a PSP which I not enjoyed at all due to the bad build quality of the hardware, sub-par games and awkward menu system. Not to mention the price of everything. This is why I support Nintendo. (Also, I don't like the Xbox/Xbox 360 because they're basically computers with some custom hardware.)
But what do you expect?

« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2006, 02:50:54 PM »
Funny how no one caught "rediculous" in Mario Maniac's post.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2006, 03:39:18 PM »
So many people nowadays spell "ridiculous" with an e that it's almost never caught.
~I.S.~

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2006, 04:29:16 PM »
I just don't care to point it out anymore.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2006, 08:21:30 PM »

Well, yes, I don't like Sony game systems in general, and I think my reasons are acceptable, though I don't care to go into them right now. HOWEVER, many other people here, possibly even a majority, are perfectly OK with Sony. I have nothing against those people. But this is beside the point. The point is that my last post and the post it quoted were NOT like "OMG i hate the 360 and the ps3 cuz ther not nintdeno!!!!! everyone elz sux!!!!! etc.". Generalization of rational posts into categories like that does not reflect well on you. Rejecting legitimate complaints like "It looks like the PS3 will be ridiculously expensive" and making them out to be merely "OMG i hate the 360 and the ps3 cuz ther not nintdeno!!!!!" makes it look like you have a bias against Nintendo.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2006, 02:57:40 PM »
I've probably said this before, but I just wanna say that I don't hate Sony consoles.  I'll admit that I've enjoyed a few games on them.  I almost thought about getting a PS2 as my first console, but I went with N64 cause it had more games that I enjoy.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2006, 04:25:27 PM »
Brings back memories of when I Got my PS1, back when the PS2 came out. I have a lot of memories of playing Crash Team Racing, the Net Yaroze games that came on OPM (official playstation magazine) cover disks, and THEME PARK WORLD!
But what do you expect?

« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2006, 04:40:59 PM »
My first console was going to be a Playstation... it was an awesome deal, because it had a dance mat, tons of awesome games, etc. It was second-hand, but... meh. Instead, I continued looking for a N64, and found one. I still have it to this day. :)
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2006, 07:34:17 PM »
The sole reason I got my PS2 was for Kingdom Hearts.

« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2006, 12:09:08 AM »
Silly, naive Bird Person. These are not praises that we are dispensing sardonically.
But shouldn't they be praises? I mean come on, who wouldn't want to be able to cook some nice juicy ribs while at the same time playing a good game of Super Mario 128?

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2006, 12:13:38 AM »
 Just now got that, eh? What I was trying to say was that we were poking fun at the multitasking of these appliances. We have plenty of devices for specific tasks, why combine them all when it is currently unneccessary? Silly, naive CreamCat. We don't want an Easy-Bake Game Console.

« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2006, 12:17:03 AM »
Silly, naive CreamCat. We don't want an Easy-Bake Game Console.
But I do man, I do (sarcasm).

In all seriousness I think our friend Mario Maniac suffers from wanting to constantly chat, so he makes a topic about what he wants to chat about (in this case the PS3), but after awhile people stop replying, so he makes a new topic stating that he has changed his opinion (in order for people to start chatting about the PS3) and now thinks it's over hyped, but after that topic dies down he keeps flipflopping his opinion back and forth in the hopes that he can talk about the PS3 with us for longer. Atleast that's what I think. Sorry if that sounded rude MM.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2006, 12:28:04 AM by CreamCat »

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2006, 12:54:34 PM »
....or maybe he has two heads :-O

..just kidding.

I guess you might be on to something, CreamCat.

« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2006, 09:21:08 AM »
No Mario Manaic suffers from a ton of disorders, like posting-month-old news disorder, console flip-flop disorder, and he also seems to think we forget what he says every 2 months so he feels the need to tell us again despite being told to stop.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2006, 01:53:20 PM »
If I get a PS3, it'll only be for the George Foremen Grill. But if I would get a GB2, it won't be for the Easy-Bake, I know that.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2006, 02:00:24 PM »
Maybe I was right about Mario Maniac having multiple heads...

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2006, 08:10:56 AM »
By the way, just a question, is it illegal to like all three current companies? Everyone here is saying "Oh Glorb, you're so mean, I like all three companies. I just don't like Sony." I mean, that's exactly what everyone's saying! In addition, the whole point of my argument was to say that everyone is making a topic about how they don't like the PS3 because a) it's expensive or b) they just don't like Sony.

I think (and don't freak out at this) that the whole Sony-Nintendo thing was caused when Sony got better sales than the N64 due to cheaper prices and a better format. Yes, the N64 had better graphics, but in the end it boiled down to price, and many N64 games were just too expensive ($70 and up). So Sony basically won. As a result, they caused much contempt in Nintendo fans, and this happened. Yes, I know the PS3 will be expensive, let's just get on with our lives. You aren't expected to buy one. In fact, I think the PS3 will be the least succesful system of that generation, topped by the 360 and Wii (in either order). I for one have some friends who are Sony-only fans, and they don't care about prices. Having to shell out $500 will probably change their minds, regardless of how cool it looks. So in conclusion, stop whining about PS3 prices BEFORE THEY'RE EVEN ANNOUNCED. For all we know, Sony might've been messing around and the system will cost $200 or less; very unlikely, but since we don't work at Sony we'll never know about it 'till they announce it.
every

« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2006, 09:24:41 AM »
I don't think smfan1085 counts as everyone Glorb.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2006, 08:27:36 PM »
Well, you get the idea. Lots of people everywhere, not just here, are whining about PS3 prices. For example, my friend said, and I quote:
Friend: The PS3 is just too expensive!
Me: How do you know ho much it is?
Firend: It's $500! I read about it!
Me: Those are just rumors; it's not confirmed yet.
Friend: $500!
Me: But it's a rumor.
Friend: Five-hundred dollars.

Etc. Anyway, that seems to be the whole mentality of some PS3 price haters, more or less, approximately
every

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2006, 06:14:17 AM »
...around, bordering on, circa, close to, loosely, roughly.

« Reply #41 on: May 03, 2006, 10:37:34 AM »
$500-600 is a virtual certainty. $400 bare minimum and that would probably be a pared down "basic" version.

« Reply #42 on: May 03, 2006, 12:30:14 PM »
I like Nintendo. I don't care much for Microsoft or Sony . I think they are falling into the Violence and you know what else is ok and Nintendo is the only one with most of its games are rated T and under thats what I like about Nintendo.
SSBB theme lyrics: I'll be the Marth, Luigi noob, This is Yoshi's B, This monkey wants to hug him. I'll heat the duck, Uigi noob, pooped through the dress this monkey wears to work.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #43 on: May 03, 2006, 06:04:32 PM »
I know it's not like I hate Sony or anything it's just I'm not interested in that kind of video games I'd rather play Mario so that's what I spend my money on when I get money.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #44 on: May 03, 2006, 09:27:44 PM »
Sony is responsible for creating the system on which Guitar Hero is played, and for that, I am grateful. That being said, I don't play many PS2 games. Tony Hawk sometimes.

« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2006, 10:12:08 PM »
Sony and Microsoft are moving to far away from the rated E games you dont see many of those on either of the othe consoles. So if Nintendo falls we will have no options (Which it won't). We will lose those type of games forever, I dont want that
SSBB theme lyrics: I'll be the Marth, Luigi noob, This is Yoshi's B, This monkey wants to hug him. I'll heat the duck, Uigi noob, pooped through the dress this monkey wears to work.

« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2006, 10:12:49 PM »
You gotta love Katamari Damacy, We Love Katamari, Guitar Hero, Mad Maestro, Incredible Crisis, DDR, beatmania, Karaoke Revolution, God of War, Final Fantasy X-XII, Space Channel 5 Special Edition, Taiko Drum Master, Frequency, Amplitude, Metal Gear Solid 2-3, and all that stuff.

It's Xbox that's lacking the games (assuming you own a PC).

« Reply #47 on: May 03, 2006, 10:18:51 PM »
Sony and Microsoft are moving to far away from the rated E games you dont see many of those on either of the othe consoles. So if Nintendo falls we will have no options (Which it won't). We will lose those type of games forever, I dont want that

E-rated games on Gamecube: 306
E-rated games on PlayStation 2: 568
E-rated games on Xbox: 350

In conclusion, what are you talking about?

I must point out that one could argue in neotev's defense by saying that the top-notch E-rated titles are GCN-dominated, but that's not what was said now, was it.

« Reply #48 on: May 03, 2006, 10:38:48 PM »
Well I didn't know playstation had that many E rated games but the games they have (Grand Theft auto)would probably make up for that amount. But I might not have my facts straight and if that is so I am sorry

« Reply #49 on: May 03, 2006, 10:43:26 PM »
While it was strictly wrong, I definitely see where you got the idea. The "Big Name Games" on Xbox and PS2 are largely rated T and M while the best of the GCN library is largely rated E.

And before you go bashing consoles for GTA, remember that Gamecube has games just as violent (RE4, Killer 7).

« Reply #50 on: May 03, 2006, 11:05:32 PM »
And before you go bashing consoles for GTA, remember that Gamecube has games just as violent (RE4, Killer 7).

But both Resident Evil 4 and Killer 7 are also on PS2.

« Reply #51 on: May 03, 2006, 11:56:55 PM »
So?

Jake

• Mr. Manure
« Reply #52 on: May 04, 2006, 08:14:58 AM »
Lizard Dude has a point. Besides, they were originally going to be exclusive to Gamecube.

Also, while it isn't violent or exclusive (or good even :P), Gamecube also had BMX XXX, with the nudity unblured (strange, since the PS2 version was censored).

« Reply #53 on: May 04, 2006, 08:52:21 AM »
Sorry about that I don't have my facts straight. I should'nt have spoken when I haven't ever played a M game on any console ever so you guys are right I just wish that all the consoles could put more enphasis on less violence and all that junk. But then again that isnt going to happen cuz sales would go down dramatically this is just my opinion

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #54 on: May 04, 2006, 10:05:40 AM »
E-rated games on Gamecube: 306
E-rated games on PlayStation 2: 568
E-rated games on Xbox: 350

You have a statistic on what proportion of games on each console are E-rated? This would be a great statistic to whip out when someone argues that Nintendo's games are "too kiddy" to play.
~I.S.~

« Reply #55 on: May 04, 2006, 10:24:11 AM »
*sigh* that is not what im trying to get at all I should probably shut up now before people start hating me And rated E games are not kiddish, K-A rated game
Barney and Teletubbies are kiddish.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2006, 10:37:29 AM by neotev »

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #56 on: May 04, 2006, 02:15:23 PM »
K-A is E.
That was a joke.

« Reply #57 on: May 04, 2006, 02:40:42 PM »
Gamecube: 306/590            51.9%
PlayStation 2: 568/1402      40.5%
Xbox: 350/951                    36.8%

Game Boy Advance: 764/900   84.9%
DS: 98/142                             69.0%

PSP: 63/149                          42.3%

Xbox 360: 35/75                     46.7%

Source: www.esrb.org
« Last Edit: May 04, 2006, 02:47:11 PM by Lizard Dude »

« Reply #58 on: May 04, 2006, 02:48:50 PM »
Note: This is not going to help Steve's cause very much.

« Reply #59 on: May 05, 2006, 09:44:16 AM »
Sorry guys I have been makeing wrong assumptions. I'm sorry can you forgive me?

« Reply #60 on: May 05, 2006, 05:10:56 PM »
I can forgive you.

« Reply #61 on: May 05, 2006, 05:22:19 PM »
E rated, T rated. Why can't there be a Z-rating?
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #62 on: May 05, 2006, 06:43:54 PM »
Rated Z for.... pie. I'm stumped on how that would work.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #63 on: May 08, 2006, 08:47:12 AM »
It's obvious: Z stands for Pie! That's how it works.
To make up for all the E-rated games on the PS2, Sony should start making more violent games. The PS2 is a little-kid system! On the other hand, the Xbox needs more Resident Evil games. What does Capcom have against Microsoft? They make a few crappy games for the system (Steel Battalion, Without Warning, Beat Down: Fists of Vengance) and that's it?
every

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #64 on: May 08, 2006, 04:12:21 PM »
Capcom must be aware of Xbox's evil plan. >:)

Print