Print

Author Topic: The HOPEFUL thread: Be happy here!  (Read 1269217 times)

« Reply #5070 on: May 17, 2010, 10:02:05 AM »
Worked at a cd/movie store today called Coconuts (or in other parts of the nation "Transworld").  I came across this sweet dvd called "A Technicolor Dream".  It talks about the history of the Underground movement in london during the 1960's and such.  It talks about the UFO Club, Pink Floyd, etc.  It also has live performances by PF with Syd at famous "musical happenings" such as the 14 hour Technicolor Dream.
I only watch [adult swim]

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #5071 on: May 19, 2010, 04:51:15 AM »
I found out yesterday that I will be receiving the "Alabama 2010 Chiquita Marbury Technology Innovation Award." Each year one award is presented to a Middle School Teacher for "Innovation and Creativity, Impact on Teaching and Learning, Leadership, Teamwork, and Scholarship." I was told, "Our award panel rated your attribute scores at the highest level of excellence in each criteria area as judged against other middle school teachers in the state."
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #5072 on: May 19, 2010, 11:10:31 AM »
That sounds great man.  I'm happy for you.

Today I got a compliment from my assistant manager, and she told me my main manager was "thuroughly impressed" with the job I did at a CVS yesterday.

I decided to work out a little today and I forgot how good it feels to work yourself like that.  I thought I would be wicked tired afterwards, but to my surprise, I'm not at all.  I plan on doing this everyday now that I remember only a half hour or hour out of the day can make you feel so good.

All in all I've been doing a lot of thinking.  I've been the happiest I've been in a couple years and I want to keep it this way.  I now realize doing hard drugs was the worst idea possible, and that I never understood the full extent of its detriment on me.  I am now so grateful that I was able to do this by myself, because I also realize that not everybody gets a second chance at life.  Staying sober has to be one of the best ideas I've had for a long time.  Now that I've climbed out of the mess I've created, theres only one direction my mind is set for.  Up.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 11:12:39 AM by superstarMASIAH »

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #5073 on: May 19, 2010, 11:55:53 AM »
Yeah, working out feels awesome once you get into a habit of doing it.

On that note, yesterday I figured out a way to set up a dance mat in my house where it'd actually be usable, and have started playing Dance Dance Revolution again. I need to get back in the groove, but since I'm playing a DDR version that consists almost entirely of songs I like (instead of playing any of the three US versions I've had sitting here for months, I've been playing the Japanese version of Extreme), I shouldn't have a problem doing so.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #5074 on: May 19, 2010, 03:33:34 PM »
Haha, Warp likes that wack Japanese Eurotechno rave music. lololol

Anyway, I three recently started working out, though neglected to mention it here until I saw you guys do it. It was kind of hard for me starting since I've let myself turn into a fatass but not so much anymore. Listening to my iPod helps, at least for me.
every

« Reply #5075 on: May 19, 2010, 03:46:54 PM »
What's the job you've been doing at all these stores, superstarMASIAH? Cleaning or something?

« Reply #5076 on: May 19, 2010, 06:10:00 PM »
Heh, good one.  No, auditing.  Using computers.

« Reply #5077 on: May 20, 2010, 09:58:51 AM »
Today is starting out to be a beautifle day in the mid to upper 70's.  I was walking along the path to my creek when I came acroos a huge garder snake (about 3 1/2 ft. long, fat too).  I think it was huge because it was female and pregnant.  I picked it up in my hands and it didn't struggle one bit.  Then I set it back down for it to slither away in the near feild.

A few yards after that I came across a small wood turtle.  What a coincidence.  I picked him up and brought him/her back to my house and took a few pictures of him/her.  Then I brought him back to where I found it.

Seeing nature like this just brightens up my day, especially when its so nice out.

« Reply #5078 on: May 20, 2010, 10:18:44 AM »
Nature is a beautiful and wondrous thing.

I found out that we had pickles. Enough said.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #5079 on: May 20, 2010, 04:56:40 PM »
Because of the preceding statement, I read "we had pickles" out to mean, "we had pickles growing in our yard/garden/lawn/whatever". Wut.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #5080 on: May 21, 2010, 03:07:51 PM »

Got my Adon figure today. My Bison should be coming soon.
No! I don't want that!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #5081 on: May 22, 2010, 06:17:12 AM »
While it's obviously really, really bumming me out that Movie Gallery/Hollywood Video/Game Crazy are folding, it did give me a chance to pick up Rock Band 2, Guitar Hero: Smash Hits, Darksiders, and Dante's Inferno for under $85 last night. Next: Movies!
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #5082 on: May 22, 2010, 03:45:20 PM »
Nahh, I wish we still had cucumbers growing.

I got recommended by the staff to join my hospitals teen advisory board. I still have to apply, though. My overconfidence has me adding the meeting dates to my calendar already.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #5083 on: May 22, 2010, 10:53:10 PM »
While it's obviously really, really bumming me out that Movie Gallery/Hollywood Video/Game Crazy are folding, it did give me a chance to pick up Rock Band 2, Guitar Hero: Smash Hits, Darksiders, and Dante's Inferno for under $85 last night. Next: Movies!
I can only express my discontent for "Dante's Inferno" because I've read and own most of Dante's poetry (The Inferno, Purgitorio, and Paradisimo).  It isn't true to the story, Dante wasn't a warrior in the physical sense but in the spiritual sense.  I cannot bring myself to buy this game, no matter how good it is.

In other news.  While, again, walking along the path of my creek I saw a family of Minks.  They were very dark brown.  This made me pretty happy.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 10:54:54 PM by superstarMASIAH »

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #5084 on: May 23, 2010, 07:28:33 AM »
Yeah, I know it has a flagrant disregard for the source material (Penny Arcade's comic on the matter was great), but I tend enjoy action-oriented adaptations with minimal canonicity (see: Sherlock Holmes).

Oh, so I went to Movie Gallery yesterday and got BioShock and Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction (would've gotten Arkham Asylum, but I wasn't sure I could make it). Later, with the help of a Best Buy gift card, I threw down an online (pre-)order for Green Day: Rock Band.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Print