Poll

Do you think the Nintendo Wii be a sucess?

Yep. It will be the best system ever.
32 (51.6%)
It will be better than average, and you plan on buying it.
26 (41.9%)
Ehh... It will just sell as much as the Gamecube.
2 (3.2%)
Not really, I think Wii won't quite measure up to an Xbox.
1 (1.6%)
Nope, none or barely any Wii's will be sold when it comes out.
1 (1.6%)

Total Members Voted: 61

Print

Author Topic: Will Wii Make it?  (Read 24119 times)

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« on: May 10, 2006, 04:19:26 PM »
Do you think that the Wii will be a big sucess? or will it be a total failure? This is just your opinion. Oh and Don't make fun of the title.

I picked average because when asked people at school, they said no, but I still think that some people will buy it.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2006, 04:21:49 PM by Metal_Slug_Mario »

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2006, 05:37:03 PM »
i think it will wipe out xbox 360 and ps3. i just hope sony doesnt get there greedy hands on wii and steal ideas like they always do. the reason i think it will do good is because i have always been a nintendo fan and my friends always made fun of me (just joking arround there not mean) but when they heard about the wii they said "forget the xbox360 or ps3 the wii looks pretty darn good". trust me only a realy good nintendo system can make my nintendo basher friends want to by the wii.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2006, 06:22:57 PM »
I agree with you rubberducky, the PS3 and X box 360 are just "souped-up" versions of there earlier systems and all they have to offer is just better graphics and a higher cost and just about the same games. On the other hand the Wii is estimated to be cheaper than the others with enhanced graphics and great new mario games! In conclusion, I think the wii will beat the crap out of the other systems. Who agrees?
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2006, 06:36:50 PM »
your right. its time for the wii to get revenge on playstation. i always hated playstation everysince they copied the N64. playstation needs to think of there own ideas. i could rant and complain all day but ill stop.

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2006, 06:41:45 PM »
WII WILL MAKE IT!!
Sorry, I just had to say that. I voted "It is the best consul ever".
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2006, 06:43:37 PM »
No!!! we shall not stop!, We must complain more and more about Sony!!! Playstation sold more systems than the 64! But it was just a stolen Idea!!! C'mon people protest with me!!
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2006, 07:32:39 PM »

JULIUS CAESAR, BEST CONSUL EVER

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Anyway, I feel the same way about Playstation as you guys do. Unfortunately, I can't help but get the sneaking feeling that stores will contain more games for each of the other two next-gen systems than ones for Wii. (Well, I don't know about that, but it just seems like it could be that way judging from the fact that at least one store I went to had almost NO DS games and LOTS of PSP games.)

But I still think the Wii will do quite well as far as sales; most unbiased people seem to love the idea of it.
GEIANDGIRLCO DIRECT - The Sensitive Alternative

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2006, 07:55:29 PM »
The option: "Wii's name killed it" isn't up there.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2006, 08:03:03 PM »
Did Columbus Sail the Ocean Blue?
Did Elvis Presly die?
Did Jackie Chan do "Rumble In The Bronx"?
Did Jet Li do "Romero Must Die"?
Is Homer Simpson fat?
Is Deezer spelled D-E-E-Z-E-R?
Was I once drmario64?
Is George W. Bush a bad president?
Is Simon Cowell a mean one?
Am I getting repetitive?
Should I just stop not before hurting myself?

In short, yes, the Wii will make it.
But...
The name...
That is what bothers me...
Wii even name it the Wii?
Most Wishy-Washy

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2006, 08:15:02 PM »
Oh, this is so exciting.  With E3 coming up, the blood of TMK is pumping hot, and palms are sweaty from the great anticipation!
Revo...er...Wii will make it all the way!   (Or at least above average). 
Maybe there is more to me than there is to me...

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2006, 09:54:25 PM »
Nintendo system are always successful in one way or another, so I don't see why it wouldn't succeed. As for winning the next console race, only time can tell.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2006, 11:48:09 PM »
Unlike you other chaps, I do believe that the Wii will not outsale the PS3. It just can not be done I'm afraid. The Playstation one and two were huge successes and chances are so will the third. You see, the first two Playstations were full of fun and popular games that shed the whole (apprently un-cool) kiddy image. The

Gamcube on the other hand was full of (so called) kiddy games, the loss of Rareware , very few games and it looked like a plasticy little toy. Frankly it is obvious to me why the PS2 did so much better.

Now, I know the Wii has huge third part support, a new and origonal controller (which at first I hated, but have now grown to love after seeing it in action), and an un-kiddish look, but it has two bad things- a company with a bad rep and a kiddish name. It might not seem like much, but most people I know are turned off enough by these two thigns to not buy a Wii.

So, no. The Wii will not beat the PS3. The 360 on the other hand might see itself being beaten by a console named Wii.

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2006, 11:59:41 PM »
Nintendo does not have a bad rep. Among unbiased people, it has quite a good one (especially in the case of its handheld systems).

The GCN does not look like a "plasticy little toy" in the least.

If the PS3 does do better, it will probably be in large part because of the millions of idiots in this world who think GOOD games are "kiddy" and "un-cool" (I'm not targeting anyone here, obviously).

I should have mentioned the latest thing that made me furious with the people behind Playstation. They've freakin' copied Nintendo's idea for a motion-sensitive controller. The newly re-designed PS3 controller has some sort of tilt-sensing technology that, while it's not the same or as good as the Wii controller technology, is still blatant idea theft in my view.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2006, 12:16:40 AM »
But did they copy it well enough? No. It just tilts. You can't punch wth a PS3 controller, but a Wiimote knows where it is, not just what end is lower.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2006, 12:23:25 AM »
Yeah, I realize that. But what they did still annoys me to no end.

Print