Print

Author Topic: Who cares about game ratings?  (Read 19055 times)

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #75 on: June 26, 2006, 09:07:46 PM »
there's nothing voilent in SSBM!
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

« Reply #76 on: June 26, 2006, 09:35:05 PM »
Apart from punching, kicking, swords, flames, people being hit by cars, acid, and other things. :)
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #77 on: June 28, 2006, 03:28:59 PM »
When you think about it, SSBM should of been rated E. It's the same thing as SSB but with more characters and stages. But the ESRB is a good thing. If it wasn't formed then videogames wouldn't be around today.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #78 on: June 28, 2006, 04:27:42 PM »
i agree boo,SSBM was just more graphic....
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #79 on: June 28, 2006, 08:36:20 PM »
It also has more features.  Like Adventure, All Star, and special Melees and tournaments in Vs Mode.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #80 on: June 29, 2006, 06:36:02 AM »
Su.B.= You mean more graphic, as in, character, level, etc. designs?

This reminds me of one of my first posts in a SSBM topic= Come on? T? Someone had too much butter beer.

But I do agree that SSBM is overrated. Compare SSBM to some of the other games that are rated T that are all for PS2 and X-BOX/360. Also look at Super Mario Strikers. People in that game are getting fried by electrical fences, tackled, smashed by goalies in midair, and hit by other players with the ball if they are in the way. And that game is an E. I would believe that SSBM would at least be 10+, including SMStr.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #81 on: June 29, 2006, 06:14:29 PM »
Browsing through this topic, I find:

Games that are violent to a reasonable degree like the Lord of the Rings games are okay.

Games that are excessively and gratuitously violent, showing blood and gore mostly just for the sake of showing blood and gore, are BAD. Maybe not quite the "spawn of Satan", but not all that far off from it in my view. The same goes for movies.

Games with sexual content in them = always bad (as far as I know).

I'm a bit late in commenting on this, but if a game has either of those elements in it, and is justified in doing so (i.e. not only for the sake of containing said elements) then it is perfectly acceptable and not "bad".
That was a joke.

fuzzy

• Banned
« Reply #82 on: June 29, 2006, 08:30:23 PM »
This reminds me of a funny story.  Once upon a time, I was in a game store buying a neat Nintendo game like a always do when I overheard a mother looking for a game for her young child.  I can't remember the exact age but he was younger than me, and I was 13 at the time.  Apparantly this child owned a Playstation and wanted a certain game that I personally think caused many problems for immature people. (naturally because you have to be mature to play this game since it was rated M.)  Anyway the mother told the clerk that she wanted Grand Theft Auto for her boy.  At this point the clerk told the mother that it had a lot of violence in it, but the mother still considered buying it.  They stood there for about ten minutes practicly arguing until the mother finially made up her mind at which point I had left the store never to hear the end of the story.  I just can't believe that she sill considered buying that kind of game for her young child after the clerk told her who violent the game was.  I mean it was rated M in the first place and the name itself tells you something.  She was so dumb she probably didn't know that games had ratings.   
"If you want to make enemies, try to change something."--Woodrow Wilson

« Reply #83 on: June 29, 2006, 08:32:44 PM »
It's AO if you found the............Cup of Joe that's kind of warm.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #84 on: June 29, 2006, 08:47:22 PM »
Wasn't that just a mod?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #85 on: June 30, 2006, 02:16:47 PM »
No, it was a hack that exposed code in the game that wasn't supposed to be found.
That was a joke.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #86 on: June 30, 2006, 05:07:32 PM »
How come it's always refered to as a "mod"? Everywhere I've seen it mentioned, it was called "The Hot Coffee Mod". What's up with that?

« Reply #87 on: June 30, 2006, 08:25:24 PM »
It's inaccessable in normal gameplay, and, to access it, you must use a mod that enables it, or so I have heard.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #88 on: June 30, 2006, 09:14:45 PM »
So why would they raise the rating if "Hot Coffee Mod" is inaccessable in normal gameplay.  I would think that if the person is capable of accessing it, then they oughta be old enough to understand it.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #89 on: July 01, 2006, 12:04:58 AM »
Short answer: politics sucks.

Print