Print

Author Topic: What would you do if you had control of Nintendo?  (Read 13076 times)

The Chef

• Super
« on: June 06, 2006, 07:15:57 PM »
Face it, the Mario franchise isn't enough. We'd all love to see the rest of Nintendo make our gaming dreams come true, so post away...

Here's mine:
-New Kid Icarus.
-New Ice Climber.
-New Balloon Fight.
-Pikmin 3
-New version of ROB for the Wii.
-New Punch-Out!!
-Remake of Banjo-Kazooie on the DS.
-Another Zelda that plays like Zelda II.
-Pokemon 64 on the virtual console (NOT Stadium, an entirly new game).
-Japan-only games on the virtual console.
-A new, better and healthier version of the Virtual Boy.
-Bring back Captain N, feature him in SSB and then make a game about him.
-New Star Tropics.
-Nintenchickens. XD

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2006, 10:11:56 PM »
I'll bet you're all expecting me to say "Change Wii back to Revolution" but believe it or not, I'm over it. So, things I'd do:
Make absolutely sure that 300% effort is put into SSBB, top priority.
Try to make every multiplayer Wii & DS game online
Either have Zelda: Collector's Edition available for anyone to buy or have OoT and MM remade for he DS on one game card (LoZ & AoL are both on the Classic NES series, correct?)
Seriously, the song "We Will Rock You" needs to be paid for by Nintendo to use in commercials for the Wii. Is it even illegal to just play the song in the background?
I bet I said this somewhere in the FF already, but when the Wii is out and the Virtual Console is running, there should be a game of the week/month that is free for download until the end of the week/month. It would be on the front page, like this:

Wii (R) Virtual Console (TM)                [Search]
Game of the Week: Super Mario Bros. (NES, 1985) Download!
Top 10 downloads this month: Blah blah blah

Make all official sites like The NSMB Official Site. Drenched in downloads, straight to the point, and only subtly interactive.
And lastly, live in Japan.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2006, 12:43:24 AM »

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2006, 01:29:04 PM »
I see this topic is off to a good start.

Here's a few more ideas:

-A third-person Metroid title(it would be interesting).
-New Mach Rider.
-Get Mother 1+2 and Mother 3 released here.
-Have finished versions of cancelled games on the virtual console(Starfox 2, Mother 64, etc.)
-Make a game similar to Smash, but a crossover with Sega or Capcom or Namco or Konami or Hudson or All of the above.
-Give Captain Falcon his own non-racing game that tells about his past.
-Make the Nintendo ON an actual system in the future. (www.nintendoon.com)

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2006, 10:03:57 PM »
Wow considering what I'd do is not as simple as I thought it would be.
-bring a tiny bit of blood back into the Zelda series (Ganondorf vomited blood in the gold and some gray copies of OoT.  I prefer the blood over the icky green gunk because the blood, even though it was only in one part, made the game appear more dark and realistic.  You know, when one gets beaten up as badly as Ganny, they're more likely to vomit blood. -end explanation/rant)
-Include a translated Mario and Wario and other Japanese exclusive games in the Virtual Console.
-Make a DS port of OoT and MM. (just like Bird Person's Collectors' Edition idea) Be like a pre-order package for PH.
-Make sure that SSBB becomes the greatest figher of all time, and, if possible, have it be so great that even SSBM would pale in comparison (hard task seeing as SSBM is considered by many, including myself, to be the greatest fighter of all time).
-Slow down the development of Mario Party titles.
-Remake M&L:Pit, so that it takes better advantage of the touch screen.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2006, 12:06:06 AM »
I believe there was a trailer of Twilight Princess from before it was named. Part of the trailer stated "Swords will bleed..." Yeah, in a game where you're slashing up blue four-legged spiders, I'd expect more blood.
It's YOUR problem!

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2006, 08:43:41 AM »
You can never be too sure, though.  They could have used that "Blades will bleed" thing as a little alliterary poem to make the trailer feel even more epic and dark.  But I believe TP has the potential of being the most epic and darkest chapter in Zelda series.  In fact, I believe TP will even exceed its epic predecessor, OoT, in greatness.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2006, 04:22:40 PM »
-Beg Shigeru Miyamoto to make a Super Mario 64 2, heh.
-Make another Nintendo 64, but it will be called Super Nintendo 64
-Another Super Mario Sunshine
-A new Ice Climber game
-The Legend of Zelda: OoT 2 :)

I might make more, but this is it for now.
My sister is a...(insert threat here)

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2006, 06:54:39 PM »
-Beg Shigeru Miyamoto to make a Super Mario 64 2, heh.

Dude you will be in control, you don't have to beg anyone. I don't have a very creative mind, but I guess you get a team together and get some new characters for a different kind of game.
Don't know what it would be about though...

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2006, 04:49:53 PM »
I was using that one as a joke. (Note that everytime I end the sentence with "Heh", i'm maybe joking)

Anyway, I would make a Mario 64 2 because the original one was awesome. I would add the characters from the DS version: Yoshi, Luigi, and Wario. I would also add new characters like Waluigi, Toad, Baby Mario, etc. The storyline would also be diffrent: When Mario wins a cruise to the Mushroom Islands, his ship is attcked by a rouge wave (I'm not copying Poseidon, heh) caused by Bowser. When Mario, Wario, and Waluigi wake up in the same spot, they saw Bowser. He claims he was on the island 1 week ago before they came along shore. So who was the person who caused the rouge wave? And where was Luigi, Toad, Baby Mario, and the rest of the gang? To find out the answers, you need to go to various portals that are all over the islands and find 300 Power Stars, plus 12 Star Keys, AND 3 Crystals. That would be the new Mario 64 if I could make one. I can, AND I WILL! Heh. Will, maybe not. But I can maybe send this to Nintendo or something.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2006, 06:55:39 PM »
I think Super Mario Galaxy pretty much fits that role.

I have a few more suggestions:

-Virtual Boy games on the virtual console. (Without the 3D and some more color.)
-New Mario Paint.
-Make a Kingdom Hearts-style RPG with the cast of Smash starring the new version of Captain N I spoke of earlier.
-A fully 3d Kirby game. (like SM64, not K64)
-Make Nintendo ON a real product. (www.nintendoon.com)

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2006, 07:15:09 AM »
-Tell Shigesato Itoi to start on MOTHER 4 ASAP, but not to relase it until the 10s(Only one MOTHER game can be released in a decade).
-Release MOTHER 1+2 and MOTHER 3 with a GOOOOOD marketing strategy.
-More Luigi games.
-Squeal like a Schoolgirl.
-Virtual Boy Advance. 'Nuff said.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2006, 12:29:35 PM »
Dude you will be in control, you don't have to beg anyone. I don't have a very creative mind, but I guess you get a team together and get some new characters for a different kind of game.
Don't know what it would be about though...
Now, Miyamoto basically IS in control of Nintendo, but he technically is not. He isn't president of Nintendo Japan. It would suck if he were, too; that's less time for him to make games. So if Nintendo Bros. WERE in control of Nintendo, I suppose he could suggest SM642 and if Miyamoto didn't like the idea he would have to beg.
I gotta say, though, the SM642 plot is a little bit off. Baby Mario is now supposed to be living peacefully in the past now that everything is fine there, and don't say they were on their way to go play a spinoff because spinoffs and the game plots don't mix. If it were made, I'd hope the island theme wouldn't make gameplay too similar to SMSu. Its levels were just barely different enough, but no Mario adventure game is complete without an ice level.

-The Legend of Zelda: OoT 2 :)
Majora's Mask.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2006, 12:32:10 PM by Bird Person »
It's YOUR problem!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2006, 01:31:11 PM »
I gotta keep my topics alive and thriving.

-Online F-zero
-Online Star Fox
-Get the rights to make a Homestar Runner video game.
-New Doki Doki Panic or at least a cameo in some other game.
-Make Nintendo ON real. (www.nintendoon.com)

« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2006, 03:27:16 PM »
Now, Miyamoto basically IS in control of Nintendo, but he technically is not. He isn't president of Nintendo Japan. It would suck if he were, too; that's less time for him to make games. So if Nintendo Bros. WERE in control of Nintendo, I suppose he could suggest SM642 and if Miyamoto didn't like the idea he would have to beg.
I gotta say, though, the SM642 plot is a little bit off. Baby Mario is now supposed to be living peacefully in the past now that everything is fine there, and don't say they were on their way to go play a spinoff because spinoffs and the game plots don't mix. If it were made, I'd hope the island theme wouldn't make gameplay too similar to SMSu. Its levels were just barely different enough, but no Mario adventure game is complete without an ice level.
Majora's Mask.

Baby Mario does appear in the Mario sports games though, so it wouldn't mattar if I put him in there. Plus, the island isn't anything like SMSS. There is no town on it.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2006, 03:31:54 PM »
You'd have to beg the Brothers Chaps for permission to make a Homestar Runner console game.  Hey, I'd ask them to allow me to make a 3D version of Peasant's Quest that would play like OoT.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2006, 06:05:14 PM »
That wouldn't be necessary because Peasant's Quest is a parody of an already existing game franchise called King's Quest.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2006, 11:47:30 AM »
Should've guessed...
Regards, Uncle Dolan

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2006, 01:16:50 PM »
Still, a Homestar Fighter or Homestar Racer would be pretty cool.

« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2006, 02:31:20 PM »
If I had control of Nintendo I would start by getting a SNES, N64, and a GC. Yes I know it's pathetic, but I don't have any of these.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2006, 06:23:17 PM »
You poor, poor unfortunate soul.

« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2006, 07:27:23 PM »
Don't worry...getting these things is on one of my "100 Things To Do Before I Die" list. :D

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2006, 07:44:44 PM »
If I had control of Nintendo I would start by getting a SNES, N64, and a GC. Yes I know it's pathetic, but I don't have any of these.
Oh my :( ! That's very unfortunate.

Anyway, If I controlled Nintendo I would pretty much keep doing what they were doing. Nintendo is doing a great job in my eyes.
However I would stop the Game boy micros and other future game boy evolutions. The DS can play Game boy games just fine.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2006, 01:19:37 PM »
Would've rather had a new version of the Super Game Boy Adapter (GBA Player doesn't count, you can't create your own boarder and the sound and color is distorted).

I also just realized how awesome a new version of Mario & Wario would be on the Wii.

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2006, 09:45:53 PM »
I would make Cybornetic Heros!(I have thought of ot for 3 years)
Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2006, 08:09:30 AM »
Mind telling us what that is?

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2006, 03:14:44 PM »
Don't mind!A video game that comes with a MIC,is online conpatable,and lets you play A thing called Game Gallery Emulator!Object:Save all of reality from an evil creature named Darkness Creature.(listed in order of when you play them)Levels:Rockey Moutians(Boss:King DryBones),Flooded Volcano(Boss:Blargg),Wire Powerplant(Boss:Mother Virus),Iroquoi Forest(Boss:Darkness Creature's Bodozer),Firey Domain(Boss: Shadow Fire Mario),Water Gates(Boss:Morpha(From Zelda:OOT)),Cave Of Darkness(Boss:Shadow Link From Zelda2),Light Bright House On The Sun(Boss:Princess Of Darkness),and Dark Tower(Boss:All 4 forms of Darkness Creature Himself!).Disc1 is the actual game witch includes Game Gallery Emulater That lets you play 7 NES games,36 SNES games and 13N64 Games while Disc2 has all of your extra unlockables.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2006, 04:53:16 PM by coolkid »

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2006, 06:19:31 PM »
That sounds rediculous.

« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2006, 06:59:40 PM »
I would make a SSB DS, and I would release a Starfox Wii, as a sequel to SFA. Also, I would produce more Mario RPGs, make a Starfox racer, a classic-style Metroid platformer, and a new version of Mario All-Stars.

Also, I would release Mario Parties with better storylines, if I had to release any. xP
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2006, 10:19:30 AM »
I'd sell the company to Microsoft.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2006, 08:44:39 PM »
If I had control of Nintendo, I would put it in the hands of someone more suitable.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2006, 12:26:17 PM »
I'd sell the company to Microsoft.
*Gasps*My God!Then Nintendo would not be innovative!

« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2006, 08:14:11 PM »
*Gasps*My God!Then Nintendo would not be innovative!

I think everybody knows that, heh. Microsoft would KILL Nintendo if they ever parterned up.

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2006, 12:09:12 PM »
Well just bomb Sony if they steal any ideas Sir*Salutes*>:(!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2006, 01:34:46 PM »
It's YOUR problem!

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2006, 04:38:05 PM »
That says NINTENDO stole things!But it said the Sony Ps3 was wireless like the Nintendo Wii.

« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2006, 12:56:59 AM »
I'm pretty sure that was a joke.

Something innovative like Sony? cough lol lmao rofl xd cough

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2006, 09:40:56 PM »
I know but if you watch the google video Nintendo Wee you will LOL!!!!!

EDIT: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2682510602289124394&q=Wii is the video so laugh your brains out!
« Last Edit: July 07, 2006, 09:49:38 PM by coolkid »

« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2006, 10:54:15 PM »
Interesting... :\

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2006, 11:50:51 AM »
Wii will rock you is just a cool one if you are a Kiss Fan: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8370638595402100713&q=Wii is just out of this world Gnarly dude!

EDIT:What the Dukar?

EDIT 2:If it doesn't play then go to http://www.google.com and then go to More then go to Videos then search Wii then find the video Wii Will Rock You to be blown away!
« Last Edit: July 08, 2006, 07:04:35 PM by coolkid »

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2006, 06:03:06 PM »
I'd sell it for a Klondike Bar!  That's what I'D do for a Klondike bar!
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2006, 06:13:58 PM »
I'd take Miyamoto-san with me and show him to my friends. They'd be so jealous!

Can't really think of a serious answer right now.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2006, 06:37:55 PM by n-fani »
You just wasted previous seconds of your life if you read this signature which doesn't really contain anything interesting.

« Reply #42 on: July 13, 2006, 04:33:30 AM »
I'd nuke the American Nintendo forums because I hate it, make a Wario Kart, and get rid of suitless Samus in SSBB so that the horny Samus lovers will stop being perverted. 

« Reply #43 on: July 13, 2006, 07:24:23 AM »
I'd put a waffle iron on the Wii.
Wii will rock you.

« Reply #44 on: July 19, 2006, 09:38:13 AM »
if i had control:-
1)employ us the fans to help build games
2)Remake Super Mario Bros 3 for DS(just Like New Super Mario Bros)
3)Banjo-Kazooie remake for Ds(as Sugested)
4)World Wide Mario Tornaments
5)Create more RPG Games For those who love them
6)finnally, Enjoy Gaming to the max, By releasing a brand new console, Maybe Another cartridge console
Super Mario.....The King Of Nintendo

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #45 on: July 20, 2006, 01:12:11 PM »
I'd Make another Cellshaded Zelda game and would Ban all the Sports Except for Mario Kart.

« Reply #46 on: July 23, 2006, 03:22:47 PM »
What would I do? Well...

1. Make sure there's a launch title for the Mario series, and if it's still not finished, I'd put a demo with the Wii free of charge ( for a limited time only. )
I'd also do anything I could to make sure the Virtual Console is made public and used by many people.

2. Get Hudson to make one more Mario Party, and if it's REALLY successful, I'd get Hudson to make it until Mario Party 10, and I'd try to get them to put new original characters in it.

3. Bring Sonic into Brawl, and make Next-Gen for Wii.

4. Make two new series. One appealing to children ( like Mario ) and one appealing to Teens.

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #47 on: July 23, 2006, 04:24:53 PM »
Cybornetic Heros might be rated E10+ but Twight Princess will be rated M(DUN DUN DUN).Sorry for making it off-topic.

« Reply #48 on: July 23, 2006, 11:02:53 PM »
- new zelda games like orcarina of time
- new mario party
- a waluigi game

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #49 on: July 24, 2006, 09:26:30 AM »
Ooh, how about: hide a golden ticket in five Wii boxes and give tours of Nintendo of Japan to the winners. Heh... That'd make some money.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #50 on: July 24, 2006, 10:49:34 AM »
cause I've got a golden ticket.....   I mean... something not copyrighted

I think i would just give myself a DS Lite.
I come bearing a gift. I'll give you a hint. It's in my diaper and it's not a toaster.

« Reply #51 on: September 18, 2006, 07:57:46 PM »
If I had control over Nintendo, I would let them keep doing what they are doing, BUT!..

- I would ask Miyamoto-san to please make Toad a playable character in all Mario spinoffs, where applicable (There are a great many games where Toad isn't playable, but should be..)

- I would make a club Nintendo for American gamers, with all the same benefits and other such things that the Japanese get.

- I would make sure that all Mario merchandise relased over seas is relased here (whether Nintendo is in control of it or not).

- I would take Miyamoto-san with me to see my friends (as another poster said he would do). They'd be so jealous.. :D

- I would have Nintendo make a sequel another Mario movie, this time one that is accurate, and maybe a Zelda and Metroid movie too (yes, I do know a Metroid movie is already in the works..)

That's really all I can think of right now.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #52 on: September 19, 2006, 02:06:55 PM »
I'd have someone like Miyamoto-san or whoever make a new, mature francise. The game will not be made easier for the casual gamer. This one will be built for the hardcore gamer only. It would be fun, too.
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

« Reply #53 on: September 21, 2006, 12:00:11 AM »
I would get rid all of the Mario party games, or at least make sure they make one every 5 years so at least they come up with more ideas by the next release and so at least people would a little more reason to get them.

Then I would adapt the Mario franchise to a Godfather theme.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #54 on: September 21, 2006, 04:12:12 PM »
You gotta be kidding about that last part. If so, please remember that I wanted serious posts in this topic. And what do you mean "get rid of"? You can't just make all the copies of a released game disappear.

« Reply #55 on: September 21, 2006, 06:01:37 PM »
Haha, well when I say get rid of, I mean as in discontinue, lol.

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #56 on: September 21, 2006, 07:09:51 PM »
- new zelda games like orcarina of time
- new mario party
- a waluigi game
You are dead to me.

Print