Print

Author Topic: Worst Moments In Mario History?  (Read 25349 times)

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #90 on: June 01, 2007, 12:16:14 PM »
I still consider Super Mario Bros. to be the worst game in the series. I mean, there's no vehicles. LAME.
every

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #91 on: June 01, 2007, 01:59:24 PM »
Super Mario 2: Mario Madness, as a kid, I never understood why this game was different from Mario 1, 3, and super Mario world.
But I always knew I hated it, and still do. Compared to the live action movie, it's decent, but still not worthy of being called Mario.

Then explain the recurring appearances of Bob-Ombs, Pokeys, Shy Guys and Birdos please.

« Reply #92 on: June 01, 2007, 02:33:57 PM »
Those enemies originated from SMB2, didn't they?

EDIT: Er, maybe I'm not getting your point. I'm gonna take a guess and assume that you're saying they are Mario characters because they're re-appearing in future Mario games, or that they are because they're in SMB2.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2007, 02:35:50 PM by Bigluigifan1.0 »
I'm a horrible person.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #93 on: June 01, 2007, 03:33:17 PM »
I'm saying that SMB2 is just as much of a Mario game as the rest, as it had a significant enough impact on the future development of the series.

« Reply #94 on: June 02, 2007, 10:18:30 AM »
It doesn't feel like a Mario game. I can replay Mario games over and over and never get tired between just Mario Bros, Mario Bros 3, and Mario 64, but I don't feel that way about Mario Bros 2. It pales in comparison, I guess would be the best way to put it, Rather than saying it isn't worthy of being called Mario, and I still think it is the worst Nintendo game to bear the Mario title.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2007, 10:21:45 AM by Metric »
The writer must earn money in order to be able to live and to write, but he must by no means live and write for the purpose of making money.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #95 on: June 02, 2007, 02:24:14 PM »
No, that would be either Hotel Mario or Mario is Missing!.

« Reply #96 on: June 02, 2007, 02:49:21 PM »
Gah, you aniled me. Mario is Missing is worse, though I've never played Hotel Mario. Is that a real Nintendo game?
The writer must earn money in order to be able to live and to write, but he must by no means live and write for the purpose of making money.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #97 on: June 02, 2007, 04:11:18 PM »
Nintendo sure didn't make it. I actually think "The Wand of Gamelon" is less of a Zelda game than Hotel Mario is of a Mario game. I also have a hankerin' that you're just spiteful towards SMB2 because you're not good at it. :D

« Reply #98 on: June 02, 2007, 04:17:36 PM »
It's true, I'm not good at it, but that's not exactly why.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #99 on: June 04, 2007, 05:49:37 PM »
Uhh, Super Mario Sunshine virtually has the same gameplay as Super Mario 64, except for FLUDD. It's one of my favorite Mario games ever and I love about everything about it. To me, it surpasses Super Mario 64 by a lot. The missions are fun, especially the sub-levels, beautiful scenery, and great music (especially Bianco Hills).
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #100 on: June 04, 2007, 07:07:47 PM »
Yeah, I think people are exaggerating their irritation with Super Mario Sunshine. I think it was an overall great game.

I also think the music is very good--but not nearly as good as that of Super Mario 64.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #101 on: June 04, 2007, 07:24:31 PM »
SMS had design issues (see Bob-ombs and Boos) and while FLUDD was fun to use, I could have used more unaided platforming. All in all though, SMS was quite good.
That was a joke.

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #102 on: June 04, 2007, 09:06:33 PM »
SMS was a victim of overly high expectations and nostalgia (which has a habit of making things seem greater than they where). They developers where also burdened with the task of making a new game without alienating the legendary SM64, they did better than people give them credit for.

« Reply #103 on: June 05, 2007, 11:25:32 AM »
Super Mario IceCapades (shudders)

« Reply #104 on: June 08, 2007, 03:17:52 PM »
I'm surprised to see "Super Mario 64" referred to a classic so frequently.  As I recall, I was one of the games few defenders when I posted here ca. 2000.
Mega 2
Cybernetic Abiogenesis Project

Print